Page 384 of 389 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 3888

Thread: Kugan's Kitchen Part 7

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Hi all... long time.... nice to see the hub kala kala with suvai... Looks like K has been away for a long time now... Hope to see her back in the hub soon...
    Good to see you back, it has been years! Hope all is well with you! How is dieting going
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sangeethabalaji View Post

Any vegetarians out there who have achieved muscle mass and fat reduction in body?

Naama irukumla

1) Ask him to go on Liquid Protein Diet

* Whey Protein
    * Casein (pure milk Protein)
    * Pea Protein
    * Soya protein

Liquid Protein digest sooner and has a less Carbs to Protein ratio, compared to Solid protein.

2) Ask him to pump iron! Weight training increases your metabolic rate, while resting (sleeping). While Cardio
    Only burns calories while you work out. If one loses weight purely by Cardio, once you lose weight. You will get loose skin hanging; hence Weight training is a must to tone up!

3) Ask him to drink 2 litres of water a day

4) Avoid Salt!

5) ask him to go gym and train at least 5 times a day!

6) Avoid alcohol

Sangeetha akka

For further info, please see this topic I have started under the name of Raghu!

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...reaks-out-here
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 9th May 2014 at 06:31 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

4. Thanks uwitiusoj thanked for this post
    Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post

Vegetable Burger

Ingredients: (Makes 4)
    2 large potatoes; boiled, peeled and mashed,
    1 cup boiled peas and carrots (in small pieces),
    1-2 cheese cubes,
    1 tsp red chilli flakes (paprika),
    1/2 tsp dry mixed herbs,
    1/2 cup + 2 tbsp fresh and coarse bread crumbs,
    Salt and pepper to taste,
    Oil or butter for frying.

Method:
    Heat oil for frying in a pan (you can choose to deep fry the patties in a wok). Mix together all the other ingredients in a bowl (exclude the 1/2 cup bread crumbs). Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, roll each into a ball and then flatten them a little. Spread the bread crumbs in a flat dish, place each patty onto them, flatten them further by pressing them in the bread crumbs. Flip and coat them well with bread crumbs from the other side as well as the edges. Prepare all the patties in the similar way and then fry them on medium flame till crisp and golden-brown from both the sides.

Serving Suggestions:
    1. This patty is ideal for burgers. So get those burger buns, spread mayonnaise, mustard paste, place lettuce leaves, tomato and onion slices, a patty, cover and serve. Since this recipe is not spicy, this could be on your menu for your child’s birthday party.
    2. Place this patty in between buttered brown/multigrain bread loaves with lettuce, cucumber-tomato-onion slices and prepare a nice sandwich.
    3. Prepare small size patties and serve as appetizers or snacks.
    Super !

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks suvai. i am such a big fan of this forum. I will for sure try all the recipes posted by you all if not immediately within few days. I have never been such loyal to any site. step by step pic, video va vida neenga kodukara instructions thaan best.

oh combining 2 keerais is a gud idea too.

this recipe turned out good with the red amarnath leaves

I am so glad dev told that she will post some recipes when ever she can.

dev the links u give for some recipes were also good i have tried many , its like master chef giving certificates. so pls do post whenever u get time.
    Last edited by sangeethabalaji; 17th May 2014 at 09:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    everyone pls forgive me past month i was chatting a lot over the phone vetti aratais, and could not come to the forum often. two close friend of mine are pregnant at the same time too so ore aratais. lot of things pending due to this new habit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Naama irukumla

1) Ask him to go on Liquid Protein Diet

* Whey Protein
    * Casein (pure milk Protein)
    * Pea Protein
    * Soya protein

Liquid Protein digest sooner and has a less Carbs to Protein ratio, compared to Solid protein.

2) Ask him to pump iron! Weight training increases your metabolic rate, while resting (sleeping). While Cardio
    Only burns calories while you work out. If one loses weight purely by Cardio, once you lose weight. You will get loose skin hanging; hence Weight training is a must to tone up!

3) Ask him to drink 2 litres of water a day

4) Avoid Salt!

6) Avoid alcohol

Sangeetha akka

For further info, please see this topic I have started under the name of Raghu!

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...reaks-out-here
    thanks PS thanmby. good to see you back. my husband has this gnc protein powder, but never heard of liquid protein. from the link given by you looks like you are or were a gym instructor . i just glanced the link lot of exercise discussion , will go through in detail later.

but do pls keep posting abt health and food related stuffs when ever you get time, i do read and follow them.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "thanks suvai. i am such a big fan of this forum. I will for sure try all the recipes posted by you all if not immediately within few days. I have never been such loyal to any site. step by step pic, video va vida neenga kodukara instructions thaan best."

sorry dont know how to quote paathi message...lol so i copied & pasted sangeetha.

Glad you are enjoying this forum

hahahah ....pic video va vida en instructions best??....sareeyapochi .....recipe try pannitu sollunga if instructions were good nu....okyaa!!....hope u r keeping well...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iniki i tried something different with muttai kose.....though not a fan of it...do the regular poriyal with it

oil...kadugu...ulutham parrupu....sivanthathum....oru vara milagaai & karuvepillai....then cut cabbage....medium / slow fire la nalla thirupunga....add turmeric & little perungayam....stir again....dont sprinkle water....but cover & cook by adding salt....apo apo paarthukonga....ozhunga vegaraaraa nu okyaa...( engaluku crunchya iruntha pidikum ) so glazed look vanthathum......chinna vengayam....fine ah naruki podunga...oru pachai milagaayum round round ah cut panni poddunga....ithu rendum enkita cut panninathil konjam meethi irunthathaal potten.......nalla thirupi vidunga...ellaam onna sernthu "hello" sollanum.......then add.........(lime) konjam pizhinjikonga....switch off & keep it covered....for a bit....taste panni paarunga...pidichithaanu ezhuthunga....(maybe not all will like this.....but we did )...it went well with chapathi parupu rasam

11. Thanks uwitiusoj thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    You mean 5 times a week? If he goes 5 times a day he will be a skeleton in no time !

netrikkaN thirandhaalum kutraam kutramE !
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sangeethabalaji View Post
    thanks PS thanmby. good to see you back. my husband has this gnc protein powder
    Don't try that powder , I tried it before , we have a store near my office, their brand is not that good!
    I buy from here myprotein.co.uk ( I am not sure if they will deliver to US )
    I drink about 50g of liquid protein for BF, then a snack(Fruit/nut) then again another Protein shake, then for lunch salad/pasta then around tea time another protein shake, then for dinner some protein food again like ( soya, Dal soup)
    Make sure he drinks loads of water, and stay away from salt.
    This is the liquid Protein I drink It is 100% condensed milk
    http://www.activesportsnutrition.co....FZQZtAod5zoAbg
    I am still a Gym Instructor (P/T) and full time software developer! But I enjoy the gym more
    There are lots of posts about food and nutrition on the healthy living thread on this food sections please go through them
    Ok, now the above advice requires consultation fee, all payments must be send to Kailash !

14. Thanks uwitiusoj thanked for this post