View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 127 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never been a 'sound' person in the sense that I listen to music in every type of system and every type of headphone. I generally get the musical intent even when the 'sound' is bad. But for this album, even I would say that it is better that you hear it in high quality system and good headphones. As we were driving towards Chennai a friend handed his iphone in which he had the tunes. The whole thing was stunning but the lack of good sound separation was very apparent. The background was sounding 'noisy'. Now I hearing from CD with good headphones and the orchestration is mind boggling.

One more album, like Guru, which will not be heard often by me. For I will require all the concentration to be on the song only. No question of song playing in the background. Whenever I listen, nothing should disturb. I have only a few albums like that. This will definitely go into that list.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard saindhu saindhu in telugu and I feel so relieved!!! The song automatically catapults into "Good" bracket once Shaan takes over!

Mudhal murai is a fantastic song! I couldnt instantly grasp it, but 2-3 listenings on... it totally took me. That interlude on electric violin is such a throwback!

While most songs do take their own positions - I confer "evergreen" status to Kaatre Konjum. (who the hell am i to confer, Raaja did those honours)

Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh,

Hear the songs in Bose earphones! Epic! As I am consolidating the thoughts on this album, I feel this is one album where Raaja must be extremely satisfied with the output sound. I am sure he must be craving to go to London again (dei producers! are you listening?). The way the string orchestra keeps the momentum in kaatre konjum - outstanding!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Never been a 'sound' person in the sense that I listen to music in every type of system and every type of headphone. I generally get the musical intent even when the 'sound' is bad. But for this album, even I would say that it is better that you hear it in high quality system and good headphones. ...
    Second that..
    Listeners - please listen to high-quality versions on good systems or headphones.. This album is a call out to the youth - to listen to the orchestra. And listening to the orchestra is a different ball game. Unlike the monophonic indian music it will take a while to "take" all the notes in ..
    I have to listen more and share my opinions later..

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kiru, Spotify premium is really good. Have been on it for a year now. I was so surprised to find NEPV on it on the first day itself.

Gokul.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first two songs that made an impact on me immediately were 'mudhal murai' and 'satru munbu'. One for its passion, the other for the orchestration. I heard that 'satru munbu' will be the climax song. In the interview with Raja on Jaya TV, Gautam was saying that after hearing the richness of the song, he had to get the required seriousness for the climax. For what he had in mind seemed trivial after he heard the song!!! That is the power of Raja's music.

Post Thanks / Like
    kiru,

app, Nerd and writeface have given their views. Waiting for yours now.

Post Thanks / Like
    one point before I forget:

We all know or rather atleast some of us here believe that Raaja has grown or evolved from his 80s. his 90s were different and post 2000 to 2006/07 was different and till recently, the jazz oriented style has been different. But a lot of his fans dwell/praise his 80s. His interviews were also centered around his 80s songs mostly. Celebs too talk about his 80s songs only. and everyone (including those who love his new work too) sometime or the other wanted Raaja to go back to his 80s form atleast once or twice. But Raaja has been & is adamant about moving ahead and he did not want to bend back.

I think NEPV is the album in which he did go back slightly.. i think this is the maximum he is willing to bend back into 80s. There are traces of his 80s style in melody constructions but embellishments style is new raaja. And that too, he did it in contemporary fashion. I think milliblog Karthik summed up this thought of mine best - Neethaane En Ponvasandham is finally that soundtrack which overlaps Raja’s mind-bogglingly proficient earlier form over the best of his current form and resides in an enviable twilight zone. I absolutely agree with this.

Lets see if he bends back into 80s a bit more in... Gundello Godari

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    kiru,

app, Nerd and writeface have given their views. Waiting for yours now.
    Wait for mine too What I wrote is just short-hand notes while I was scratching the surface. Actual review in about 2 days after the album sinks in more.

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend Dilip posted a capture from his high quality system of 'Saindhu Saindhu'. How I wish I had a system like this. Though we are hearing the capture through the handycam, you can still 'feel' the richness in sound. Amazing, amazing stuff.

Here is the link: !