Page 174 of 194 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    who acted as Amy's mother ? Is she some old Hindi actress ? she looked familiar , couldn't recall the name ?
    neenga ok naa sollunga, pesi mudichidalam. vara vaigasi masathileye nichayadartham vechikalaam
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    neenga ok naa sollunga, pesi mudichidalam. vara vaigasi masathileye nichayadartham vechikalaam
    illaa thaatha , Amy has just proposed to me now ! neenga venumn na yaaravathu 70's heroine ah try pannunga, vayasanalum unaglukku intha jollu theerala
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ரூ.100 கோடியைத் தாண்டியது 'ஐ' வசூல்- Tamil HINDU

ஷங்கர் இயக்கத்தில் விக்ரம் நடிப்பில் வெளியாகி இருக்கும் 'ஐ' திரைப்படம், ரூ.100 கோடி வசூலைத் தாண்டியிருக்கிறது. ஆஸ்கர் நிறுவனம் தயாரிப்பில் விக்ரம், எமி ஜாக்சன் நடிப்பில் ஜனவரி 14-ம் தேதி வெளியானது 'ஐ'. ஷங்கர் இயக்கியிருந்த இப்படத்திற்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்திருந்தார். பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் ஒளிப்பதிவு செய்திருந்தார். பொங்கல் விடுமுறைகளைக் கணக்கில் கொண்டு அதிகமான திரையரங்குகளில் வெளியானது.
    இப்படத்திற்கு தமிழகத்தில் கலவையான விமர்சனங்களைப் பெற்றாலும் மலையாளம், இந்தி உள்ளிட்ட மொழிகளில் வரவேற்பைப் பெற்றது.
    "தமிழகத்தை தவிர மற்ற மாநிலங்களில் 'ஐ' படத்திற்கு நல்ல வரவேற்பு கிடைத்திருக்கிறது. கேரளாவில் தமிழ் படத்திற்கு கிடைத்த அதிக வசூல் என்ற சாதனையை படைத்தது. உலகளவில் சுமார் ரூ.100 கோடி வசூலை 'ஐ' தாண்டிவிட்டது" என்று வர்த்தக ஆய்வாளர் த்ரிநாத் தெரிவித்தார்.
    மேலும், ஆந்திராவிலும் 'ஐ' டப்பிங்கிற்கும் நல்ல வரவேற்பு கிடைத்தது. "வெளியான முதல் நாளில் ரூ.9 கோடி அளவில் வசூல் செய்தது. இந்தி 'ஐ' டப்பிங் பதிப்பு ரூ.6 கோடி அளவில் வசூல் செய்திருக்கிறது" என்று த்ரிநாத் தெரிவித்தார்.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linear / Non-Linear Narrative

I will make it very very simple :

A narrative style where there is a flashback episode that jumps from the main plot and then crawls itself back out, is non-linear.

A Linear narrative is exactly opposite, where its like chaining alphabets making it into a set of 26 letters starting from A to Z chronologically.

Now there is one thing that should not be confused with - Memory Bit. A memory bit is not a flashback. It can be in dialogues or a sound or a symbol.

Keywords :
    Non-Linear : Flashback / Flashforward
    Linear : Chronology / Memory Bits

Ofcoarse there is more to it, much complex in handling and treatement. Its basically how you choose to tell your story - what treatement it can be given in order to make the narrative much more compelling. Its applicable in both scenarios :

1/ I have a lot to tell, how cripsly I am going to do it ?
    2/ I have very less to tell - how interestingly I can deliver ?

So choosing the style not only depends on the story, but how you want to present it.

To illustrate it with exemples :

Thalapathi is a Linear Narrative. It starts during a birth, moves to adulthood of the child, forms the needed relationships, and brings a consequential end. So the plot is handled straight where the sub-plot is treated with characters. For ex : Rajini staying with Mamooty or Mamooty surrending has the motives centering Arvind Sami. Similarly, if you sketch a character tree keeping any character as the start, the story narrates itself accomadating the other characters. Thats the beauty of this film. Plus, the memory bit - the whistle of the Goods Train or the Yellow Shall or the Bogi Festival or the rain or the temple bell or Agal villaku etc., each is a memory bit for one or few dependent characters.

Basha is a Non-Linear Narrative. Remove Basha Bhai, Mannikam does not exist. You cannot create a Basha from Manickam. So the base character plot is driven by the flashback which occupies the entire ACT2. Thats the importance it gives. Then it bring back the reality and ends the movie.

Every movie is an expriment (with limited exceptions) depending on the idea. Our films have a peculiar habit to involve everything in the same pot. So a film maker's preference is limited as it is a must to include everything inside. Still film makers try to be distinct in their work, a right exemple is 'I-film'. In 'I-film', Shankar tries something which is new for him, at the same time presents in a manner that he thinks is convincing. He puts a lot of weightage to the flashback - Who is Koonan?, at the same time keeps the second track up and running - What is Koonan doing. Mixing them both the whole story emerges just like a ducked ball into the water. He had largely suceeded, stumbling hard with his added footage where he explains and re-explains events. I won't blame him as he kept the 'general' audience in mind while presenting his 'iFilm'.
    Last edited by mappi; 20th January 2015 at 07:31 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mappi,

Have you posted your review ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andraboxoffice guy is singing somewhat the "same song" he sang for Lingaa..

///
    Shankar`s `I` also, is down but is tracking a bit better being still in its 1st week, which is pretty ordinary for the High prices. The film still has long way to go and hence the Drops doesn`t bode well for Buyers in AP/Nizam.///
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ABO has started this kind of propaganda now!

////Packing Trailers with all your Best shots, that too from songs is good for Hype but audience obv feel cheated after watching the film #I///

Our media is becoming very political these days!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Transgenders' Agitation Against Director Shankar And Censor Board

சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched i again and blackhat back to back with my chinese girlfriend.. She said i was better😀
    Shankar should trim the film by 30 mins.. All the long fights were boring..