Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Sivaji Ganesan to the younger generation

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV, I admit but my point was to make them visit frequently. But with you and Rakesh there to streamline it, I am sure the interest will be sustained!

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interestingly when I watched this movie as a kid , almost everyone came down heavily on this movie. Sivaji's acting was dubbed as loud and garish and termed as 'overacting'. I shared that opinion too as I was a kid and knew nothing better.

Recently when I watched this movie again, I was spell bound. So perfect was the histrionic talent of the great thespian chevalier Sivaji.

Right from the first frame of the movie until the very end Sivaji delivers. No words to describe his talent. The nine stars of this movie are for Sivaji and Sivaji alone. This movie is an instructive lesson in acting.
    The above quote is from young fan. Guess the movie....
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    common misconceptions about Sivaji among younger generation (of 90's, 00's, 10's)

overacting, over emotional, cliched, always crying etc.,

i think reason for these are partly due to the cliched mimicry artists (the select films they do for mimicking Sivaji), other actors who tried to ape of Sivaji's emotional scenes acting (most famous is that Sumathyyyyyyyy scene from Thrisoolam)
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread Velan if the younger generation wants to take a dip in the Shivaji Ocean, they should not shy away from watching black and white films.. i strongly believe the best of Shivaji Ganesan movies were black and white

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you smoke a cigarette and also sing a full song and enjoy both without compromise?
    Watch "yaar andha nilavu" song in the film "Shanthi"
    Watch how much time he has got to take the cigarette to his lips and then to take back.. still he would do that with ease, without hurrying, enjoying the puff and most importantly would not miss the timing of the lyrics.. you've got to watch to believe that

Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ennadhu introducing'a?
    appo naan yeng illayaa??

nov, oru korikkai...
    for all the must watch movies, it would be good if you guys share any good online print/good quality torrent...
    i mean only the must watch movies... and rate with 5 stars if possible

and i like b/w movies too... adhula irukkura oru vidhamaana color enakku pudikkum...
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV;816681[B
    1999 [/B]– His last film, at the age of 71 was Padaiyappa where he acted as the father of Rajni Kanth.
    I think the finishin note was good enough..
    where he dies with pride even in the movie as well...

otoh, there is another observation...
    while Kamal and Rajini who had Sivaji to do the father roles in DevarMagan and Padayappa, they showed him fall dead, and there follows a funeral scene... on the screen they fulfilled their wish to kolli vechufying as his son...
    last week when i watched dhaavani kanavugal... the movie by itself sounded like a tribute to SG...
    while he was introduced, there was a title card saying nanri to SG something...
    and KBR intentionally does not show Sivaji dead and he did avoid the complete sequence... and in the last shot when he was shown, he was shown as Nethaji in the mirror with a immortal look there is another title card... he wisely avoided any sequence which says he dies, as he chose make his character to be remembered as immortal with the nethaji's face.

anybody noticed?
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    nov, oru korikkai...
    for all the must watch movies, it would be good if you guys share any good online print/good quality torrent...
    i mean only the must watch movies... and rate with 5 stars if possible

and i like b/w movies too... adhula irukkura oru vidhamaana color enakku pudikkum...
    enakku 60s padangalOda eastman color romba pidikkum.
    altho I agree with ganesh on the superiority of the b/w movies, I would like to introduce some color movies such as Gouravam, Thanga Pathakkam, Enga Mama, etc.

on torrents, sorry I only watch on TV. Its very easy to get in India and very cheap too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indhiyaala illaadha anbargalukkaaga.
    Sach is Life..

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast