Page 93 of 389 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Kugan's Kitchen Part 7

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Velan and dev

Banana stem juice already started taking. I always drink lots of water.

Is there anything like Spicy food should be avoided?

Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    beer drinkers almost have no stone problem
    innaikke Tasmac poittaa poachchu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirumaran View Post
    innaikke Tasmac poittaa poachchu
    ... the reason being beer is drunk by the jug and then passed out rapidly, thus not giving any chance for stone build-up

spicy foodkkum idhukkum sambandham illai... enakku therinja varaikkum
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vishal : "Water is the only drink for a wise kidney stone patient."

Water is an inexpensive and calorie-free protection against kidney stones. Drinking enough water is important to help dilute urine, and people with kidney stones in general should drink enough fluids to produce at least two quarts of water a day. Drinking enough water helps keep urine diluted and flushes away materials that might form stones and is the most important thing a person can do to prevent kidney stones. Increase your fluid intake to the point where your urine volume reaches 2.5 litres a day. This may mean drinking up to 3 litres a day, if you live in a hot, dry climate or if you are involved in strenuous physical activity. Increasing urine volume decreases the concentration of minerals in the urine. This makes it less likely that a stone will form.
    Coffee and tea can add to a person’s total fluid intake and have been shown to reduce the risk of stone formation, but they do contain oxalate. Moderate intake of beer and wine may also protect against stone formation.
    Some studies suggest citrus drinks like lemonade and orange juice protect against stones because they contain citrate, which stops crystals from growing into stones. But no large-scale trials have been conducted to confirm these findings. Citrus juices, including lemon juice and orange juice, contain citrate, which acts as a stone inhibitor for calcium based stones. Citrate seems to do this by binding calcium, making it unavailable to combine with oxalate or phosphate: a necessary first step in the formation of stones. Citrate also seems to make it more difficult for stones to grow once they’ve formed. While citrus drinks may be helpful in preventing calcium oxalate stones and uric acid stones, they might be harmful for people who form calcium phosphate stones. So people with Calcium phosphate stones should avoid taking citrus juices.

Dev : enakkum kambu adai theriyadhu. recipe irundhal sollungannu solla vandhen ( Mayflower kooda unga kootam-than. enakkaga oats senju tharaanga. but she always says kezhvaragu, thinai arisi, koLLu ellam saapidaNum )

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Madhu Paaps..

Quote Originally Posted by madhu View Post
    Vishal : "Water is the only drink for a wise kidney stone patient."
    Sure Kalyaanam aanathukku appuramae thanni adikkira pazhakkam vanthathilla.. inimae chance romba kammithaan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    haiyaa....MF enga kootama...

Madhu anna, enakku kambu idli , dosai thaan seiya theriyum... adai edhum try panninaal kandippa recipe poaduren...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dev : enakkum kambu adai theriyadhu. recipe irundhal sollungannu solla vandhen ( Mayflower kooda unga kootam-than. enakkaga oats senju tharaanga. but she always says kezhvaragu, thinai arisi, koLLu ellam saapidaNum )
    madhu: unga veettil yedho oru adai seveenga! adhe maadhiri seynga!

koLLu thinnaa kudhirai maadhiri Oda varumaa?
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    vathyarayya..

koLLu is good for cold illaiya ? I hv tasted koLLu thuvaiyal, koLLu adai, koLLu rasam etc. In Mumbai I had bajra roti at my friends home.

Nov anna.. puLichu pona beer edhukku ? fresh barley water/kanji kudicha pochu.. )

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nov anna.. puLichu pona beer edhukku ? fresh barley water/kanji kudicha pochu.. )
    latter is marundhu, former is amirdham.... appadinu kudikkiravanga solluvaanga

its not the barley or anything, but beer is usually drunk in large quantities at one go, thus forcing out the stone formations.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vathyarayya..

koLLu is good for cold illaiya ? I hv tasted koLLu thuvaiyal, koLLu adai, koLLu rasam etc. In Mumbai I had bajra roti at my friends home.
    madhu: In my ancestral village they used to feed koLLu to horses. Horseback riding was our pastime during summer visits! koLLu is known as horse gram, I am sure you know that. adai was either paruppu or kezhvaragu. I don't think I ever tasted anything made of koLLu!
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that koLLu is for kudhirai vathyarayya. But its good for health and has medicinal values. Very good for cold and removal of phlegm from throat and food pipes. Rainy season-la suda suda koLLu rasam saapta jaladosham pidikkadhu. But andha taste ellarukkum pidikkadhu