Page 74 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever View Post
    Obviously if someone grew up listening to songs like "Kamban emaandhaan" it would be hard to transition to "ennodu nee irundhaal" type songs. Kamban emaandhan is a masterpiece from the genius MSV. Ennodu nee irundhaal, IMO, is also a masterpiece from ARR
    ஒப்பீடு செய்யலாம்..அதுக்கு இப்படியா?
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever View Post
    A cynic could easily remark that Viswaroopam was kuppai with lot of violence. Especially Kamal's voice which arguably did not jell with the terrorist character.
    Forget about the movie. In songs category, Vishwaroopam was a master piece from SEL. விஸ்வரூபம், துப்பாக்கி எங்கள் தோளிலே, உன்னை காணாது நான், அனுவிதைத்த பூமியிலே - நான்குமே என்றுமே கேட்கக் கூடிய பாடல்கள். எனது ஃபேவரைட் "துப்பாக்கி எங்கள் தோளிலே"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    When I heard NEPV & Megha, I did not consider them better than IR's earlier works. I did post my negative comments in a much harsher tone, saying IR must retire. None of the IR fans shot back at me saying I don't have a rasanai or I belong to a goshti. .
    உங்களோட மேன்மையான/தீர்க்கமான விமர்சனத்தைக் கண்டு ராஜாவே ஒய்வு எடுக்க யோசித்துவருகிறாராம். பாராட்டுக்கள்!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    ஒப்பீடு செய்யலாம்..அதுக்கு இப்படியா?
    I understand where you come from, especially as I am someone who used to swear by MSV in the seventies (brother and I used to fight over was better, MSV or IR, in fact still do). Kamban emandhaan, Ilakkanam maarudho days coincide with my MSV-music-mad-times. Still, ennodu nee irundhal is really good, IMO. BTW, have you listened to that awesome number in Ramanujan (the one sung by Vani Jayaram and some kid)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    If unbiased, you could appreciate music regardless of who the music director is or the era. A lot of times, I've liked a musical piece and then seek out to find the people involved in making it. Cult following as those for IR or ARR happens when a MD continuously smashes the charts. Effectively both and others less popular as well have given awesome music.
    Good post!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Forget about the movie. In songs category, Vishwaroopam was a master piece from SEL. விஸ்வரூபம், துப்பாக்கி எங்கள் தோளிலே, உன்னை காணாது நான், அனுவிதைத்த பூமியிலே - நான்குமே என்றுமே கேட்கக் கூடிய பாடல்கள். எனது ஃபேவரைட் "துப்பாக்கி எங்கள் தோளிலே"
    Maybe, but Kadal and I are better, IMO. SEL are OK, but ARR is a different class, IMO. A pioneer.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Nice writeup as always,Cedy. Glad that you are enjoying I.

Meanwhile, ARR's previous tamil release was Kaaviyathalaivan. Do give a try. Its not for the masses. But its great in its own way.
    Thanks Ajay

Will listen to Kaaviya Thalaivan for sure
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, fights apart.......... why didnt ARR sing in I and Kaaviya thalaivan, he had been regularly singing one song in each of his movies for many years now......... especially now he himself has told that he starts to like his voice......then why is he not singing?
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    to someone (i dont remember who) who said that i recommended only hindi albums and not tamil..........thatz because i wanted to ask him to hear a underrated album (that is an album that did not get success that it deserved when it was released)........ i couldnt recollect such kind of sound tracks in tamil.......... Parasuram was one...but thatz a kuppai album i believe (and also i would like to believe it was composed by some one and ARR gave the consent to use his name as MD ) ........ so athai eppadi solrathu........
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ennodu Nee Irunthaal was reportedly sung by ARR, who then asked Sid Sriram to take over.

And in Kaaviyathalaivan, Haricharan did a Rockstar Mohit Chauhan, singing almost all the songs. So ARR wouldn't have wanted to sing just for the sake of it.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw