Ithu ummaku romba over ah theriyalla ?

"King Of acting" agreed to a "Great" extent? But King of opening ?? lol
    sariya padiyum oyi .. king of box office ... not king of opening

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    iamAmyJackson

So grateful to have been a part of 'I' @shankarshanmugh @pcsreeram @chiyaanvikram @arrahman #50Days

Last edited by balaajee; 5th March 2015 at 11:13 PM.

4. Likes Pras liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    BEHINDWOODS COLUMN

LMK'S FILM SPOT

50 DAYS OF 'I' - A MILESTONE EVENT IN MANY ASPECTS

THE 'I' PHENOMENON !!! On its release day January 14th, it all started off as Shankar's 'I' and pulled in a huge chunk to theatres thanks to the director's brand value, the superhit music and the incredible pre-release curiosity surrounding the plot and its lead actor's very many avatars. Aascar Films' efforts in pumping in so much money to this dream and giving it the best possible release in the best possible festival slot can't be underestimated too. Now, 50 days after the movie's release and its subsequent handsome success with well over 220 crores in worldwide gross (from 3 versions), we will all remember it as Vikram's 'I'. Such is the impact that the actor has made on the audience.

No doubt, Shankar designed the project and gave such a platform for Vikram to showcase his wares. But not everyone can transform so many times within the same movie - from an imposing bodybuilder with curled locks, to a chic model, to an ugly, emaciated, deformed hunchback 'Koonan' (with insane amount of prosthetic make-up all over). Not to forget, that other enormous make-up achievement for the beast avatar in the Ennodu Nee Irundhaal number. That Chiyaan could convince the audience that he was emoting despite so many layers of make-up and also be as agile as he was, speaks volumes of his caliber and dedication as a performer. Among the many memorable moments that he gave us in 'I' was the supremely physical stunt sequence in the gym with the other hulks around, sporting just an under-wear over his well-oiled body. Inimitable show of confidence ! The mirror scene when 'Koonan' screams in horror at his own frame, and his initial transformation from Lee to 'Koonan' jolted many and even moved them to tears.

Editor Anthony's work in presenting this long non-linear spectacle was impressive too, along with Rahman's chartbuster songs and BG score, P.C.Sreeram's grandiose visuals, the VFX magic, Muthuraj's larger-than-life sets and 'Anl' Arasu's adrenaline pumping stunts.

'I' owes a lot of its success to the 'perfect model' - turned - 'competent actress', Amy Jackson as well. P.C.Sreeram had said that her brand of beauty and glamour was never-seen-before in Indian cinema. We have to agree with the legendary DoP totally. Be it that drool-inducing bikini scene, the mind-boggling transformations in Mersalaayitten, her sexy angelic appearance in the beast song and her overall elegance and grace throughout the film, Amy was the epitome of beauty. The way she performed and managed her lip-sync was highly praiseworthy too. Her Innaba Lingesa in the typical Madras lingo would be one of the lasting memories of this year's Tamil cinema.

And the chemistry between the 48 year old Vikram and the 23 year old Amy was another stunning revelation. Sample the Pookkale and Aila numbers, and all the scenes featuring them as the models, Lee and Diya. Vikram may have an anti-ageing secret, one may suspect (his portfolio as Lee before the China ad shoot. Pppaahh!!!).

Shankar was all over the film in terms of the way he conceptualized and shot the songs in his typically lavish manner. Each of them was a highlight in its own right and would compete with one another for the 'Best Song Visual' of the year. But the film featured gory visuals which may have repelled a section of the family audience in particular. Though Santhanam was a very lively presence in the climax, this segment had some really extreme visuals which stuck out despite Santa's efforts in wrapping them under his witty sarcasm. Also the way Shankar handled the transgender character and its romance with Vikram was questionable and controversial. 'I' also had weak villains who were not a patch on some of Shankar's legendary villains in the past.

All said, the positives of the movie far outweighed its negatives and 'I' was a very successful venture in Tamil - doing massive business in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and the overseas markets too. The U/A rating and entertainment tax didn't hamper the movie's trade prospects in TN, as feared by a few. After Enthiran, a South Indian film hasn't performed this well at the box-office. On final analysis, 'I' did all that a biggie was supposed to do - entertain the common man, rake in the big bucks and leave the industry happy.

Congrats on the stupendous run ...

Kaushik.L.M

6. Likes Pras liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ai trailer Spoof

Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar Shanmugham @shankarshanmugh 2h 2 hours ago

"i"00 days !!! Thanx for alllll who have made it possible.

9. Likes Pras liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    அகலக்கால் வைத்து அகப்பட்டுக்கொண்ட ஆஸ்கார் ரவி.. சொத்துகள் பறிமுதல்!! : http://tamil.oneindia.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    சினிமா தயாரிப்பாளர் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் சொத்துக்கள் ஜப்தி!

ரூ.96.75 கோடி கடனை செலுத்தாததால் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரனின் அலுவலகம், வீடு, திரையரங்குகள் ஆகியவற்றை இந்தியன் ஓவர்சீஸ் வங்கி கையகப்படுத்தியுள்ளது.

தமிழ் திரையுலகின் முன்னணி தயாரிப்பாளராக வலம் வரும் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன், விக்ரம் நடித்த 'அந்நியன்', கமல்ஹாசன் நடித்த தசாவதாரம் உள்ளிட்ட பல்வேறு படங்களை பிரம்மாண்ட பட்ஜெட்களில் தயாரித்தவர்.

இதனிடையே, விக்ரம் நடித்த 'ஐ' மற்றும் ஜெயம் ரவி நடிக்கும் 'பூலோகம்' என இரண்டு பெரிய பட்ஜெட் படங்களை ஒரே நேரத்தில் தயாரித்ததில் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் கடனில் சிக்கினார். இதற்காக இந்திய ஓவர்சீஸ் வங்கியில் கடன் வாங்கியுள்ளார் ரவிச்சந்திரன். பல்வேறு கடன் பிரச்னைகளைத் தாண்டிதான் 'ஐ' திரைப்படம் வெளியானது.
    இந்த நிலையில், ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் கடனை செலுத்தாததால் அவரது அலுவலகம், வீடு மற்றும் மூன்று திரையரங்குகள் ஆகியவற்றை இந்தியன் ஓவர்சீஸ் வங்கி கையகப்படுத்தி இருக்கிறது.

இது குறித்து இந்தியன் ஓவர்சீஸ் வங்கி வெளியிட்டுள்ள விளம்பரத்தில், "ஏப்ரல் 28ஆம் தேதி முதல் மூன்று சொத்துக்களை சுவாதீனப்படுத்தி இருக்கிறோம். சென்னை அசோக் நகரில் உள்ள அலுவலகம், மயிலாப்பூரில் உள்ள வீடு, வேலூரில் உள்ள திரையரங்கம் மற்றும் சேலத்தில் உள்ள சந்தோஷ், சப்னா மற்றும் சாந்தம் திரையரங்குகள் ஆகியவை இதில் அடக்கம்' என்று கூறப்பட்டுள்ளது.

ஐஓபி வங்கியில் வாங்கிய சுமார் 84 கோடி ரூபாய் கடன் மற்றும் வட்டியுடன் சேர்த்து 97 கோடி ரூபாய் கடனை திருப்பி செலுத்தாததினால், சென்னை அசோக் நகரில் உள்ள ஆஸ்கார் ரவியின் அலுவலகம், அபிராமபுரத்தில் அவர் வசிக்கும் வீடு மற்றும் வேலூரில் உள்ள அவரது சந்தோஷ், சப்னா, சாந்தம் என மூன்று தியேட்டர்கள் ஆகிய சொத்துகளை பறிமுதல் செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது.

