Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dharun Ravi Trial - The Myth and The Facts

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    asking a 18 year old to spend years in prison for a stupid prank is inhumane.
    cloaking it under american culture is even worse.
    what more when there are more questions than answers.
    As I said nov , its hard to understand how things work in civilized society compare to a third world society.
    stupid prank ?? lets say for argument sake, he spied on a female instead of this poor (18year old kid) who ended his life in shame over a stupid act he performed with his lover in private was made public?
    you guys will be arguing in the same fashion ? If you guys say yes. I rest my case.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 28th March 2012 at 11:13 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    stop your condescending view.. I don't live in a third world society.
    and even those who live in such a society need not be less intelligent than many in the so called first world countries.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Neel D's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    did you watch bill maher show last week?
    did you watch the coverage on MSNBC of this case??
    No, I didn't. How did they swing it?

Post Thanks / Like
    stop your condescending view.. I don't live in a third world society.
    and even those who live in such a society need not be less intelligent than many in the so called first world countries.
    again you mis-understood my point ! living in a third world .. is not a bad thing. infact I myself was born in a third world country (india). I have traveled / worked in more than 1/2 dozen countries.
    I was referring to the tolerance level for these kind of cases in third world countries are higher than that of a developed countries. No pun intended I am sure you know me by now comeon give me some credit I say
    Last edited by Dilbert; 28th March 2012 at 11:16 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neel D View Post
    No, I didn't. How did they swing it?
    just like what you guys are arguing here.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    I signed the petition to favor Dharun Ravi!
    Link to the petition pls.
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a prank. Not a crime.

I am wondering what led Clementi to suicide. Logic tells it cannot be Ravi because Clementi invited his friend a second time. Not something a fearful guy would do.
    What was in the last letter he wrote? Why wasnt it publicised?

I am deducing that Clementi was led to suicide because of something that happened between him and his lover OR because of his mother's rejection.

Media, parents, friends are all eager for a finger to point and Ravi is the softest target.
    Ravi is a &&^%$ idiot, but I dont think he is the one who drove Clementi to his suicide.
    Pranks condoned do have the potential to turn into crimes!Nip in the bud is the proverb! Any number of 'pranks' we come to hear today are just beastly perversions! Esp. in college campuses!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its difficult for people to understand this is whole student culture in america, unless you lived through it. As per me he has to pay this price. Liberal media is swinging this story other way around.. just like they did for casey anthony lets see..whether this gamble pays off..
    Yes, our elders had the habit of shooting one crow and hanging it above 'meat vadagam' hung in the sun, to scare away other crows which come to devour the drying meat pieces.
    Fear rules better, maintains order better than dear words! All down the history of human civilisation. I shudder to think of student culture in America. I shed tears of blood to see the mad pursuit of the American dream by the young generation. The freedom preached is as damaging to the growing kids as unprotected saplings exposed to predating herbivores. What is freedom? How free is anyone to do anything? Where are the strings of moral responsibility? When they are strong the offspring's happy growth as a good, productive, accountable individual is guaranteed.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    again you mis-understood my point ! living in a third world .. is not a bad thing. infact I myself was born in a third world country (india). I have traveled / worked in more than 1/2 dozen countries.
    I was referring to the tolerance level for these kind of cases in third world countries are higher than that of a developed countries. No pun intended I am sure you know me by now comeon give me some credit I say
    Very well said. But with globalisation mindsets, trends are losing differences in 1st, 2nd, 3rd worlds. Aping only the ugly aspects is easy and fast! Present parenting concepts are very poor and shortsighted. Too lenient! Spare the rod and spoil the child. With all the wonderful, rich opportunities given to the kids we have no dearth of whiz kids, so brilliant, so remarkably intelligent. But what is the use of having too many spoilt brats wrecking the total health of an aspiring society?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
    Link to the petition pls.
    https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...paign=shorturl

If they can collect more than 25000 signatures before mid-April, then the White House will respond to the petition. (You just need to give your name and email address at the white house website to create an a/c first).
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast