Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Pandian - Karthi - Anushka - Santhanam - DSP - Suraaj

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arun555 View Post
    Karthi agreed laa ungalukku enna avoloo varutham...Ivar nadichathey 6 padam i think so,Athula 2 hit aagiduchu....Mathathu 2 ok 2 sethathu ..Ivar ennamo 40 padagalai thaandi,Pala vetri koodutha maathuri feel pandreenga....Ellarukkum naan mass,All ready pass tuu ninappu varum athu maari thaan ivarukkum vathuruchu....Athu naala vandi kavuthuruchuu....

Bro Dont worry be happy............
    Agree. I shouldn't have worried. He is just like other heroes who delivers masala craps for 90% of the movies. But since he is at the initial stages of his career and has talent (which he proved in his first and second film), he need not go that way. He has potential unlike other pure masala stars.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post

Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since it is Studio Green's production "Ithu thaan sontha kasula suniyam vachikiratha?"

Senior Member Senior Hubber mareen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cineworld unlimited card and been advised to avoid this movie even at no cost.
    Supports VJ's new beginning

Oru Nal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZLrR9jfUc

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alex Pandian
    Written & Directed by Suraj
    Produced by K. E. Gnanavelraja
    Banner :Studio Green
    Music : Devi Sri Prasad
    Cast : Karthi, Anushka Shetty, Santhanam, Visu, Prathap Porthan, Suman, Saravanan, 3 sisters & huge lot of sidekicks

This movie is a classic exemple of the pressure due to competition. The pressure is not only with respect to collection in parent state, but distributing and gaining sucess in the other territories, notable Andra and Kerela. Gone were the days where the sucess was determined with the number of days run. Now all it counts is who is N° 1 in releasing them in the above mentioned states. Now that hella of a pressure made a team lead by Suraj to make a movie. Keeping in mind the draw Karthi has in TN, they decided to convince the other state audiences. A cheap gamble.

The story is a Paragraph full with the sentences being the one line plot of several Telugu movies. Good Idea, why remake a whole film and get a bad name, as it will be called "copy". Instead, take just the one liners, no questions asked. Simadhiri, Pokiri, Sainakudu, hitler and many more telugu moviesare the veins and nerves of Alex Pandian.

Alex Pandian is a local goon who does anything for money. He gets a irresistable offer to Kidnap the TN CM's daughter. He does so, but in the process of keeping her with him, he realises his mistake by analysing the motives of the baddies. Now he not only saves the CMs daughter from the clutches of the badies, but also teaches them a lesson by killing them !

First thing first to all the negative comments : This movie is a typical "masala" movie. We hear it often, but what is a masala movie. Its nothing but a movie comming under "exploitation" category, where you have all the necessary elements to sustain the viewers attention. It has something for each and every viewer. Translated as "masala" in TFI, Alex Pandiann is a typical "masala" movie. No compramise in that. The movie has not failed in its genre, its the people who are sorting out to look for art material in its content.

Secondly, I dont say that Alex Pandian is a movie watchable. I thrashed Siruthai which became a hit. Same goes with this movie too. But rest assured that we have seen movies even worst than this !

The much talked about comedy is nothing but Gentleman movie sytle humour. Enjoyable, but for how long ?
    Karthi has tried his hands on dance, but still does steps a second before or after the rest. He looks confident and charming as usual.
    Anuksha, eventhough does not get a decent screentime, is pretty and her moves are still sincilating.
    Where Suraj extremely fails is the presentation of the movie in "Perasu" Still. The fast editing, the close up / far up shots, loud sound irritates you. Spl mention to dialogues.

Alex Pandian - only by name
    Last edited by mappi; 14th January 2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mareen View Post
    I have a cineworld unlimited card and been advised to avoid this movie even at no cost.
    Lol. Heard it is not good. Plus very limited shows in Cineworld! (not suprised)
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was talking to relatives today and one said this film show got cancelled in Karaikal at a day where the management found only one or two people made it. Not sure how far this info is true.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Was talking to relatives today and one said this film show got cancelled in Karaikal at a day where the management found only one or two people made it. Not sure how far this info is true.
    I don't know about Karaikal, but in general, you got to screen the show even if it is for 1 person. I dont want to get into details, but a cancelled show due to poor audience reponse can bring huge problems from the association or the govt body backing up theatres.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    I don't know about Karaikal, but in general, you got to screen the show even if it is for 1 person. I dont want to get into details, but a cancelled show due to poor audience reponse can bring huge problems from the association or the govt body backing up theatres.
    எழுத்துல படிக்கிறதுக்கு நல்லாத்தான் இருக்கு. ஆனால் செயல்பாட்டில் எந்த அளவுக்கு ஒத்துப் போகுதுன்னு தெரியல.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering how bad the audio launch was for this movie, there is nothing surprising about the reports the movie's getting. I had been to the audio launch back in Chennai and I found the whole function to be torturous. Wrt theatres not screening movies due to poor response, I remember a show getting cancelled for ' Woman in Black' in Devi. I guess Sathyam doesn't do it. Probably it's the only theatre in chennai that goes ahead with a screening even if there is a very poor turnout.
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 16th January 2013 at 04:15 AM.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast