Page 149 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    but not that engaging when compared to Shankar's earlier works like Anniyan, Sivaji and Endhiran...it was engaging in only bits and pieces......
    There was nothing "special" in this film , It became blockbuster only due to SS. If you take SS from this movie, it would be such a mokkai film, but the rest of the films, you have mention I agree with you.

Shankar has lost his touch after "Mudhalvan" , he gives more attention to stunts and visuals than story, but this was not the case in "gentleman", "indian" and "mudhalvan".
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    ஸ்ப்பா .. இதெல்லாம் கொஞ்சம் ஓவரா தெரியல்ல
    ileenga
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

My Review - without any Spoilers

In case you are still wondering the movie is good or bad.. well, if you keep the movies Mudhalvan, Anniyan, Endhiran in mind and are expecting 'adhukkum mela', you are in for disappointment. But let me tell you, the movie is not bad - in the sense that there is no really dull moment. It is a complete entertainer and a visual treat. Of course, there are logic loopholes and some cliches but what do you expect in Tamil movies. Just sit back and enjoy it. Your money will be well spent if you are not expecting another Anniyan or Endhiran.

Now for more details:

First of all, be attentive throughout. This is a long movie with many scenes and dialogues going a bit too fast. The movie starts before the titles and continues during the titles, and even during end credits..!

The movie starts like in Indian with the intro of the mysterious character - Koonan. The difference is, as Shankar already mentioned during audio release, the flashback is interleaved over the current day sequences. Makes it more interesting but I got reminded of Nepali (*ing bharath) which was in a similar non-linear style.

I liked the bodybuilder Ligesan part of the flashback. Vikram's father is 'Azhagu' - clever choice or a coincidence? Santhanam makes a much lesser impact here. Vikram has more scope for comedy. Power star also becomes the scene stealer. Whistles during his intro scene here in Singapore Two songs during this portion: Ladyo - song picturisation is fantastic; Mersalaayitten - much more mersal material in the full version. The morphings are so cleanly done. Amy is of course gorgeous in every scene. The movie starts to drag a bit from the competition scene, with the fights and all. Vikram appears with full makeup upto neck and sweaty body below. First I thought, graphics la face-ai maathitaangalo?!

Next portion of the story starts when Vikram becomes a model and goes with Amy to China. Ojas Rajani (Santhanam calls her Nine-thara) is introduced here and makes up for some laughs - though not very tasteful. The China visuals and 'pookale' song are breathtaking but that's the good part. The romance portions look cliched and even the cycle stunts are a bit boring. Fortunately, the koonan's deeds go in the parallel storyline to keep the interest alive. The lovers have happy moments + a duet, the villains fume and get together, and the revenge drama unfolds. Now the whole movie picks up pace and builds up to the climax. This is the best part of the movie. I won't reveal too much here. See and relish on the big screen.

Vikram - Need I say anything?! Has given life, soul and yes Shankar sir..body to the character. Probably saved this movie.
    Amy Jackson - Nice fit. Super gorgeous! Tried her best to lipsync but some scenes are way off.
    Upen Patel - Has lot of scope. Was better than the other villains, but lousy lipsync. Sadly he had to lose fights even against the koonan.
    Ramkumar - Ayyo paavam! No scope except to show off.
    Santhanam - Comes throughout the movie with his typical one-liners. Steals the show in the last part.
    H4N2 Virus - I think the scientific facts are wrong. Only kyphosis has relevance (Hunchback). We miss you Sujatha sir!

Camera - Easily the best part of this movie.
    Songs - All are masterfully visualized. The 'ennodu nee' beast song could've been edited out. Spoils the narration. The female reprise at the end is fine though.
    Makeup - One of the biggest pluspoints of the movie.
    Stunts - Wish they were all more interesting!
    Subtitles - Didn't notice it really. Midway was looking randomly and I realised it was good (Nandini karky), for a change. "Naan indha vilayaattukku varala" -> "I am not game for it".
    Story & Screenplay - Story idea is simple & neat. Good that it is none of the umpteen no. of stories I read/heard. But the screenplay could have been tauter, then it would've been more engaging
    Kid friendliness - Strict NO! PG13 to be taken seriously. Some scenes border on vulgarity. There are some gruesome makeups also - worse than koonan.
    Direction - Shankar still shows that much thought and hard work goes into every scene of his movie. But seems he was kind of confused where to focus: romance or thriller. In the end, only the comedy and revenge drama stand out and the romance became a bit too artificial. A bit disappointing for the class he has shown thus far but I won't harp on him based on this one aspect. Still, a different attempt and so job well done for giving us yet another visual treat. But he should note that we are expecting 'adhukkum mela'

I - Beauty, Pretty and Witty though a little bit Sluggy (Rating: 3.5 Stars)
    வந்துட்டோம்னு சொல்லு... திரும்ப வந்துட்டோம்னு சொல்லு! | Recent posts | Mobile App

5. Likes NOV, gane14, ecureuhapis, Pras, mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    There was nothing "special" in this film , It became blockbuster only due to SS. If you take SS from this movie, it would be such a mokkai film, but the rest of the films, you have mention I agree with you.

Shankar has lost his touch after "Mudhalvan" , he gives more attention to stunts and visuals than story, but this was not the case in "gentleman", "indian" and "mudhalvan".
    Its a Rajini movie by SHANKAR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR View Post
    My Review - without any Spoilers

In case you are still wondering the movie is good or bad.. well, if you keep the movies Mudhalvan, Anniyan, Endhiran in mind and are expecting the next level from Shankar, you are in for disappointment. But let me tell you, the movie is not bad - in the sense that there is no really dull moment. It is a complete entertainer and a visual treat. Of course, there are logic loopholes and some cliches but what do you expect in Tamil movies. Just sit back and enjoy it. Your money will be well spent if you are not expecting another Anniyan or Endhiran.

Now for more details:

First of all, be attentive throughout. This is a long movie with many scenes and dialogues going a bit too fast. The movie starts before the titles and continues during the titles, and even during end credits..!

The movie starts like in Indian with the intro of the mysterious character - Koonan. The difference is, as Shankar already mentioned during audio release, the flashback is interleaved over the current day sequences. Makes it more interesting but I got reminded of Nepali (*ing bharath) which was in a similar non-linear style.

I liked the bodybuilder Ligesan part of the flashback. Vikram's father is 'Azhagu' - clever choice or a coincidence? Santhanam makes a much lesser impact here. Vikram has more scope for comedy. Power star also becomes the scene stealer. Whistles during his intro scene here in Singapore Two songs during this portion: Ladyo - song picturisation is fantastic; Mersalaayitten - much more mersal material in the full version. The morphings are so cleanly done. Amy is of course gorgeous in every scene. The movie starts to drag a bit from the competition scene, with the fights and all. Vikram appears with full makeup upto neck and sweaty body below. First I thought, graphics la face-ai maathitaangalo?!

Next portion of the story starts when Vikram becomes a model and goes with Amy to China. Ojas Rajani (Santhanam calls her Nine-thara) is introduced here and makes up for some laughs - though not very tasteful. The China visuals and 'pookale' song are breathtaking but that's the good part. The romance portions look cliched and even the cycle stunts are a bit boring. Fortunately, the koonan's deeds go in the parallel storyline to keep the interest alive. The lovers have happy moments + a duet, the villains fume and get together, and the revenge drama unfolds. Now the whole movie picks up pace and builds up to the climax. This is the best part of the movie. I won't reveal too much here. See and relish on the big screen.

Vikram - Need I say anything?! Has given life, soul and yes Shankar sir..body to the character. Probably saved this movie.
    Amy Jackson - Nice fit. Super gorgeous! Tried her best to lipsync but some scenes are way off.
    Upen Patel - Has lot of scope. Was better than the other villains, but lousy lipsync. Sadly he had to lose fights even against the koonan.
    Ramkumar - Ayyo paavam! No scope except to show off.
    Santhanam - Comes throughout the movie with his typical one-liners. Steals the show in the last part.
    H4N2 Virus - I think the scientific facts are wrong. Only kyphosis has relevance (Hunchback). We miss you Sujatha sir!

Camera - Easily the best part of this movie.
    Songs - All are masterfully visualized. The 'ennodu nee' beast song could've been edited out. Spoils the narration. The female reprise at the end is fine though.
    Makeup - One of the biggest pluspoints of the movie.
    Stunts - Wish they were all more interesting!
    Subtitles - Didn't notice it really. Midway was looking randomly and I realised it was good (Nandini karky), for a change. "Naan indha vilayaattukku varala" -> "I am not game for it".
    Story & Screenplay - Story idea is simple & neat. Good that it is none of the umpteen no. of stories I read/heard. But the screenplay could have been tauter, then it would've been more engaging
    Kid friendliness - Strict NO! PG13 to be taken seriously. Some scenes border on vulgarity. There are some gruesome makeups also - worse than koonan.
    Direction - Shankar still shows that much thought and hard work goes into every scene of his movie. But seems he was kind of confused where to focus: romance or thriller. In the end, only the comedy and revenge drama stand out and the romance became a bit too artificial. A bit disappointing for the class he has shown thus far but I won't harp on him based on this one aspect. Still, a different attempt and so job well done for giving us yet another visual treat.

I - Beauty, Pretty and Witty though a little bit Sluggy (Rating: 3.5 Stars)

Post Thanks / Like
    ’ஐ’ படம் எப்படி?

ங்கர் இயக்கத்தில் விக்ரம், எமி ஜாக்சன் சந்தானம், பவர் ஸ்டார் சீனிவாசன், சுரேஷ் கோபி, மற்றும் பலர் நடித்திருக்கும் படம் ‘ஐ’. பொங்கல் சிறப்பாக வெளியாகியுள்ள படம். இரண்டு முன்று வருடங்களுக்கு காத்திருப்பில் வைத்து இப்போது வெளியாகி உள்ளது.

மாடலிங் துறையில் பெண்களுக்கு மட்டுமல்ல ஆண்களுக்கும் பல சிக்கல்கள் உள்ளன. அதில் ஒரு விதத்தை கையில் எடுத்துக் கொண்டு அழகிய காதலை மெசேஜாக பதிவு செய்துள்ளார் இயக்குநர் ஷங்கர்.

விக்ரம், ஒரு மனிதன் இத்தனை உடலமைப்பு மாற்றங்களை ஒரே படத்தில் காட்ட முடியுமா?. முதல் பாதியில் கட்டுமஸ்தான விக்ரம் , பின்பாதியில் ஒடிந்து கூனிக் குறுகி ஒவ்வொரு உணர்வுகளிலும் நம் செண்டிமெண்ட் பாயிண்டுக்கு குறி வைக்கும் இன்னொரு விக்ரம் என்றால் மாடலாக ஸ்டைலிஷ் விக்ரம், பீஸ்ட் விக்ரம் என அந்தந்த கேரக்டருக்கு ஏற்ற தேகத்துடன் உண்மையில் மெர்சலடையச் செய்துள்ளார்.

எமி நல்ல தேர்வு, அனேகமாக ஷங்கரின் முதல் சாய்ஸ் ஹீரொயினான ஐஸ்வர்யா ராய் இடத்தை நிரப்ப சரியான தேர்வு என்றும் சொல்லலாம். கொடுக்கும் ஆடைகளை போட்டு கொள்கிறார். கிளாமர் சற்றே தூக்கல் என்றாலும் எமி என்ற ரீதியில் முகம் சுளிக்கச் செய்யாமல் ஷங்கர் பட அழகான ராட்சஸியாக இருக்கிறார்.

ஷங்கரின் பிரம்மாண்டம், படம் முழுக்க வியாபிக்கிறது என்றால் அவருக்கு போட்டியாக விரிகிறது பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராமின் ஒளிப்பதிவு. ஒவ்வொரு காட்சியிலும் ஃப்ரேம் ஃப்ரேமாக செதுக்கியுள்ளார். படத்திற்கு அடுத்த ப்ளஸ் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். பின்னனியில் பிரம்மாண்ட காட்சிக்கு ஏற்ற இசை. ‘பூக்களே சற்று ஓய்வெடுங்கள்’ பாடல் கண்களுக்கு விருந்தாக பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராமின் ஸ்பெஷல் என்றால்,மெர்சலாயிட்டேன், மற்றும் லேடியோ பாடல்கள் ஷங்கர் ஸ்பெஷலாக வித்யாச காட்சியமைப்பில் இருக்கிறது. ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஸ்பெஷல் உன்னோடு நானிருந்தால், ஆனால் வைத்த இடம் தான் சற்றே நெருடலாக ஒட்டாமல் நிற்கிறது. சண்டை காட்சிகள் அனல் பறக்கிறது என்றாலும் அனைத்து சண்டை காட்சிகளிலும் கூட்டம் கூட்டமாக அடியாட்கள் வருகிறார்கள் அதை சற்றே குறைத்திருக்கலாம்.

டி.சுரேஷ், ஏ.என். பாலகிருஷ்ணன் கூட்டணியில் சந்தானம் வரும் காட்சிகளில் வசனங்கள் அப்ளாஸ் அள்ளுகிறது. ஆனாலும் சுஜாதா இல்லாத வசனங்கள் பற்றாகுறை பளிச்சென தெரிகிறது.

சுடுகாட்டிற்கு எப்படி பெண்கள் வருவார்கள் , அவ்வளவு பெரிய ஆள் மரணம் என்றால் எவ்வளவு பெரிய நியூஸ் அது. அந்த இடத்தில் சற்றே லாஜிக் தடுமாற்றம். சந்தானம் படத்தில் காமெடியனாக மட்டுமல்லாமல் குணச்சித்திர நடிகராகவும் பலே. எதுக்கு பவர் ஸ்டார் என்ற கேள்வி சில இடங்களில் தோன்றினாலும் ’எந்திரன் பார்ட் 2’ ஹீரோ நான் தான் என சொல்லி தலையில் இரண்டு சில்வர் மார்க் போட்டு நடக்கும் இடம் பவரு பவருதான் மொமெண்ட்.

அட சுரேஷ் பாபு என்னப்பா அப்பட்டமா அப்படியே சொல்லி கொடுத்ததை செய்கிறார் என சீரியசான இடங்களில் தோன்றுகிறது. இன்னும் மாடலிங் துறை அரசியலை ஆழமாக பேசியிருக்கலாமோ என ஷங்கர் படம் என்பதால் கொஞ்சம் ஓவர் டோஸ் கேட்கிறது மைண்ட் வாய்ஸ்.

மொத்ததில் ‘ஐ’ மேக்கிங்கில் மெர்சல் அடைய செய்து, புதுவிதமான காதலை சொல்லி வெறும் காதல் படமல்ல அதுக்கும் மேல என முடிகிறது.

- சினிமா விகடன் குழு-

Last edited by balaajee; 15th January 2015 at 06:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar and Vikram watch 'I' First Day, First Show in Kasi Theater

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vikatan is promoting I in the name of "review"

Dinamalar is promoting I by rating highly

The same media brought down Lingaa!!

What is going on in Tamil media!!!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unlike RGV said, WW collection for the opening day.. Lingaa collected more than I according to andhraboxoffice! Now he has to eat his words!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar normally goes for a holiday on the day his film releases..quite surprised to see him watching his own film..

one thing that meets my expectations were the visuals..songs were fantastically shot..his best i think..the reprise version of ennodu was exactly how i wanted it to be..i remember telling hubber Sunil that song would be a perfect 'end-credit' song just like Rockstar..

Agree with RR on the lip sync..quite bad..esp dev patel..even Amy was better than the indian casts :shocked: not sure how perfectionist Shankar missed that
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila