Page 172 of 194 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by radiochandra1977 View Post
    No. Im not a Pawan.Kalyan fan . If anything .... Im a Kamal.fanatic. having said that, being in hyderabad for 11 yeats now, I can easily differentiate the flops from the hits here. I feel quite happy when a.tamil dubbed movie succeeds .
    Chandramukhi, Anniyan, robot, dasavatharam, Indian , etc. Were hits here. Lingaa, VR, I are flops. Anyway ..... if you want to believe otherwise .... u r free to do.so.
    What do you want me to reply to this ?
    first i don't understand how u declare a movie flop when there are "houseful" boards everywhere it is played
    sorry, until i am proven wrong, i'd rather believe all those reports which claim that the movie is doing a marvellous business instead of believing someone who just "knows" ... a simple personal preference
    of course,you are free to believe otherwise too ...
    Last edited by Pras; 20th January 2015 at 04:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay ‏@uktamilbo 3h3 hours ago

#I - Enters 2nd week in the UK at majority of locations. Plenty of shows added. First successful movie of the year!

someone in UK may confirm ?

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://m.thehindu.com/features/cinem...le6491753.ece/ ....Shankar's interview to Hindu...In this interview Shankar clearly mentioned budget is below 100 crore

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post

The whole film, almost from start to finish, made me squirm on my seat...

It wasn't just the scenes with the "Osma" character, I'd say there was plenty of stuff in the film that was really tasteless...

So people who watch Christopher Nolan/Quentin Tarantino/Woody Allen/Federico Fellini films are intellectuals? What about people who watch films like "Billa II"?

I'm not saying people who watch Nolan movie are intelligent. I was just pointing to the fact that this was a linear story and I didn't have any complaints. Poeple here were complaining that they were expecting much more from Shankar and his story.

If you were squirming, no one was forcing you to sit. I kind of find it funny when people become moral police when it comes to Tamil movies. It was clearly certified U/A, so you can expect a few things here and there. There were a few scenes A jokes even in 'Indian' and I didn't have any complaints when I was in 10th Std then.

Summa Comedy pannatheenga. And there was no reason to bring BILLA II here. I like Ajith and I put it up as my AV. Grow up.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Well it is a linear story and I have no qualms with it. Shankar is no Christopher Nolan nor are tamil audiences intelligent enough to understand non-linear presentations. So I'm perfectly fine with the way it was done.
    1. I is NOT a linear narrative.
    2. Speak for yourself, not for all Tamils.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    No idea how accurate is this, but got it off my timeline:

1. The film was budgeted at 185crores
    2. The shooting of the film took approximately 974 days
    3. Amy was paid for 1 crore in this film
    4. Stunt directors who worked in kungfu hustle, kill bill were worked for I stunts
    5. Vikram gained 110kgs for MERSALAITEN song
    6. Vikram removed his teeth for beast role at his own expense of around 1 lakh
    7. Vikram did bodybuilding in 3 months, model in 2.5 months, hunchback back (lean) in 1.5 months
    8. Indra kumar (one of the villain in I) is our late actor sivaji ganesan's son
    9. Kamaraj (one of the villain in I ) is 7 times Mr.India
    10. For vikram , the protein supplements were imported from Europe
    11. Shankar appointed one 24*7 doctor, one physiotherapist, two dieticians and four bodyguards to take care of vikram's health during the film shooting
    12. Vikram was infected by folliculitis (red spots on head) because of makeup for hunchback role
    13. Vikram beast role makeup took nearly around 11 hours a day
    14. Santhanam too reduced his bodyweight and maintained till the film shooting ends
    15. The garden (red seabeach) in the climax was located in Egypt
    16. Vikram had Arnold Schwarzenegger's adult hair style for lingesan character
    17. Vikram goes to bald, so that makeup artists could easily work for hunchback role of him
    18. The media rights for I film was purchased by Jaya tv for 20 crores
    19. The film was released in five languages Tamil, Telugu, English, Hindi, Chinese nearly about 3000 screens worldwide
    20. Seperate crew members were worked in abroad and separate crew members were worked in india ... so that the film story wont be leaked in any manner...
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    No idea how accurate is this, but got it off my timeline:

8. Indra kumar (one of the villain in I) is our late actor sivaji ganesan's son
    Ramkumar right?
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I observed that one of the non-linear take in I did not get sync properly. Cpuld not recall now what are the scenes. But it comes in 2nd half. Have you also felt?
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Budget is not 185 cr...Shankar told it clearly budget is under 100 cr in a Hindu interview which I posted earlier

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Ramkumar right?
    Yes of course. I thought he was referring to the character name?

Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    I observed that one of the non-linear take in I did not get sync properly. Cpuld not recall now what are the scenes. But it comes in 2nd half. Have you also felt?
    No... sorry, there were a few loopholes, but who cares when one is being completely entertained.