View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 247 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh,

While it was clear he did it for Bhava several times, it may be what you thought(may be GVM decision). While I am great fan of IR music, I have reservations on his decisions to sing good songs(for ex in TIS professional singer would have done real good justice).

Regarding Sadana Sargam and Udit, they don't miss shruthi like yuvan. He is suitable for very few songs where he is bearable, but not all songs.

Again, it is not throwing stone on our maestro, but "oru aadangam thailavar ippadi pannitaare". This was golden opportunity with all great hype and money spent on quality recording and musicians.

Atleast if the same song is sung by professional singer also in another track and is available for listening, it will be consoling. If we are left with no choice than yuvan voice...

Jaiganes,

"Oru naalil " song by Yuvan was masterpiece tune butchered by him all over. For comparison, it is sung by SP Charan in telugu. I am seeing heaven to earth difference.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prasad,

As I said earlier, people seem to have different criteria. If it is sruthi for you, it could be the murder of language for others. (For example, in Kannada, Udit Narayan sings , 'nA jothege' clearly as ' nachO dekhe', turning Kannada into Hindi. He does that in sruthi suddham way but it is still not pleasant to the ears.)

My feeling is that Yuvan is singing because there is so much hype, so much money involved!!! Because Yuvan has a constituency of his own and GVM may probably want to capture that vote bank As KV said, lot of us out of touch with the current reality where people don't worry about voice quality but would love some 'cool' songs from different voices. We have two ways to react, Accept the reality (which Raja seems to have done) or take a stand like Bala(K) did that Yuvan singing such a song in Raja's music is a great crime. We will know how the song is received once the whole song is released and also on how the song is used in the picture. My honest feeling is that most of Raja fans are over reacting. I don't listen to much of Yuvan's music nor am I a fan of his singing but I thought the outrage here and on twitter was disproportionate to how the song was. Maybe my ears adjust to bad singing better

On the topic of another professional singer making TIS a better album, we have discussed it multiple time. Pardon me when I say this but people like Jai and I think such a statement is a joke. We are 100% sure, no one else, just no one else, could have sung TIS better.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad_subbu View Post
    Suresh,

While it was clear he did it for Bhava several times, it may be what you thought(may be GVM decision). While I am great fan of IR music, I have reservations on his decisions to sing good songs(for ex in TIS professional singer would have done real good justice).

Regarding Sadana Sargam and Udit, they don't miss shruthi like yuvan. He is suitable for very few songs where he is bearable, but not all songs.

Again, it is not throwing stone on our maestro, but "oru aadangam thailavar ippadi pannitaare". This was golden opportunity with all great hype and money spent on quality recording and musicians.

Atleast if the same song is sung by professional singer also in another track and is available for listening, it will be consoling. If we are left with no choice than yuvan voice...

Jaiganes,

"Oru naalil " song by Yuvan was masterpiece tune butchered by him all over. For comparison, it is sung by SP Charan in telugu. I am seeing heaven to earth difference.
    the feel yuvakumarudu gives to the heart of pudhuppettai song (oru naalil) - i dont think it could be provided by SP charan gaaru. shruthi, swaram, layam - i agree - but singing is beyond just shruthi and layam - offkey singing suits offkey situations and characters and his version of Oru naaLil is what i would take given the movie that PP is...
    mathabadi - it is left to the individual viewer as to what he or she prefers in a cine song..
    Net and net - I am no big fan of yuvakumarudu's crooning - but for some situations - it is sooo PERFECT. I just hope that this half a song what we have been exposed to has similar justification behind the voice casting - otherwise Raja all these days has never felt the need to use his second son.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Telugu hero tweets audio will be out month end. Endha month? Adha sollaliyE.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Prasad,

As I said earlier, people seem to have different criteria. If it is sruthi for you, it could be the murder of language for others. (For example, in Kannada, Udit Narayan sings , 'nA jothege' clearly as ' nachO dekhe', turning Kannada into Hindi. He does that in sruthi suddham way but it is still not pleasant to the ears.)

My feeling is that Yuvan is singing because there is so much hype, so much money involved!!! Because Yuvan has a constituency of his own and GVM may probably want to capture that vote bank As KV said, lot of us out of touch with the current reality where people don't worry about voice quality but would love some 'cool' songs from different voices. We have two ways to react, Accept the reality (which Raja seems to have done) or take a stand like Bala(K) did that Yuvan singing such a song in Raja's music is a great crime. We will know how the song is received once the whole song is released and also on how the song is used in the picture. My honest feeling is that most of Raja fans are over reacting. I don't listen to much of Yuvan's music nor am I a fan of his singing but I thought the outrage here and on twitter was disproportionate to how the song was. Maybe my ears adjust to bad singing better

On the topic of another professional singer making TIS a better album, we have discussed it multiple time. Pardon me when I say this but people like Jai and I think such a statement is a joke. We are 100% sure, no one else, just no one else, could have sung TIS better.
    maanicca vaasagar's perumaan will become angrynga if someone other than Raasaa goes near the mic to sing "pollaa vinayaen".. thappu thappu.. thaadaila poattukunga..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    People arguing in favor of Yuvan's voice in that song being good - probably song might be a hit as nowadays public seems to prefer songs like 'venam machan - oru kal oru kannadi'. However, hearing the few second sample, it is kind of disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Propah kuththu songla I concede to Yuvakumarudu(hattip: jai). Andha vengala kiNNaththai thambikku koduthukkunga maththabadi 4 adi pAnjAlum aNNan dhaan vaarisu.
    Let's not digress further. idhu vERa vivAdham. But my perspective here is, neither of the two is a proper heir. [Even with kuththu songs, I'd go only so far as saying Yuvan's compositions come closest in terms of mood and soundscape among contemporary composers, but not of the order of Raaja as such. And I think someone like Vidyasagar can also acquit himself rather well on a good day in this area, just not so well as Yuvan, so it's not like Yuvan is a lonely crusader i.e. எந்த மேட்டர்லயும் யுவன் "தான்" 'ன்ற அளவுல நான் எதுவும் சொல்லலை.]

Post Thanks / Like
    I go with Suresh and Jai. Singer selection most probably by GVM and song may be a bit song. Personally I fell this song should be a long one and Ilaiyaraja should justice in other parts of song if you feel the teaser is a let down. BTW going by the opinion on the singer yuvan, I could feel how Ilaiyaraja, the singer, would have faced criticism like this during his initial days of singing . Ofcourse IR is way better singer than IR but I am sure both faced same kind of criticism may be with different quantity.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yuvan sounds horrible in low notes like this. Even in that latest payyaa hit song, it was a high pitch kaththal (en kaadhal solla nEramillai). I can tolerate him that way. But this song, oru 10+ times kEttu paarungabaa, not that you ll love him, but you ll get used to him. He sounds good in the anupallavi.

On the melody, adadaaaa.. vERu enna pEsa.. and hey hey hey (last few secs) => GOLD.

The 10 sec clip on Jaya, vERa songaa, illai idhu dhaanaa?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    He sounds good in the anupallavi.

On the melody, adadaaaa.. vERu enna pEsa.. and hey hey hey (last few secs) => GOLD.

The 10 sec clip on Jaya, vERa songaa, illai idhu dhaanaa?
    "அடடா-ஆஆஆஆஆஆ வேறு என்ன பேச!" எனக்கு குறிப்பா அந்த இடம்தான் இருப்பதிலேயே நிறைய சொதப்பின இடமாக தெரிகிறது. மற்ற இடங்கள் இதை ஒப்பிடும்போது பருவா இல!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...