Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilayanilaa actress -||SaMaNtHa||- News & Updates

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cepark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ilayanilaa actress -||SaMaNtHa||- News & Updates

[html:6bd77e36f0]

[/html:6bd77e36f0]
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work..
    Thomas A. Edison (1846 - 1931)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    SOUTH ACTRESS SAMANTHA BIOGRAPHY

Name: Samantha
    Sex: Female
    Date of Birth: 28 Apr 1987
    Place of Birth: Chennai

ABOUT SAMANTHA:

Samantha Ruth Prabhu (Tamil: சமந்தா ரூத் பிரபு) is an Indian film actress and model who appears in Tamil and Telugu films. Born to Malayalee and Telugu parents, Samantha was brought up in Tamil Nadu and pursued a career in modelling during her late teens. Despite signing up to Ravi Varman's Moscowin Kaveri in mid 2007, her first major release was the critically acclaimed Gautham Menon film, Ye Maaya Chesave, which got released in February 2010.

Early life and family

Born on April 28, 1987 to a Malayalee mother and a Telugu father, Samantha was brought up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu becoming fluent in the Tamil language.

Career

Despite signing up for three Tamil films in quick succession, Samantha's first release was Indira Productions' Gautham Menon directed, Ye Maaya Chesave. The film, a simultaneous remake of the Tamil film Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa, created much anticipation prior to release, primarily due to the successful soundtrack from A. R. Rahman.

The actress was signed up for the project in mid August 2009 and completed schedules across India and the United States for the film which released in February 2010. The film portrays Samantha as the lead character of Jessie, which was also the working title of the film; a Malayalee Christian girl living in Hyderabad, whom the male protaganist, played by Naga Chaitanya falls in love with. Upon release, Samantha received very positive reviews for her portrayal, with the film also garnering much critical acclaim.Samantha, alongside her co-star, Naga Chaitanya, also appeared in a guest appearance in the Tamil version of the film.

Ravi Varman's Moscowin Kaveri began in August 2007, with Samantha, then briefly known as Yasodha, joining the team later in the year. The film introduced a host of new actors, with music carried out by Thaman, then making his debut in music composing. In an interview, much prior to release in 2008, Ravi Varman mentioned that he had decided that Samantha would be the lead actress for his film within three minutes after viewing one of her commercial assignments.

In the interview, he went on to describe her as an actress with "intelligence" and "potential", whilst drawing comparisons with noted actress, Revathi. However, due to Ravi Varman's date conflicts with his projects as a cinematographer, the film is still languishing in development hell, but is likely to release during 2010.

Samantha also signed up for the Narain starrer, Pookada Ravi in August 2008 to play the lead role of a modern girl. Despite the film, continuing schedules at regular intervals, the film has also faced severe delays and was stalled throughout 2009 with the film is likely to release during 2010. The third film signed by Samantha was the romantic drama, Baana Kaathadi, opposite Adharvaa.

Following agreeing terms in early 2009, the film has continued shoot for a year and a release is likely later in 2010. Samantha is said to play a student of the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), the first such role in Tamil cinema. Samantha has also recently signed Vamsi Paidipally's Brindaavanam in which she has a supporting role alongside NTR Jr and Kajal Aggarwal.

FILMOGRAPHY

2010 - Ye Maaya Chesaave ( Telugu )

2010 - Moscowin Kaveri ( Tamil )

2010 - Brindavanam ( Telugu )

2010 - Baana Kaathadi ( Tamil )

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    cepark, neenga nooru varusham nallaa irukkanum
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979
    cepark, neenga nooru varusham nallaa irukkanum

bro ithu ellam ungalukkagaa...... illai namallukkaagaa......

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    theriyum theiryum
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Samantha opposite Mahesh Babu (telegu actor).

Tollywood's new rising star Samantha, who made her debut with Jessie followed by super hit Gautham Menon’s Yemaya Chesave, recently grabbed headlines by bagging two big budget movies opposite super stars Jr. NTR in Brindavanam and Prabhas in an untitled film to be directed by S.S. Rajamouli.

According to latest reports, the actress will be seen opposite Prince Mahesh Babu in his next movie to be directed by Srinu Vaitla. The info came from the actress herself at an event in Hyderabad. The pooja will be held on March 26 and regular shooting will begin from May.

