Page 159 of 194 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMAX only at TGV right Mahen... So far no tamil movie play malaysian IMAX theater

Yeppo-than viduvukaalam varumo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    France update : all shows house full ... They have decided to add more shows

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before it was taken over by GSC, it was called IMAX and was the only Imax theatre in the country. I've watched a couple of movies when it was an independent cinema.
    Perhaps the Maxx name change is branding.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k_vanan View Post
    IMAX
    I doubt any of our films are shot in IMAX, which really needs an IMAX screening. Bigger the hall, bigger is experience is wrong, unless the footage was a product of the amazing IMAX filming process. Else it looks just bigger hardly without any resoultion. For a variety of reasons, IMAX film production is much more complex than normal film production, add in the cost incurred, we cannot be aiming at it atleast for the next decade. Also, we don't have IMAX theatres, so making our regional movie with IMAX does not hold any benefit. Large budget (say Hollywood movies Mission Impossible or Matrix or Batman) films added footages shot in IMAX to the main play, and some are even processed to be projected using double projectors (like in GrandRex Paris - not IMAX though).

An IMAX image carries immense detailing and its projection is multiple times more than the 35mm or normal 70mm. Its basically incorporating 70mm film which are run through the projector horizontally, so that the width of the film is the height of the frame. This increases the resoution many folds higher. While the aspect ratio of traditional movies is a widescreen is usually 1.85:1 or 2.35:1, IMAX is closer to that of a rectangle at 1.43:1.

The camera are heavy and the projectors are noisy. Given the cost of production - filming, processing & projecting - the ticket price shoots up. But the experience you get is huge. Add in all the techniques of Sourround Sound System, you are taking the experience to your home. So it all depends how much you wish to spend, the necessity and finally the audience acceptance rate.

So, expecting our movies on IMAX, for the moment is still a dream. If one of our movies is projected in IMAX, I pity the audience.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

6. Likes NOV liked this post
    Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    pawan kalyan fans degrading Shankar & tamil films in social networking sites because I going touph competition to pawan movie
    gopala gopala

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pras View Post
    France update : all shows house full ... They have decided to add more shows
    I update you during the weekend. 3 films lined up - Darling, Ambala & I. The 2 former are limited release only, thats why I wish to see them during the weekend, and I during the next week-day. I read that the premiere shows priced 20,20 euros were House Fulll too, and the film held good past couple of days. Week-end is a boon.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Perhaps the Maxx name change is branding.
    I just went through the spec of GSC Maxx [thanks google], its not IMAX. Its just like GrandRex, where the projection is magnified with the latest digital technology.

Post Thanks / Like
    See how the Hindi media (Boxofficeindia) underplays tamil release like "I" But our people PK யை தலையில் தூ க்கி வச்சு ஆடுகிறார்கள்.

***Alone Has Poor Start At Multiplexes
    Friday 16 January 2015 14.00 IST
    Box Office India Trade Network
    Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services 3

Alone opened to poor capacities at multiplexes of around 10% and has little chance at multiplexes and will be depending on business in single screens of mass circuits where the opening was better. The film has a good release at multiplexes with some plexes giving it two screens.

The other two Hindi releases Crazy Kukkad Family and Sharafat Gayi Tel Tene have no chance as the initials are too low and even if they were to pick up they will be hardly going anywhere.

There was also the dubbed film I which will also find it hard to find an audience in Hindi though Mumbai circuit can do better. The film is a Tamil film released on Wednesday down South and set records in many stations of Kerala though in Tamil Nadu was well short of the initial business recorded by Rajnikant starrer Lingaa a few weeks back.***

They label "I" as a dubbed movie and bring down before its release!!!
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    BO update: New releases start on a slow note

It certainly seems like the weeks post the release of PK have been running low with the newer releases not being able to pick up pace at the box office. While last week's Arjun Kapoor - Sonakshi Sinha film TEVAR, proved to be a letdown, this week we see the release of four films ALONE, I, CRAZY CUKKAD FAMILY (CCF) and SHARAFAT GAYI TEL LENE (SGTL). While ALONE caters to the growing horrex (horror-sex) genre, I rests firmly in the action romance zone. The other two, CCF and SGTL cater to the comedy- satire genres. With each film being equally different from the other the audiences have multiple choices depending on their preference.

Though expectations for all four of the new releases have been rather low, reports suggest that ALONE featuring Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover, has opened on a good note as compared to the others. On the other hand I, that is inspired by 'Beauty and the Beast' has opened slightly lower than ALONE, while CCF and SGTL do not feature morning shows.

On the whole, thanks to the growing genre of horrex and a better screen count, ALONE stands a better chance at enticing the audience, while I, despite the action and visuals faces a drawback due to its length which might just deter the audience. CCF and SGTL that will open only later in the day have an uphill task of standing out from the clutter. However all four films will have to rely heavily on good word of mouth to post decent collections.
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hindi version was not expected to collect like Tamil or Telugu versions. I am sure if both these versions do well, Aascar will be happy.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw