Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Introducing Sivaji Ganesan to the younger generation

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Raghu, there are other movies at that era that's worth revisiting
    Pls name a few, I loved movie of NT which featured song "poo POle un punagayil" by Dr.SPB. Majestic acting by NT as a helpless father!

Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Dr. Siva is a jujube movie for NT
    yes, and I felt such films are an insult to NT
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my f av song
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    today's generation would prefer subtle acting like in Enga Mama, Andha Naal, Bale Pandiya, Aalaya Mani, Selvam, Uyarndha Manidhan, etc.
    Billa 2 superhitAm indha generation youthnAla. andha mAdhiri yEdhAvadhu paNNi irukkArA ungALU?

Senior Member Regular Hubber Mahesh_K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Billa 2 superhitAm indha generation youthnAla. andha mAdhiri yEdhAvadhu paNNi irukkArA ungALU?
    Ippa thaan Karnan mathiri 'lite' roll ellam panna arambichi, konjam school pasangalai cover panni irukkaru. innum kojam mechurity vanthathukku appuram youth kavar pannra mathiri patam pannuvarunnu ninakkiRen.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he shd choose his scripts targetting the youth in the future...
    Sach is Life..

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why Karnan is a must-watch for youths of today:

1. Introduction to one of our greatest literary arts. My children's interest in Mahabharatham is renewed and we are going to the bookshop tomorrow.

2. A lesson on majestic acting and why sometimes an actor has to perform larger-than-life. Sivaji lives the role of Karnan and if even the original Karnan appears on earth, we will not believe its him!
    Excellent support by the rest of the cast. Even the role of Saguni is so apt - you can see deceit and cunningness on his face when he speaks.
    Krishna role, is immortalised by Rama Rao. His acting and voice is calm and contained but forceful. When he shows his viswaroopam, we are stunned!

3. Songs that are soothing to the ear and also extremely meaningful. One example: heroine meets hero by accident and then they part. her thoughts are still with him. Kavignar converts that feeling in just seven words!!! kangal engE nenjamum engE, kandapOdhu sendrana angE
    I admit that songs come often and sometimes even one after another, but they will not bore you. I am very sure that the previous generation would protest if any of the songs are removed.

4. Amazing screenplay - how can such an elaborate part of Mahabharatha be contained in just 3 hours?! The right mix of story is told moving the film forward. Once Krishna enters, the story moves at jet speed. One cannot afford to miss any portion of the movie or will lose the plot.

5. Awesome re-creation without the aid of technology - to be seen to be believed.

Karnan - DO NOT MISS watching on the big-screen!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Date: This Saturday 4 August 2012
    Time: 7.30pm
    Place: Murasu TV

NOT TO BE MISSED
    Taking the viewer to new heights!
    Sivaji Ganesan as the antagonist in this espionage drama!
    Remember that it was barely his second movie!
    Suspense uninterrupted, as there are no songs!
    Do not miss!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I introduced Sivaji's old movies to my wife starting with some of my favorites [ She hasn't seen much of Tamil cinema before 1990s as she was brought up in another state]. Needless to say she liked fun movies like Galatta Kalyanan, Sabash meena etc. Need to scan this thread and let her watch some of the best movies.
    Last edited by selvakumar; 30th November 2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112