Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any JK Rowling / Harry Potter fans there?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any JK Rowling / Harry Potter fans there?

Hi,

I see JKR being mentioned occasionally in the 'Favourite books' topic. Can we discuss more about Rowling's classic series and Harry Potter characters?

Now that, the first 3 books have been made into movies and fourth one is releasing this November, we can discuss about the movies as well.

I know Blahblah is a fan of Rowling. Anybody else? Share yr favourite quotes, scenes, your predictions on how the series will end ( will Harry survive!!) , who will marry who et al.
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in!
    I love Harry Potter and have read all the books a few times each. Have queued up to watch the movies too. The first one was incredible. Was fun seeing visuals of what we had imagined from the book.

The second time around, we knew what to expect, so it was less thrilling. Many were saying the third was better - I dont know about that.

Now waiting fro Half Blood Prince and the 4th movie. Cant imagine how the very thick book is going to be condensed into a 2.5 hour movie!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi NOV,

Thx for joining in. By the way, yr avtaar reminds me of 'Mirror of Erised'. What does it mean actually?

As you said, the first 2 movies were very faithful adaptations of the books but you must watch the 3 rd one which was very different and visually rich. ( The Official DVD is also out).

JKR's publishers have announced that the 6th book is 672 pages long and will have 30-31 chapters. That wil make a good, long read.

I have read each of the book atleast 5 times and every time I find something new in them. 8)

How do you think JK will end the series? Will Harry survive? Who is yr favourite character and why??

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was another Harry Potter thread in the literature column? If this too is moved thee will be two of them then.

Anyway,the next book is supposed to be released in July[17th?].I have read all the other books repeatedly and this won't be an exception. .I am damn addicted to the thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi BlahBlah (what a name!!),

I couldn't find Harry Potter in Eng lit section. Anyway, we can discuss both the books and the movies together here.

Who's is yr fav. character?

How do u reckon the series will end??

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say who my favourite character is!May be I have to decide between Dumbledore and Hermione.
    The series will probably end with both Voldemort and Dumbledore dying and Harry becoming an Auror or the Defence Against Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've read all the HP books as well (upto Order of the Phoenix).....jus can't wait til the next bookz released! Also bought VCDs of Cos & PoA.....personally tho I find the book stories more exciting than the ones in the movies.....they cut sum really exciting bits in the movies tat u read in the books.....
    Btw, there was a rumour tat JKR is gonna finish off Ron in the nxt book?!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too am a HP and JKR fan. And like most of u have read all her books and yes repeatedly.
    My Fav char is Ron. Some how he seems very real to me, so my heart just goes out to him.
    As for the how the series wil end no doubt Harry will kill Vol ( u know who ) , like - the triumph of good over evil.
    Half blood prince - ...mm I guess it will be a new char not introduced so far in the first 5 books.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Snape is the coolest teacher at Hogwarts. He is tough, and won't allow slacking. I love quittege. It was a wonderfully thought up sport. What do you guys think about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Snape?? You definitely have a very different taste!

My fav. character has always been Hermione. I too think Jo cannot end the series with a tragic end, good must triumph over evil and Voldy is gonna die! Will be very disappointing if she kills both Harry and Voldy in the last book.

Who do you think is going to kick the bucket in the sixth book? My bet is Lupin.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast