My take:

For the masses currently enjoying GVP, Imaan, Harris' hits, this album will definitely sound impressive as it's musically rich and has some grandeur in it. For the rest of us, the songs are unfortunately stale. The dwijavathi's, pooriya dhanashree's, vasantha's... we have heard them before. They only give the deja vu feeling as someone wrote above. Where are you the daring, innovative ARR? Miss you terribly in this album..

The HCARR fans can only take solace in the fact that the album is much better than the previous Rajni-ARR combos. The songs will grow on them as I don't see any other musically attractive album of the this caliber being churned by anyone else these days. But my worry is: the cartoonish picturisation may spoil everything. So.. relish the songs till the movie released. At the sametime, hope that I am wrong about the movie turning to be comical for the wrong reasons, but actually is liked by everyone and the songs become chartbusters.. Still it won't change my personal disappointment thought. I guess I'll wait for some innovations/experimentations in the next ARR album, and sincerely hope that he hasn't plateaued.