View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 247 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the topic of another professional singer making TIS a better album, we have discussed it multiple time. Pardon me when I say this but people like Jai and I think such a statement is a joke. We are 100% sure, no one else, just no one else, could have sung TIS better.
    maanicca vaasagar's perumaan will become angrynga if someone other than Raasaa goes near the mic to sing "pollaa vinayaen".. thappu thappu.. thaadaila poattukunga..

It is surprising to hear this from you folks. I feel Raja's voice pales in comparison to the broadway singer in polla vinaye song. Any specific reason for you two to think that IR did maximum justice. Is it in Bhavam department you feel IR did best, as IR understood and emoted well?

I feel a singer like vijay prakash(oh shivoham) or Madhu Balakrishnan or Yesudas would have done justice. Then again, I am a common listener and don't know nuances of music. It was same feeling of my other normal music fans.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh

Yuvan might be a result of GVM request. I do not rule that out. It might be what I think too. Unless GVM or Yuvan clarifies, we will never know. May be it will become hit too.

To me after all this hype, it was a let down.

Jai,

Really. Oru naalil song by Yuvan you liked it. I thought it was the reason why Yuvan and Selavarangan split.. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I also wish this song is commercial hit. Afterall we want more projects for IR like this. In this I wish I should be proved wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, besides all this Yuvan singing, I observed that the tune is very fresh. Generally these days IR songs have a feel that it is borrowed from his own old library. But here I feel both the tune and ludes fresh. Do you folks feel the same?

After 900 movies it is amazing that he could do that, while MDs these days run out gas within 5 to 10 movies. Music is at his command. That is good part of it.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad_subbu View Post
    On the topic of another professional singer making TIS a better album, we have discussed it multiple time. Pardon me when I say this but people like Jai and I think such a statement is a joke. We are 100% sure, no one else, just no one else, could have sung TIS better.
    maanicca vaasagar's perumaan will become angrynga if someone other than Raasaa goes near the mic to sing "pollaa vinayaen".. thappu thappu.. thaadaila poattukunga..

It is surprising to hear this from you folks. I feel Raja's voice pales in comparison to the broadway singer in polla vinaye song. Any specific reason for you two to think that IR did maximum justice. Is it in Bhavam department you feel IR did best, as IR understood and emoted well?

I feel a singer like vijay prakash(oh shivoham) or Madhu Balakrishnan or Yesudas would have done justice. Then again, I am a common listener and don't know nuances of music. It was same feeling of my other normal music fans.
    OK saar. I dont think he missed a shruthi or mispronounce anything in that whole album - that is point #1
    When u say madhu balakrishnan or vijay prakash - there is one song in the album which is not by raaja and is by madhu and co - not to say that the song is not good - but - it doesnt pack the same punch as the ones sung by raaja and it might be what ppl say as bhavam or not - i dont care - there is a quality that softens the listener - provided the listener is not listening to it like super singer judge or something like that .
    There have been music neutrals (read external ppl who have not had the 'ilaiyaraaja' nostalgia influence) who have reviewed saying that broadway singer sings it flatly while his composition is full of contours - read the reviews for that.. i feel you have a predisposition to not like raaja clan voices. thats all. I too have similar bias when I begin cringing when Srinivas starts singing or hariharan begins to go beserk - i think for ppl like you and me there is no cure sir..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "915 padangalle appalamum oorugaiyum thaan koduththen...ippo thaan konjam saapaadu koduthirukken..GM padathula" - IR

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaigaaru,

I agree with your point as to pronounciation or Sruthi. My point is voice is also important and there I felt IR's did not work for me. Can you refer me to any reviews link? curious to see.

Regarding one Non Raaja song not having punch as other songs, it is due to nature of the song. For most part is ghosti gaanam. Raja did not give any such involved song to anybody in that album and hence we can't compare the punch by others singing and Raja singing.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prasad,

In case of Raja's voice, it is purely the emotion. Even SPB or Jesudas at their may not have done justice because there is bound to be a communication loss between music director's vision and the singer's implementation. In other songs, we may not feel or the singer would have put in something extra of his/her own. In case of Tiruvasagam, we are lucky that we got Raja's vision through his voice. His very deep understanding of the lyrics and his connect with the spirit of the lyrics are probably not something which he can convey to a singer without losing some info. So that way, I feel Raja was the apt choice for this song as it was a very personal connect of Raja with the poetry.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan View Post
    "915 padangalle appalamum oorugaiyum thaan koduththen...ippo thaan konjam saapaadu koduthirukken..GM padathula" - IR

Haven't seen him be excessively eager to promote his new works (thiruvAsagaththukku sollalAm, adhu vERa department), so this sort of remark comes as a surprise!

P.S.: He has also clarified about "pArvathi parameshvarau," starts around 05:10.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

appadiyaa, ilayaraja!

inga post panni erundha unga puthiran kuralil erukkara pattu sample panninen nethikku!

onnum innum oru spoon vangi sapada invite pannalai...

vera item yellathaiyum kondu vanga neengalum GVMnum,

sample pannittu, nanga mudivu pannikkaram,

inimey unga veettu dinnerkku varum podhu, sapttuttu, chumma perukku thottuttu vandha porumannu!

IT DOESN'T FANCY MY TASTE!

though your invitation counts.. THANKS FOR THE THOUGHTS!
    Last edited by baroque; 2nd June 2012 at 11:38 PM.