Page 383 of 389 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 3888

Thread: Kugan's Kitchen Part 7

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dev welcome back to the forum. hope we can expect new recipes from you. i have tried many recipes of yours and mentioned it earlier. dalcha, uppu parupu, brinjal potato curry, arisi parupu sadam, cabbage rice, spicy noodles were tomato is grinded. many sattu idellam gyabagam vandadu. also the links u give for tried and tested recipes.

i think K will be happy to see all of you back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    madhushree unga dal curry innum try panna mudila but its in my memory for long time. try pannadum pic post panren.

Post Thanks / Like
    suvai unga bread so tempting. if i dont get gestational diabetes i will surely try. they will test it in few weeks. hoping for the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    vegetarians please share how you include the following from food sources. i have mentioned how i do

Vitamin B12

Fermented foods like neer agaram, hope idli also has, curd.

milk and eggs (i eat eggs)

Zinc

Sunflower seeds, nuts like cashews , peanuts have little beans and lentils have only little

Iron

The type of iron vegetarians get is nonheme which is not absorbed readily. it does with the help of vitamin C which we get from fruits. all dark green leafs, raisins, dates, prunes, figs,quinoa have little. seasoning with iron vessels. after doing all this i will always be diagnosed as anemic. which means still these things are not enough.

Protein

Even though our dal, beans have protein in them its always combined with carbs so total calories shoot up also its not helping weight reduction. is it good to eat non fat milk? they say non fat milk are highly processed so that they cud remove fat molecules. tofu also has only 7 grams protein for a serving size. egg just 6 gms with all the fat.

I am vegetarian from child hood but my hubby turned vegetarian for 8 months. he is putting on weight with vegetarian food, hair started falling and getting gray hairs. also white dry patches in legs which one friend (Dr) told is lack of Zinc.

any vegetarians out there who have achieved muscle mass and fat reduction in body? please share your tips. my hubby is diabetic but from type 1 it became type 2 and a year back even without tablets it was normal due to healthy diet with lean meat fish and vege food. now he turned to vegetarian and putting on weight also blood sugar not as balanced as it was before.

comparatively i see a majority of non vegetarians have good hair though there are rare cases.

i know this is not the forum to discuss but since i find many vegetarians over here i thought i will ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to know what happened to Kugan madam who is daughter inl law of my dear departed sister.
    I see her fans posting on her behalf.
    Dev, nice to see you back.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ginger and Cinnamon are spices for well being found in Malaysian food.
    Here are 5 ways to use Ginger and Cinnamon together....

1. Ginger and Cinnamon boil them in water before adding tea leaves

2. Grind Ginger and Cinnamon, saute in the pan before adding pasta sauce...you get a delicious deep flavor in your pasta

3. Saute Ginger and Cinnamon before adding Chicken....your dish will be aromatic and layered with flavors

4. Ginger and Cinnamon ground together makes a delicious spice for cake or pancake batter...you don't need all that sugar use spice

5. Ginger and Cinnamon is delicious in cookies kids love....a healthy version with raisins and nuts ...cut the sugar
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

8. Thanks uwitiusoj thanked for this post
    Likes uwitiusoj liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Hi all... long time.... nice to see the hub kala kala with suvai... Looks like K has been away for a long time now... Hope to see her back in the hub soon...

ahaaaaa.....edunga melathai...thattunga thalathai....paadunga... vaanga vaanga nu....to welcome dev... romba naal aachithaan ungaluku oru hi solli....

I hope k will also surprise us by coming sometime dev....

10. Likes uwitiusoj liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello sangeetha.....i am so happy that u tried the potato & the picture looks perfect ...just like how i do..
    u seem to be a master chef with recipes.........good luck with many more...

keerai kuzhambu sumar ah vanthicha...athaan picture podalaiya.......i searched & that was the site that looked & sounded good......keerai i use more for kootu & poriyal only....like today i made swiss chard & spinach to make poriyal...ipadi mix & match....thaan namma kitchen la......with poriyal & kootu one cannot go wrong....its good to take some form of keerai every day..........

12. Thanks uwitiusoj thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for the warm welcome Sangeetha, Hemantji n Suvai... I don't think I can be regular to the hub for now... but will def post some recipes when I find time...

& yes, I too would like to know the reason for K's looooooooong absence...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vegetable Burger

Ingredients: (Makes 4)
    2 large potatoes; boiled, peeled and mashed,
    1 cup boiled peas and carrots (in small pieces),
    1-2 cheese cubes,
    1 tsp red chilli flakes (paprika),
    1/2 tsp dry mixed herbs,
    1/2 cup + 2 tbsp fresh and coarse bread crumbs,
    Salt and pepper to taste,
    Oil or butter for frying.

Method:
    Heat oil for frying in a pan (you can choose to deep fry the patties in a wok). Mix together all the other ingredients in a bowl (exclude the 1/2 cup bread crumbs). Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, roll each into a ball and then flatten them a little. Spread the bread crumbs in a flat dish, place each patty onto them, flatten them further by pressing them in the bread crumbs. Flip and coat them well with bread crumbs from the other side as well as the edges. Prepare all the patties in the similar way and then fry them on medium flame till crisp and golden-brown from both the sides.

Serving Suggestions:
    1. This patty is ideal for burgers. So get those burger buns, spread mayonnaise, mustard paste, place lettuce leaves, tomato and onion slices, a patty, cover and serve. Since this recipe is not spicy, this could be on your menu for your child’s birthday party.
    2. Place this patty in between buttered brown/multigrain bread loaves with lettuce, cucumber-tomato-onion slices and prepare a nice sandwich.
    3. Prepare small size patties and serve as appetizers or snacks.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!