தமிழ் திரையுலகில் முன்னணி தயாரிப்பாளராக வலம் வரும் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரனின் சொத்துக்களை வங்கி கையகப்படுத்தி இருப்பது திரையுலகினர் இடையே அதிர்ச்சியை ஏற்படுத்தி உள்ளது.

Post Thanks / Like
    விக்ரமுக்கு விருது அளிக்காதது தேசிய விருதுகளுக்கான இழப்பு: பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் சாடல் - TAMIL HINDU

'ஐ' படத்திற்காக விக்ரமுக்கு விருது அளிக்காதது தேசிய விருதுகளுக்கான இழப்பு என ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் கருத்து தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

ஷங்கர் இயக்கத்தில் விக்ரம், ஏமி ஜாக்சன், சுரேஷ் கோபி, சந்தானம் உள்ளிட்ட பலர் நடிப்பில் ஜனவரி 2015ம் ஆண்டு வெளியான படம் 'ஐ'. பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் ஒளிப்பதிவு செய்த இப்படத்துக்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்திருந்தார். ஆஸ்கர் பிலிம்ஸ் நிறுவனம் இப்படத்தை தயாரித்தது.

நீண்ட நாட்களாக தயாரிப்பில் இருந்த இப்படத்திற்காக விக்ரம் மிகவும் சிரத்தை எடுத்து நடித்திருந்தார். இப்படத்தின் பாத்திரத்திற்காக உடலை இளைத்து, கூட்டி என மிகவும் மெனக்கெட்டு நடித்தார்.

63வது தேசிய விருதுகள் அறிவிக்கப்பட்டதில் விக்ரமிற்கு எந்த ஒரு தேசிய விருதும் அறிவிக்கப்படவில்லை. ஜனவரி 10ம் தேதி சென்சார் செய்யப்பட்ட படம் என்பதால், தேசிய விருதுகள் தேர்வு பட்டியலில் 'ஐ' திரைப்படம் இருந்தது.
    விக்ரமுக்கு விருது கிடைக்காததால் ரசிகர்கள் பலரும் தங்களது அதிருப்தியை சமூக வலைத்தளங்களில் பதிவு செய்து வருகிறார்கள். மேலும், 'ஐ' படத்தின் ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் "விக்ரமுக்கு (கென்னி) விருது ஏதும் இல்லை. வருந்துகிறேன். தேசிய விருதுகள் பல நேரங்களில் அதன் நோக்கத்தை இழந்துவிடுகிறது. என்னைப் பொருத்தவரை இது விக்ரமுடைய இழப்பு அல்ல; இது தேசிய விருதுகளுக்கான இழப்பு." என்று தனது ட்விட்டர் பக்கத்தில் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

விக்ரமுக்கு விருது கிடைக்காதது குறித்து 'ஐ' படக்குழுவும் மிகவும் அதிருப்தியில் இருப்பதாக தகவல்கள் வெளியாகி இருக்கிறது
    Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

Post Thanks / Like
    நண்பா விக்ரம்,"ஐ" காக உடலை பெருக்கினாய்; பின் சுருக்கினாய்; அகோர உருவில் உயிர் உருக்கினாய்;உனக்கெதற்கு விருது? நீதான் எங்கள் விருது!- Vivekh on twitter

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    with due respect to Vikram for his dedication and work devotion............ imho, i believe acting is more bringing out the character through performances and nuances rather than become the character itself physically by putting the body through hard times.... I wonder what Sivaji or the older generation actors will say on such things...they never had the time that actors of the current generation has in doing all these stuffs...... Sivaji sir once commented on an actor who consumed alcohol to bring out a drunkard role on screen, that "what will he do if he has to portray a dead person"

I am not trying to say Vikram does not act well nor that his specialty is only his dedication such as these effort for "I", kaasi etc., In the film anniyan, more than all those physical or get up change portions, I feel the best acting of Vikram came out in the climax scene when his character was traversing between anniyan and ambi........that I feel deserves national award more than "I" performance
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

15. Likes gane14 liked this post