This is the first time Srinu Vytla is working with Mahesh Babu. An action-based romantic entertainer with excellent visual effects, the movie is produced by Anil Sunkara, Achanta Gopinath and Achanta Ram under the banner 14 Reels Entertainment. The film will be shot with a Super 35 mm camera. More details are awaited.

http://allfilmupdates.blogspot.com/2...hesh-babu.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Actress Samantha says "Nothing wrong about lip-lock"

Samantha has caught every one's attention. Even as the audience of Ye Maaya Chesave are going gung-ho about her, the actress says that there is nothing wrong in doing a kissing scene.

The actress did not have any inhibitions about doing a 'kissing scene' with her co-star Nag Chaitanya in the film. She says that Nag was a great co-star, who had put her at ease since day one.

In fact, Samantha has proved her mettle beyond doubt. The actress has a film lined up with Junior NTR in the lead, titled Brindavanam.

The actress's screen presence in Ye Maaya Chesave has been appreciated and described an asset for the film.

http://allfilmupdates.blogspot.com/2...ing-wrong.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Actress Samantha Ensures A Long On-Screen Innings In Tollywood.

In an industry where directors try and launch a fresh face with every new film, 22-year-old Samantha’s impressive debut, Yem Maya Chesave has already garnered her an enthusiastic fan following and two film deals. But, she knows sustaining her success will be a challenge.

“I don’t plan for the future. I am very pessimistic and don’t want to be disappointed if my plans don’t materialise. For now my career is fine and I’m getting meaty roles. I plan to sign only those films that offer me a character I can relate to,” asserts the actress who recently signed a film with NTR Jr. and Mahesh Babu after her critically acclaimed act in YMC.

Samantha wants to meticulously craft a career that ensures a long on-screen innings in Tollywood. She reportedly turned down an offer to act with Ram Charan Tej citing lack of dates. While most heroines are confined to glam-doll roles, she has a ‘checklist’ before she green lights a project – the script, the director’s potential, her character and the scope for performance. “It is the director who makes superstars. I didn’t even know how to carry off a sari. Gautam Menon gave me that confidence. The director’s potential is of key importance.”

But acting was never the first choice for this B.Com graduate from Chennai. “I always wanted to get into business and was interested in shares and stocks.” It was the chance to meet her favourite director that got her hurtling on the path to stardom, “I am a fan of Gautam Menon. I went for the audition just to see him. I never thought I’d be selected.”

Despite her Tamil debut, Banakathadi slated to release, Samantha is clear that Tollywood will always be her priority, “Telugu audiences have liked me. I owe a lot to these fans and it is my responsibility to act in this industry. Besides, Tollywood here is more chilled out and professional compared to the workaholic Tamil industry. I have fallen in love with Hyderabad. T’wood will be my priority.”

From the girl-next-door to overnight stardom, it’s been a daunting leap and Samantha frowns on rumours of her diva behaviour, “Since the success of my film YMC, there are a lot of expectations from me to sustain that success. Personally, I have not changed after I’ve become a star but I find it difficult to understand the things that come with stardom. Some people judge me, write things, twist words and change the meaning of what I’ve said. I am yet to understand why,” says the rising star who relies on her friends to keep her grounded.

http://thebollywoodactress.com/actre...-in-tollywood/

Post Thanks / Like
    Actress Samantha does a guest role in the film Vinnai Thandi Varuvaya

Samantha does a guest role in the film Vinnai Thandi Varuvaya. The same film was released in Telugu with the title Ye Maaya Chesavo. Samantha did the role in which Trisha did in the Tamil version.

While speaking about this, she said,” I did the role of Jessie which Trisha did in Tamil. Everybody would have met this kind of girl at least once in their lifetime. People who saw this film said that the incidents in this film seem to have happened in their lives. The reason for this is Gowtham Menon. I had acted laboriously in this film because of the hope Gowtham Menon had on me.

All the actresses would have felt that she should have acted in such a role. I can never expect this kind of role in future. I had acted wearing saree in this film. There will be lot of glamour in Telugu films. But Gowtham Menon has shown me glamorously in the saree itself.

Gowtham is not interested in showing the actresses in bikini and glamour dresses. After this film I am acting with Junior NTR in a Telugu film Brindhavan and in another Telugu film with Mahesh Babu.”

http://tamilshots.blogspot.com/2010/...t-role-in.html

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast