Page 403 of 406 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 4053

Thread: Khan Saheb Kamal Haasan's Jamaat/Jeba Koottam/Devasthaanam - Part 8

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vijaykumar? he is same age of KH (but he gave many hit movies)
    im sure about the 'jalra' director..it is Abhavanan. in one interview after 'tholvi nilaiyena ninaithal' super hit song, he mentioned ppl say my lyrics resembles kannadasan!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aabhavanan was quite successful. The actor should be Chakkaravarthy only. Sari vidunga. Papanasam stills amarkalama irukku. Looks like a big treat for us!
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Post Thanks / Like
    link pl

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now (@1.30pm) Sathyaa on Kalaignar TV

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    link pl
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...u-Joseph/page8
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

7. Thanks avavh3 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Twitter:

Unseen still of Kamalji with Sarika ji in the movie Raj Tilak

சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இருவாரங்களுக்கு முன்பு ஒரே நேரத்தில் வீடு மற்றும் அலுவலகத்தில் ஒரே தளத்தில் இன்னொரு இடத்திற்கு இடம்பெயர்ந்து விட்டேன். இருந்தும் பழைய வீடு இருக்கும் இடம், அலுவலக இடம் இரண்டையும் பதிந்துவிட்ட நினைவுகளால் மறக்கமுடியல. என்னையும் அறியாமல் சில நேரங்களில் எட்டிப் பார்த்துவிடுகிறேன். பழைய வீட்டில் வேறு யாரும் இன்னும் குடியேறவில்லை. ஆனால் அலுவலக பழைய இடத்தில் ஒரு புதியவர் அமர்ந்துவிட்டார். அவருக்கு நான்தான் அங்கு அமர்ந்து வேலைபார்த்தேன் எனத் தெரியாது. இரு நாட்களுக்கு முன் அங்கு சென்றபோது "How can I help you?" எனக் கேட்டுவிட்டார். சட்டென ஹேராம் படத்தில் அபர்ணா நினைவில் இருந்து மீளாமல் சாகேத்ராம் தான் வசித்த வீட்டின் கதவை தட்டியபோது ஒரு மலையாளி "Yes How can I help you? What can I do for you?" எனக் கேட்பது ஞாபகத்திற்கு வந்தது. தட் "சரீரத்திற்கும் ஆத்மாவுக்கும் இருக்கிற உறவு" மொமென்ட்.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...W-y83Bg#t=4009
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

10. Likes avavh3, chinnakkannan liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

12. Likes oyivukac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal discovers Kuchipudi

Kamal and RC Sakthi wrote a lot of screenplays. None of them were made into films. “We fumbled,” Kamal Haasan told me. “I think I became better due to my close association with Ananthu.”

Ananthu was a screenwriter, rapacious world cinema buff and a close associate of K. Balachander, and his contribution to Kamal’s career is well-known. ‘Hey Ram’, in fact, opens with the dedication: “Dear Ananthu Saab, thank you for directing me towards this direction.” Ananthu was the one who began to tell Kamal about the rules of screenwriting. Kamal discovered the French film critic André Bazin, the blacklisted Hollywood screenwriter Dalton Trumbo. “I became a great fan of Trumbo without knowing who he was.”

Kamal, with similar-minded friends, used to watch every foreign film that came his way, mostly through film festivals. He liked Bergman’s ‘The Touch’ very much. And ‘The Voyeur’ with Marcello Mastroianni and Virni Lisi. And Antonioni’s ‘The Passenger’. And Schlesinger’s ‘Midnight Cowboy’. And Arthur Penn’s ‘Alice’s Restaurant’.

“All these films affected us,” Kamal Haasan said. “We started picking up stuff.” They would keep talking about these films, and they began to be regarded as “Anglo-Indian” by the local industry. Among the many people to whom Kamal told the stories he had in his head was Balu Mahendra. “Those guys were working in the European format.”

I asked Kamal Haasan to point out some of the “stuff” he’d picked up from these films. He thought for a while and mentioned the tracking shots in the early portions of ‘Guna’. He said he was a great fan of Max Ophüls, the legendary German filmmaker who made ‘The Earrings of Madame de...’ and who was known for complex tracking shots. Then he smiled and said, “We can use these ideas, at most, in a scene or two. Our films can’t take much more. If you bring these ideas in wholesale, then you’ll become like John Abraham, who was ostracised and kept outside the commercial sector.” He was referring to the Malayalam filmmaker known for avant-garde works such as ‘Agraharathil Kazhuthai’ and ‘Amma Ariyan’. “That’s a good thing actually, that’s a great state to be in. But it’s a rather lonely and dire state for a filmmaker.”

The story of Kamal Haasan as a dancer begins when Kamal was 12, a time his mother thought that he would be thrown out of school, the third one he was admitted into. One evening, she took him to a Kuchipudi recital at the Museum Theatre. The boy, who’d grown up with Bharatanatyam, was fascinated. Kamal Haasan told me, “I think it was the exotic form of somebody dancing on a plate.”

After the performance, while waiting for the bus at the stop on Pantheon Road, Kamal’s mother asked him if he’d liked the performance. He asked her why there was no alarippu. She explained to him the difference between the dance forms. Suddenly, he told her he wanted to learn dance. She said they’d talk about it in the morning.

The next morning, Kamal woke up, brushed his teeth, wiped his face on her pallu, and told her again that he wanted to learn dance. She asked him if he was sure. He was. She thought about it. She didn’t want to send him to classes where he’d have to stand in a queue. She wanted private tuitions from someone she could afford. This turned out to be M.S. Natarajan. He was into theatre, an actor and a fan of ‘Sivaji’ Ganesan, but he had also trained in the same school as Kamal’s sister, the Pandanallur bani. “He was not a teacher in the strict sense,” Kamal Haasan said, “but he had a repertoire that could help young children get acquainted with dance.”

Classes began. But they were at Ashok Nagar, and Kamal’s mother felt that the boy was travelling too far from their Eldams Road home. The first solution was to shift the classes to the large hall at home. Then Natarajan told Kamal’s mother, “Your son is learning very well. If I could get a small place to stay in your house with my wife, I could be on attendance at any time.” Kamal Haasan smiled at the memory. “He was right, because I was totally neglecting school. I was always in the dance class. And it had nothing to do with all the girls in the class.”

(To be continued)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    proof that Kamal is much more than just a star, actor/artiste - he is a visionary in his own way:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/18/wo...html?hpt=hp_c2