Page 157 of 194 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nalaikku midnit show paakalaam innu iruken savagasama..review patha,ethukkum konjam adikiye vaasipom..

padam hit-ta?,average-ja? illa athukkum mela-ya?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    nalaikku midnit show paakalaam innu iruken savagasama..review patha,ethukkum konjam adikiye vaasipom..

padam hit-ta?,average-ja? illa athukkum mela-ya?
    I is not a movie one can review ...
    watch, enjoy and give a standing ovation at the end

4. Likes NOV liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ithu veraiyya!!standing pannale ovation-thane...panniduvom...yaarukkum illana kuda en thalavarukavathu..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, I have never been to India, so i don't really know the "effect" of watching a movie there ...
    but here (swiss), the only time i saw a standing ovation in theatre was for Endhiran ... Shanker effect ?

I am going for the saturday evening show ... paakkalaam antha Shanker effect marupadiyum work aaguthaa-nu

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cm123 View Post
    ithu veraiyya!!standing pannale ovation-thane...panniduvom...yaarukkum illana kuda en thalavarukavathu..
    This movie have a lengthy end credit scroll with the movie continues to run in 3/4th screen...No one moved off the screen unless end credit ended....

8. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brawls, Biceps and Morphing Cellphones- http://www.nytimes.com

‘I,’ a Tamil Film by Shankar, Starring Vikram

I
    Opened on Wednesday
    Directed by Shankar
    In Tamil, with English subtitles
    3 hours 8 minutes; not rated
    An exercise in maximalism in everything except its title, a Tamil film directed by Shankar, concerns the boom-and-bust fortunes of a bodybuilder turned model. An early sequence in which our hero, Lingesan (Vikram), in a little bikini bottom, wins the title of Mr. Tamil Nadu gives a sense of the movie’s style: fast, noisy, visually crowded, unafraid of vulgarity or repetition. In a you-ain’t-seen-nothing-yet moment — one of many — a brawl breaks out among this sea of oiled, muscled men and goes on so long that you forget the context.

Shankar tells his story in the broadest strokes and likes to plunge audiences into scenes that won’t be fully explained until hours later. (The movie is a whopping, sometimes numbing 3 hours 8 minutes.) But rest assured, very full explanations are coming — why connect the dots once when you can connect them five times?

Lingesan becomes Lee, the No. 1 male model, and gets to work with the woman he has long dreamed of, Diya (Amy Jackson). (He’s so besotted that he buys every product she advertises, including sanitary napkins.) Could she fall for a bumpkin like Lee? Reader, she does, amid fields of psychedelic flowers.

Shankar has fun with the look of glossy ads and includes some (a Nokia phone and then a fish metamorphose into dancing women!). But that’s just one mode in this film, which bounces from romance to knockabout adventure to fairy-tale grotesque. A vengeance-wreaking hunchback (Vikram again), with horrible facial deformations, holds a woman hostage at his castle (complete with MacBook). Further deformations are violently visited upon a passel of villains — by fire, by bee sting, by injection. Death, we’re told, is not enough. Love, we’re told, is.

Dialogue is so beside the point here that with the addition of a few title cards, “I” could easily be a silent movie — though a noisy one, with a boom-boom score by A.R. Rahman that signals at each turn how the audience should feel, and with flurries of drums, speeds the film along. “I” is exuberant and unselfconscious but too cartoonish to engage your emotions. The onslaught of images and music will engage your senses, though, even as you’re left giggling at the too-muchness of it all. RACHEL SALTZ

10. Likes RR liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @bharath1: Thirunangaigal hve alleged that they are portrayed in a bad light in Shankar's #I. They hve announced protests against the film.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    I had shown Thirunangai as a person who earn Rs.50,000 per day as a beautician...rest as story required..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    I had shown Thirunangai as a person who earn Rs.50,000 per day as a beautician
    And it is actually true.. http://www.ojasrajani.com

Ojas, who acted in the role of Ozma, is the makeup artist and hair stylist of many Bollywood actresses including Sridevi,Aishwarya Rai
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 16th January 2015 at 02:43 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    then...We need to appreciate her for accepting this role...
    Last edited by balaajee; 16th January 2015 at 02:48 PM.