Page 164 of 194 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post

I like Vikram as an actor, so I definitely wish him well... however I don't like Shankar as a director - he's a truly talentless guy who basically built his own "career" on other people's talents...

Still, I understand Vikram had to work really hard during the production of the film, as it was a very physically demanding role... so I wish him well... Hope his efforts get the appreciation he deserves...

Bringing out talent of others is the big talent and Shankar has that..he knows majority audience taste and makes movie accordingly..
    In between gentleman and mudhalvan what are the hit movies for Arjun? Even the very talented artist like Vikram rely on Shankar for hits..between Anniyan and "I" what are the hits for vikram..all utter flops like bheema,majaa,rajapattai..even for big star like rajni vasu and KSR failed in Kuselan and Lingaa but see Shankar how he worked out in sivaji and enthiran...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Vikram as an actor, so I definitely wish him well... however I don't like Shankar as a director - he's a truly talentless guy who basically built his own "career" on other people's talents...

His first movie was "gentleman". So, the greatest talent he used was "ARJUN"!

You are hilarious!
    This is a very big world!

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    Bringing out talent of others is the big talent and Shankar has that..he knows majority audience taste and makes movie accordingly..
    In between gentleman and mudhalvan what are the hit movies for Arjun? Even the very talented artist like Vikram rely on Shankar for hits..between Anniyan and "I" what are the hits for vikram..all utter flops like bheema,majaa,rajapattai..even for big star like rajni vasu and KSR failed in Kuselan and Lingaa but see Shankar how he worked out in sivaji and enthiran...
    sivaji laam Rajiniku thaan oodichu.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Movie is good in parts but letdown from Shankar stable. At best 40 min should be trimmed. Some songs are worth the trimming (particularly the unwanted beast song.) Only worry is that Vikram should not go Post-Anniyan route again like last time and actually choose his films properly. Don't want a repeat of the post Anniyan success and downfall.
    Last edited by nickraman; 18th January 2015 at 02:47 AM.
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    sivaji laam Rajiniku thaan oodichu.
    Its 50-50..mottai boss is shankars creativity and songs/fights were typical Shankars move..he has done what vasu/KSR cant do as they are outdated..

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched "I"..Its typical shankar movie and enjoyed a lot..i dont know why people are talking about weak story,screenplay,logic,etc and posting negative reviews..
    The movie is simply entertaining,thats all..only scene i hate is osma romancing vikram in china.. the best scene for me is also is between vikram-osma when both deformed characters meet..
    Hats of to Vikram..what a stellar performance..i hope he continue his form by selecting good scripts and not like majaa,rajapattai,bheema..

Shankar sir -eppa neenga cheap sexy dialogues illaama padam edupeenga..otherwise your films are always entertaining

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sridhar pillai is promoting I by talking about its first day collection. It is obvious he has been paid off by aascar for this "promotion"!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched the film... almost total rubbish...

From start to finish, full of nonsense...

Many scenes in the film were highly insensitive, tasteless, crass, and offensive... I was literally cringing with embarrasment almost all the way through...

However, there were a few good points - the songs were beautiful... but this film does not deserve such beautiful songs!!

As an actor, Vikram performs well... clearly this was a difficult role to perform - for some of the scenes he had to have a muscular physique, whereas for other scenes he had to lose weight, and he had to wear some uncomfortable prosthetic make-up for many of the scenes - as I said, Vikram has done a good job as an actor...

Amy Jackson is a beautiful woman... however, in many scenes, she is just tastelessly objectified, which I found very disappointing...

What is really annoying is - Shankar spends "crores" of rupees on casting, music, cinematography, location filming, visual effects, stunts, art design, set decoration, choreography, etc., but he makes no effort to present a decent/meaningful story...

"The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

...Bringing out talent of others is the big talent and Shankar has that..he knows majority audience taste and makes movie accordingly...
    Okay, partly agree here - it's a kind of talent - so basically Shankar has "marketing" talent, but not "film-making" talent...

...In between gentleman and mudhalvan what are the hit movies for Arjun?
    Well, he made films like "Karna", "Sengottai", "Ayudha Poojai", "Sadhu", etc., which did reasonably well at the box office...

...Even the very talented artist like Vikram rely on Shankar for hits..between Anniyan and "I" what are the hits for vikram..all utter flops like bheema,majaa,rajapattai...
    Vikram was making hits before Anniyan - "Sethu", "Dhool", "Gemini", "Pithamagan", etc. "Bheema" and "Majaa" were not flops...

Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    His first movie was "gentleman". So, the greatest talent he used was "ARJUN"!

You are hilarious!

"Gentleman" - 1993 - was a superhit mainly because of the music/songs - especially "Chikku Bukku Railu" - and the phenomenal dancing by Prabhu Deva in the song video. So credit should go to ARR and PD

"Kaadhalan" - 1994 - again, a hit because of the music/songs, but silly story - so again, film was successful because of the talents of ARR and PD

"Indhiyan" - 1996 - songs, and acting by KH, especially the "Senapathi" character - with the make-up effects, etc.

"Jeans" - 1998 - songs, Aishwarya Rai, locations ("Seven wonders of the world" song concept) - but silly story.

"Mudhalvan" - 1999 - okay, this one was a slightly different story from the usual stuff seen in Kollywood (but still a silly story, really), but maybe this is one film where Shankar can take credit for a "new idea"...

"Boys" - 2003 - Again, a hit film because of the songs...

"Shivaji", "Enthiran" - hit because of RK's "star value"...

So basically almost all of his successful films were successful because of other people's efforts, not because of any film-making talent on Shankar's part...

"The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, partly agree here - it's a kind of talent - so basically Shankar has "marketing" talent, but not "film-making" talent...

Well, he made films like "Karna", "Sengottai", "Ayudha Poojai", "Sadhu", etc., which did reasonably well at the box office...

Vikram was making hits before Anniyan - "Sethu", "Dhool", "Gemini", "Pithamagan", etc. "Bheema" and "Majaa" were not flops...

"Gentleman" - 1993 - was a superhit mainly because of the music/songs - especially "Chikku Bukku Railu" - and the phenomenal dancing by Prabhu Deva in the song video. So credit should go to ARR and PD

"Kaadhalan" - 1994 - again, a hit because of the music/songs, but silly story - so again, film was successful because of the talents of ARR and PD

"Indhiyan" - 1996 - songs, and acting by KH, especially the "Senapathi" character - with the make-up effects, etc.

"Jeans" - 1998 - songs, Aishwarya Rai, locations ("Seven wonders of the world" song concept) - but silly story.

"Mudhalvan" - 1999 - okay, this one was a slightly different story from the usual stuff seen in Kollywood (but still a silly story, really), but maybe this is one film where Shankar can take credit for a "new idea"...

"Boys" - 2003 - Again, a hit film because of the songs...

"Shivaji", "Enthiran" - hit because of RK's "star value"...

So basically almost all of his successful films were successful because of other people's efforts, not because of any film-making talent on Shankar's part...

This is the meaning of director from Wiki

"A film director is a person who directs the making of a film. Generally, a film director controls a film's artistic and dramatic aspects, and visualizes the script while guiding the technical crew and actors in the fulfillment of that vision.[1] The director has a key role in choosing the cast members, production design, and the creative aspects of filmmaking"

for all the movie ur giving reasons like "hit becoz of music director,actor,PD,make-up,etc" and compare ur statements with the highlighted part above