Page 53 of 194 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venkkiram,

While listening to Ennodu Nee Irundhal, did it cross you to refer to Elton John's piano Solos. I recomend his 'The Lion King' (Broadway) Musical (Esp. Can you feel the love tonight) [or a "Candle in the Wind"]. Also, if you are interested to take a walk around the Opera world (yes the one where trees sing too), I recoment 1986 Phanthom of Opera Musical. Two song should interest us wrt Ennodu Nee Irundhal - "The Point of No Return" and "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again".

What ARR has brought is an altogether new form of taste to TFI audience. Anyone not quite used to Ballroom or Operas, for that Broadway theatre musicals will find it quite difficult to understand this song. Please listen to the above mentioned songs, Ennodu Nee Irunthal will make us proud. Like I mentioned earlier, ARR has shined a lot in this song, and sure it will get noticed and mentioned internationally.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. Likes venkkiram liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts on I (in no particular order):

1. In an interview few years ago, Shankar revealed that he wrote the Anniyan script (and Indian and Mudhalvan) script for Rajni. In the original Anniyan script, he wanted Rajni to play the inspector who investigates a series of murders that take place in the city. The inspector later comes to know that the culprit is his split personality. Rajni didn't want to do it as he felt that his fans wouldn't like him playing an mentally unstable role. Then Shankar narrated a hunchback (koonan) story to Rajni - once again Rajni rejected it. Both scripts have now gone to Vikram (Anniyan and I).
    2. Shankar has this fascination for the word "an" in his title (anniyan, mudhalvan, indian, endhiran). He must have opted for I (beauty) only because Azhagan and Perazhagan are already taken. (Azhagi too)
    3. From the trailer and songs it is clear that Vikram plays a north madras guy who aspires to become a body builder and Amy plays a model. If you add the theme "beauty" to the mix, you can pretty much guess the whole story.
    4. If executed properly,a get-up change normally brings the wow effect. When charan raj did a mottai in gentleman, it was wow because it added value to the story line. When Rajni became white / mottai boss, it was the same feeling. Poorly executed examples include the squint eye in avan ivan. It was unnecessary and it did not add any value to the story. Vikram has lost all that weight just for the Pookale song. Shankar confirmed in one interview that the weight loss was not his idea, but Vikram's. Seriously? was all this required for a 4 min song? Completely unnecessary in my opinion.
    5. I am guessing Ladio would be the opening song (like shakalaka baby in mudhalvan). Shankar usually has the song with good beats immediately after the interval (Gopala Gopala etc). Aila Aila fits the formula.
    6. Vaalee is sorely missed. The lyrics (apart from a few) are pretty ordinary. For rhymes like "ladio / kodio", you don't need a full time poet. Santhanam and his lollu sabha gang could have done it.
    7. Shankar's fascination for white skinned heroine continues. Lakshmi Rai, get ready for a call from Shankar soon.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

6. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    My thoughts on I (in no particular order):
    [*] Shankar's fascination for white skinned heroine continues. Lakshmi Rai, get ready for a call from Shankar soon.
    [/list]
    Which successful commercial film had dark skinned heroine? Only tamil audience are obsessed with white skin heroines..dont blame the director..and Aishwariya RAi/illeana/shreya are not white skinned..Example of white skinned TAmanaah/hansika etc
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Which successful commercial film had dark skinned heroine? Only tamil audience are obsessed with white skin heroines..dont blame the director..and Aishwariya RAi/illeana/shreya are not white skinned..Example of white skinned TAmanaah
    Santhadi saakula oru publikutti

Senior Member Regular Hubber Mukzi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i official teaser has been removed by sony music india on thier youtube channel due to copyright violations
    If she is not the one,Being Single is Aweosme!!

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Copy rights issue? What is the newyork times doing?

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Which successful commercial film had dark skinned heroine? Only tamil audience are obsessed with white skin heroines..dont blame the director..and Aishwariya RAi/illeana/shreya are not white skinned..Example of white skinned TAmanaah/hansika etc
    People are not demanding the directors to cast white skin girls. It has never happened. I mean how do the directors know we want to see fair skinned girls? It is just an excuse they use to keep casting fair skinned sexy girls. It is the directors that cast fair skinned girls in movies. Maniratnam started it, casting northies in tamil films and other directors continued the trend.
    Last edited by paranitharan; 19th September 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    [*] Shankar's fascination for white skinned heroine continues. Lakshmi Rai, get ready for a call from Shankar soon.
    [/list]
    He also has a fascination for slim girls. Madhubala (Gentleman), Aishwarya Rai (Jeans/Enthiran), Shriya (Sivaji), Genelia (Boys), Sada (Anniyan), Illeana (Nanban) and Amy.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    Maniratnam started it, casting northies in tamil films and other directors continued the trend.
    Actually MGR started it in (If I am not wrong) Idhayakkani. Rathi was introduced by Bharathiraja in Tamil; Khushbu, Nagma by Rajini ; Dimple by Kamal. Mani came in later.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..