2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me : "I" Padathuku ticket evalo na?
    Theatre Kaar : 120 rs ba..
    Me : Aamabalaiku?
    Theatre Kaar : Aambala pombala ellarukum athaan ba
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

4. Likes mappi, joe liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a movie! After seeing some mediocre movies in terms of direction, this movie comes as a breath of fresh air. This is how you make a movie. Easily Shankar's best in recent years. Each scene flows together so beautifully. Always keeping you engaged even if the story is predictable. There are so many reasons to go watch this movie in theater and everything has already been said by others. From Vikram's acting to Shankar's visuals. For me, one of the many reasons is the fight choreography. So amazing. This movie definitely needs to be seen in the big screen!
    Last edited by Mr.GreyShirt; 18th January 2015 at 09:16 AM.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

6. Likes ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post

Okay, partly agree here - it's a kind of talent - so basically Shankar has "marketing" talent, but not "film-making" talent...

Well, he made films like "Karna", "Sengottai", "Ayudha Poojai", "Sadhu", etc., which did reasonably well at the box office...

Vikram was making hits before Anniyan - "Sethu", "Dhool", "Gemini", "Pithamagan", etc. "Bheema" and "Majaa" were not flops...

"Gentleman" - 1993 - was a superhit mainly because of the music/songs - especially "Chikku Bukku Railu" - and the phenomenal dancing by Prabhu Deva in the song video. So credit should go to ARR and PD

"Kaadhalan" - 1994 - again, a hit because of the music/songs, but silly story - so again, film was successful because of the talents of ARR and PD

"Indhiyan" - 1996 - songs, and acting by KH, especially the "Senapathi" character - with the make-up effects, etc.

"Jeans" - 1998 - songs, Aishwarya Rai, locations ("Seven wonders of the world" song concept) - but silly story.

"Mudhalvan" - 1999 - okay, this one was a slightly different story from the usual stuff seen in Kollywood (but still a silly story, really), but maybe this is one film where Shankar can take credit for a "new idea"...

"Boys" - 2003 - Again, a hit film because of the songs...

"Shivaji", "Enthiran" - hit because of RK's "star value"...

So basically almost all of his successful films were successful because of other people's efforts, not because of any film-making talent on Shankar's part...

Then I wonder why so many movies flop even with star value and amazing songs.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar's modus operandi is simple. Take a simple story line. Even if it is predictable, no probs. Ensure that the screenplay is as racy as possible. Put the picture in a grand canvas with the best available talents in the industry. It ensures that there is something for someone who watch the film. Even if the story is an old or uninteresting one, people can sit through the movie for the visual grandeur, foot tapping music, etc. He is indeed the SHOWMAN of indian cinema now.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Member Devoted Hubber maniram_1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usv View Post
    bringing out talent of others is the big talent and shankar has that..he knows majority audience taste and makes movie accordingly..
    In between gentleman and mudhalvan what are the hit movies for arjun? Even the very talented artist like vikram rely on shankar for hits..between anniyan and "i" what are the hits for vikram..all utter flops like bheema,majaa,rajapattai..even for big star like rajni vasu and ksr failed in kuselan and lingaa but see shankar how he worked out in sivaji and enthiran...
    u guys telling vikram is everything he is the same man who act in david rajapattai thandavam
    shankar is the man who knos what can get from whom

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I' Exclusive Tamil movie Premiere Screening in Malaysia

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pras,

The shows are running full here this weekend, in couple of cinema halls. Due to the corrupt file received for Ambala, its shows are replaced with 'I'. And the tickets are sold out in replaced screens too. Got mine for today afternoon. If I am not wrong, 'I' had a wonderfull 4 days run here, eventhough its not a holiday or a long weekend.

Saw Darling yesterday and will be watching 'I' this afternoon.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

12. Likes Pras liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I - A Romantic Musical Journey ! First credit to ARR & Vikram...... Shankarji - Epdi ungalaala mattum ipdiyellam mudiyudhu SERIOUSLY MAN.... I couldn't find single character in the film that was irritating... Even Power was gud ! The movie is long... It has to be long... Forget the bullshit paper reviews ! Seriously why so much criticism for splendid filmmaking... I withheld my plans of seeing this film after reading them... But couldn't resist and made it to the theatre today.... Instead of eagerly waiting to see what Shankar delivers next why not relax at the back and enjoy the ride... Only point of the film where i got little irritated was the flashback portions which where repeatedly done in 1st half.... Caused me some headaches....
    I - Go for It !
    Dream Big !

14. Likes Pras liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Pras,

The shows are running full here this weekend, in couple of cinema halls. Due to the corrupt file received for Ambala, its shows are replaced with 'I'. And the tickets are sold out in replaced screens too. Got mine for today afternoon. If I am not wrong, 'I' had a wonderfull 4 days run here, eventhough its not a holiday or a long weekend.

Saw Darling yesterday and will be watching 'I' this afternoon.
    Yea even in Canada it was almost houseful.
    - Robert H. Goddard

16. Likes Pras liked this post