Page 150 of 194 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    Unlike RGV said, WW collection for the opening day.. Lingaa collected more than I according to andhraboxoffice! Now he has to eat his words!
    3rd - 4th .. or maybe 5th time u mention that andhra thing ... avanga mela romba nambikkayo ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unlike RGV said, WW collection for the opening day.. Lingaa collected more than I according to andhraboxoffice! Now he has to eat his words!
    was quite surprised not to see I on the gold and premier class screens Endhiran was the first followed by Lingaa..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar was pretty nervous even during pre-release of I for some reason. May be because enthiran was his dream project. He was worried one after the "biggest" creation of his..
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pras View Post
    3rd - 4th .. or maybe 5th time u mention that andhra thing ... avanga mela romba nambikkayo ?
    Nobody else is giving any such data..

Hindi media is putting down any Tamil movie..

Tamil media is becoming "singaravelanish"..

I can only provide what we have available.. You dont have to believe even what RGV said as said..
    This is a very big world!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why we need comparison here and also we all know how media is?
    Konjam kaasu kodutha nalla illaatha padamum nalla irukkunu ezhuthuvaanga..but there is a limit for everything..if the movie is bad they cant write it good..bad to average,average to good,good to excellent that's how they can write it and not beyond that..if they overdo then credibility will be gone..

talking abt lingaa and "I"
    Everyone knows what to expect from rajni and what to expect from Shankar?
    In lingaa rajinisn is missing and KSR fast packed screenplay is missing and most of the media pointed out correctly and gave 3,3.5 ratings which is not bad either..
    For "I" so far most of the reviews says Vikram performance 100% and Shankar brahmaandam is good,visually appealing but weak story,screenplay from Shankar..

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody else is giving any such data..

Hindi media is putting down any Tamil movie..

Tamil media is becoming "singaravelanish"..

I can only provide what we have available.. You dont have to believe even what RGV said as said..
    i am not saying the we have to believe what RGV said .... everyone says what he wants at the end of the day (when nodoby is able to calculate and give a clear picture of BO collection in India)... so does your andhraBO
    >> ur statement that one has to eat his words because another one has given other numbers ... hmm ... first do you agree that I released in more number of screens than linga ? let's start with this ...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the film. The film runs for more than 3 hrs but not many dull moments. The team made it clear that its a romantic thriller and theyve given a more than decent product with few faults.

Vikram has given one of his best performances till date. He looks masculine as Lingesan, charming as Lee and frightening as the hunchback. His body language, voice modulation, accent, everything comes handy.

Amy has given a commendable performance and I am happy that Samantha was replaced. Cant think of her as a model.

Santhanam has a good role in this film. For the first time in his life, he doesnt play the role of a drink partner to the hero but helps the hero with his goal.

Normally ARR will head the brigade in the technical dept of Shankar movies but this time it is PCS who takes the cake. Genius!! Every frame of the portions in China looks like a wallpaper.

ARR's tunes are lifted to another level by PC Sriram and Shankar. Bgm is apt for the movie. Nothing extraordinary like Sivaji or Endhiran but served the purpose.

On the downside, too many villains and a predictable story line was a letdown. Ennodu Nee irunthal's placement also put a brake on the narration. Also the lengthy fights are quite tiresome to watch.

Shankar is not known for love and comedy portions in his films and that is exactly why I was skeptical about this film and the reviews of twitteratis and few hubbers only doubled my fear. But I was satisfied with the love and comedy portions of the film. On the whole, its a neat entertainer.
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 15th January 2015 at 08:27 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

9. Likes Pras liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thamiz, i just opened a browser on that andhraBO .... they r saying I collected 7.5C on day 1 in AP and Lingaa 3.9C

oru paanai sOthukku oru sOru patham-nu solluvaanga ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    I liked the film. The film runs for more than 3 hrs but not many dull moments. The team made it clear that its a romantic thriller and theyve given a more than decent product with few faults.

This was my actual problem. It was never thrilling for me. Was never anxiously anticipating what was going to happen next. All the guesses that we make translates on screen immediately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    This was my actual problem. It was never thrilling for me. Was never anxiously anticipating what was going to happen next. All the guesses that we make translates on screen immediately.
    Nowadays in all the movies they are adding the tag thriller..if there is a revenge/fight then they mark it as thriller which is misleading..