Page 176 of 194 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    [FONT=century gothic]'I' ('Ai') 5-Day Box Office Collections (Opening Weekend): Vikram-Amy Starrer Grosses over 135 crore Worldwide - ibtimes

"The film has recovered ( WW ) close to 50% of its Distributor Cost WW in 5 days weekend and it all depends on how far will it go from now," the website stated.

Now that the Pongal/Sankranti holidays are over, one has to wait and see how the Vikram starrer fares during the weekdays.

The Shankar directorial is a big budget film and its theatricals have been sold for huge prices. It needs to be seen if "I" recovers its costs and emerges a hit.
    There are no big Tamil film releases until 29 January, when Ajith-starrer "Yennai Arindhaal" will be hitting the screens. In Telugu, Kalyan Ram's "Pataas" will be releasing on 23 January, while Akshay Kumar's Hindi film "Baby" will be hitting theatres on the same day.

"I" Tamil version is likely to dominate the screens for at least 10 days, while the Telugu and Hindi versions might face competition from "Pataas" and "Baby" respectively.
    Angae dhan vizhayamae irrukku .. Whatever collections be it, remains to be seen if it emerges a hit let alone a BB. SS's Linga similar - it may have crossed 100C but the movie is a registered flop for the most part. I'm guessing 'I' may atleast come out a hit and not a BB.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    Watchable for Vikram and Amy, but definitely a disappointment.

I didn't have any issues with the way transgenders were shown. I mean, that's how they are right? Especially in fashion industry. Do they expect to be shown as the akka in "Onaiyum.." in all movies or what? When you come across transgenders while walking on the road, you avoid them for some reason right?
    I don't have a problem with Shankar's portrayal of Osma. His character, his characterisation ,whatever . I'm baffled by your statement though because I'd somehow assumed its beneath you to think things are always black and white and people can be shoved into neat little boxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    'I' ('Ai') 5-Day Box Office Collections (Opening Weekend): Vikram-Amy Starrer Grosses over 135 crore Worldwide - ibtimes

"I" Tamil and Telugu versions hit the screens on 14 January, while the Hindi version was released on 16 January. The Tamil version has done fantastic business in Tamil Nadu and Kerala, while the Telugu version has done good business; the Hindi version also has performed decently.

"I" has created box office history in Kerala, where the film is said to have grossed ₹10.75 crore in its opening weekend at the box office. In Tamil Nadu, the film has minted ₹40 crore, while its collections from AP/Nizam areas amount to over ₹31 crore.

The Vikram-starrer has surpassed the $1 million mark in collections at the North American box office. The film has reportedly minted $1.15 million in five days at the US and Canada box offices. "#I #Imovie 5 days NA BO $1.15M.1st million dollar movie of the year," tweeted SIMoviesUSA.

With the inclusion of the film's collections from other Indian markets as well as overseas centres, "I" has minted ₹135.20 crore at box offices worlwide, reported Andhraboxoffice.

"The film has recovered ( WW ) close to 50% of its Distributor Cost WW in 5 days weekend and it all depends on how far will it go from now," the website stated.

Now that the Pongal/Sankranti holidays are over, one has to wait and see how the Vikram starrer fares during the weekdays.

The Shankar directorial is a big budget film and its theatricals have been sold for huge prices. It needs to be seen if "I" recovers its costs and emerges a hit.
    There are no big Tamil film releases until 29 January, when Ajith-starrer "Yennai Arindhaal" will be hitting the screens. In Telugu, Kalyan Ram's "Pataas" will be releasing on 23 January, while Akshay Kumar's Hindi film "Baby" will be hitting theatres on the same day.

"I" Tamil version is likely to dominate the screens for at least 10 days, while the Telugu and Hindi versions might face competition from "Pataas" and "Baby" respectively.

Neraya padam 100C nu poduvaanga. Potta kaasa mudhal la eduthaangala nu kelunga producer kitta.

Hindi la 'Holiday' nu Akshay Kumar oru padam vandhuchaam, 100C nu sonnanga. En Northie friend kitta ketta, naan Holiday ku engayum pogala nu solraan. Ketta appdi oru padama nu kekaraan. Andha pada director(ARM) ennanda na avaroda latest Hindi padamum 100C nu maar thattikaraaru!!

5 days la 135C, 2 days la 77C nu ellam naanga pona varsham Pongal podhe pathutom
    Last edited by Freedom; 22nd January 2015 at 12:01 AM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Neraya padam 100C nu poduvaanga. Potta kaasa mudhal la eduthaangala nu kelunga producer kitta.

Hindi la 'Holiday' nu Akshay Kumar oru padam vandhuchaam, 100C nu sonnanga. En Northie friend kitta ketta, naan Holiday ku engayum pogala nu solraan. Ketta appdi oru padama nu kekaraan. Andha pada director(ARM) ennanda na avaroda latest Hindi padamum 100C nu maar thattikaraaru!!

5 days la 135C, 2 days la 77C nu ellam naanga pona varsham Pongal podhe pathutom
    Freedom

Avoroda Adutha padam peru kooda '100 Koodi'.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

This stupid hindi media started all these non-sense like 100C club..now its spreaded down south as well..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Freedom, So based on your friends opinion, you conclude it didnt reach 100c?hindi films have a proper system to track bo collection unlike here..so watever figures being reported can be considered accurate..

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Avoroda Adutha padam peru kooda '100 Koodi'.
    Nijam peru, "Therukoodi"
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Freedom, So based on your friends opinion, you conclude it didnt reach 100c?hindi films have a proper system to track bo collection unlike here..so watever figures being reported can be considered accurate..
    Come on Mahen. His target was not ARM or Holiday.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now "holiday"..lol...next could be PK

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    neenga ok naa sollunga, pesi mudichidalam. vara vaigasi masathileye nichayadartham vechikalaam
    Good one..
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".