View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 126 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is Sony Music releasing the entire album and not just samples on Youtube as audio? Have they done this for other movies?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

V.Good effort by Raaja - mixed bag for me

This is not a review because I need more time to let this album sink in. Just initial observations after I heard the album few times. Thoughts below are as applicable to me:

1. Kaatre Konjum: The best composition of the album. Vintage raaja melody. Awesome orchestration. 1st interlude is a beautiful jazz piece. charanams have lot of juice. This is a classic.
    2. ennodu Vaa: Brilliant again. Wonderful rendition by Karthik. Superb orchestration. Though I like the idea of going synth in 2nd half, it would have been much better if the synth sounds were more intricate/elaborate. Raaja has done lot of goose-bumpy synth work in the past and comparatively, the synth here is perfunctory. Nevertheless, the song is extremely hummable and melodious.
    3. Vaanam: Beautiful melody! But i wish someone else sang this instead of Raaja. Nice orchestration. This song required some other warm voice than Raaja's.
    4. Mudhal Murai: Unusual melody from Raaja's school of thought perspective. I felt tune does not have raaja stamp (not a complaint - happy that Raaja has given something different) but orchestration is Raaja's show again.
    5. Satrru Munbu: Again, Raaja gets out of his comfort zone, tune-wise... but then the scale shifts indicate Raaja anyway. Orchestration raaja stamp again. This song is a proof that Raaja can still conjure contemporary melodies, leaving his individual mark on them.
    6. Saindhu Saindhu: Good melody, but royally screwed by Yuvan's singing. I sense lot of apasruthi firstly (experts confirm plz). Also, why is yuvan trying to imitate a.r.rahman style of singing? But lovely charanams. Heard it only twice. Been fastforwarding the song the moment yuvan sings "adadaaa".
    7. Pudikele Maamu: Spectacular prelude. Disappointing composition. Outstanding 1st interlude (is Raaja really 70?). Then the song goes downhill.
    8. Pengal Yendral: Yuvan spoils the show again. But frankly, this time i was not impressed with the composition itself, other than edgy instrumentation.

Overall, there is a feeling of "orchestra dominating the vocals" because of heavy orchestral component in the songs. But thats ok. Although lot of people are comparing this album to some evergreen albums like Mouna Raagam, Agni Nakshatram, I beg to differ with them. This album works on many levels and fails to work in case of few songs. Compare it with Dhoni - all songs were just brilliant. That said, I wont say that NEPV is better than Dhoni or Vice-versa. Some of the songs are just too good. Raaja displays his command on the grammar very well, in songs like Kaatre Konjum. He tried to get out of his comfort zone and try new kind of tunes - which is good. Just that if those few flaws weren't there, this album would have become a masterpiece.

But then, whatever happened to that remix of "Neethane En Ponvasantham" that we all anticipated
    Last edited by aakarsh; 2nd September 2012 at 07:33 PM.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatta album!!!!!....Funtastic,,,on first hearing!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumarc View Post
    Did anyone download NEPV from iTunes or Amazon.com in the US? Wanted to know about the quality of the mp3s.
    iTunes 256kbps 44.1KHz. Not bad at all.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    iTunes 256kbps 44.1KHz. Not bad at all.
    Thanks Nerd got it from iTunes eventually.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raajarasigan View Post
    6. vAnam mella - ippothaikku avlava pudikkala.. have to listen more..
    You will apologize for this, very soon

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost a perfect album considering Kaatrai konjam, mudhal murai, satru munbe and the awesome vaanam mella & ennodu vaa.
    I wish he had avoided both songs sung by Yuvan. Particularly I don't care for Saaindu Saaindu. Puts me to sleep right away. This kind of so-called melodies (with no edge or bite, sounding thin and fake) are so boring. Very unlikely IR tune.
    Last edited by writeface; 2nd September 2012 at 11:50 PM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raajarasigan View Post

3. Kaatrai konjam - again superb.. charanam'la than konjam naduvula adikadi vara oboe sound sync aagala..

Right.. same opinion here. Signed up for Spotify premium (better than free version in sound quality)..
    Heavy use of orchestra in all or most songs.. (probably the most path-breaking album in popular indian (yes) film music history..
    As mentioned here, tunes are not typical IR's. Some experimental..and bending and melding of various genres..
    So I will not venture a opinion yet.. except vaanam mella seems to be the highest on melodic quotient to me..

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    This is not a review because I need more time to let this album sink in. Just initial observations after I heard the album few times. Thoughts below are as applicable to me:

1. Kaatre Konjum: The best composition of the album. Vintage raaja melody. Awesome orchestration. 1st interlude is a beautiful jazz piece. charanams have lot of juice. This is a classic.
    2. ennodu Vaa: Brilliant again. Wonderful rendition by Karthik. Superb orchestration. Though I like the idea of going synth in 2nd half, it would have been much better if the synth sounds were more intricate/elaborate. Raaja has done lot of goose-bumpy synth work in the past and comparatively, the synth here is perfunctory. Nevertheless, the song is extremely hummable and melodious.
    3. Vaanam: Beautiful melody! But i wish someone else sang this instead of Raaja. Nice orchestration. This song required some other warm voice than Raaja's.
    4. Mudhal Murai: Unusual melody from Raaja's school of thought perspective. I felt tune does not have raaja stamp (not a complaint - happy that Raaja has given something different) but orchestration is Raaja's show again.
    5. Satrru Munbu: Again, Raaja gets out of his comfort zone, tune-wise... but then the scale shifts indicate Raaja anyway. Orchestration raaja stamp again. This song is a proof that Raaja can still conjure contemporary melodies, leaving his individual mark on them.
    6. Saindhu Saindhu: Good melody, but royally screwed by Yuvan's singing. I sense lot of apasruthi firstly (experts confirm plz). Also, why is yuvan trying to imitate a.r.rahman style of singing? But lovely charanams. Heard it only twice. Been fastforwarding the song the moment yuvan sings "adadaaa".
    7. Pudikele Maamu: Spectacular prelude. Disappointing composition. Outstanding 1st interlude (is Raaja really 70?). Then the song goes downhill.
    8. Pengal Yendral: Yuvan spoils the show again. But frankly, this time i was not impressed with the composition itself, other than edgy instrumentation.

Overall, there is a feeling of "orchestra dominating the vocals" because of heavy orchestral component in the songs. But thats ok. Although lot of people are comparing this album to some evergreen albums like Mouna Raagam, Agni Nakshatram, I beg to differ with them. This album works on many levels and fails to work in case of few songs. Compare it with Dhoni - all songs were just brilliant. That said, I wont say that NEPV is better than Dhoni or Vice-versa. Some of the songs are just too good. Raaja displays his command on the grammar very well, in songs like Kaatre Konjum. He tried to get out of his comfort zone and try new kind of tunes - which is good. Just that if those few flaws weren't there, this album would have become a masterpiece.

But then, whatever happened to that remix of "Neethane En Ponvasantham" that we all anticipated

Ayyaaaaaa!
    Thayavu panni dont post premature reviews. I am not offending anybody here!
    This album is going to live forever!

I am seeing a great calm amidst so many instruments, which is the uniqueness about his music......
    I-aRmony!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess as Bala (K) remarked recently, everyone knows what I will say

Anyway, stuck with 'mudhal murai'. Can't get beyond it. One post coming up for this song alone tomorrow.

Glad that almost all the Raja veterans here are enjoying the album. So we can now claim our heart is still 'youthu' :lo: But definitely the man who composed this album is still a youthu ya.