Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Sivaji Ganesan to the younger generation

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a timing! Now you can watch Sivaji's extravaganza - the original of Rajni Kanth's Thalapathy - on the big screen!!!

Sivaji Ganesan epic to hit big screen again

Five decades after its release, Sivaji Ganesan’s magnum opus Karnan is set to wow audiences all over again. This time aided by technology.

Karnan has become the first Tamil film, and the third in the country, to be digitally re-touched.
    Mughal-e-Azam (Hindi) and Mayabazar (Telugu) are the first two.

The digitally enhanced version of Karnan is expected to hit the screens in about two weeks. Trailer release has been slated for February 21.

“Karnan is a movie I grew up with. I wanted the present generation to inculcate its values. That is the basic idea in re-releasing the film,” said Shanthi Chokkalingam of Divya Films.

The digital enhancement has taken about three years. Technicians used digital intermediate technology and converted it to scope format to suit theatres of today. DTS 5.1 surround technology has been employed to improve sound quality of the film.

That the year is centenary of Karnan director B.R. Panthulu is nothing but “providential coincidence”.

“We hope to re-release the film worldwide and in at least 50 theatres in the state,” said Shanthi.

For younger-generation Sivaji fans such as Madhuvanthi Arun, the re-release is a rare opportunity. “I have watched it umpteen times, but always regretted the fact that I could not watch my all-time favourite Karnan on bigger screen in all its grandeur. I think this is fantastic,” she said.
    I can't wait to watch it on big screen!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    uLLEn aiyya!
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    What a timing! Now you can watch Sivaji's extravaganza - the original of Rajni Kanth's Thalapathy - on the big screen!!!

I can't wait to watch it on big screen!
    Same here Hope it releases in good screens.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balaji,

Don't worry. If all goes well, Karnan would be getting screened at Shanthi, Sangam, Sathyam and Kamala. As of now the Charting is like this. Again it depends on the release date in the sense, the distributor is eyeing the window between March 15th and April 14th. March is a month of examinations and post April 14th, new films and IPL are there. So they are trying their level best to overcome both these odds.

Regards

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    last week when i watched dhaavani kanavugal... the movie by itself sounded like a tribute to SG...
    while he was introduced, there was a title card saying nanri to SG something...
    "இமயத்தோடு இணைவதில் பெருமையடைகிறோம்"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love his lighthearted movies more than his serious ones. Kalatta kalyanam, Sabash meena, Thaavani kanavugal, Sumathi en sundari (thanks to Saradha's intro post in NT thread for this one) etc. I have seen more movies after reading the posts in the NT thread.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selva.. I was going to recoomend some of his light films first....

Murali, will Karnan enjoy a worldwide release (adhavadhu malaysia la release aagumaa?)
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber vasudevan31355's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    வரப்போகும் சூரியனே! எங்கள் மாமன்னன் கர்ணனே! வருக! வருக!

அன்புடன்,
    வாசுதேவன்.
    Last edited by vasudevan31355; 20th February 2012 at 09:28 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber vasudevan31355's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

அன்புடன்,
    வாசுதேவன்.
    Last edited by vasudevan31355; 20th February 2012 at 09:44 AM.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Selva.. I was going to recoomend some of his light films first....

Murali, will Karnan enjoy a worldwide release (adhavadhu malaysia la release aagumaa?)
    It is going to be a world wide release. May be it will release in Tamilnadu first and later other states/countries screening would be taken up. As of now the person who had done this, Mr.Chokkalingam has been given only the rights for theatrical release in TN. Raj TV, the negative owner has not given the other rights, it seems. Anyhow while I attend the function tomorrow, will try to get some info on this.

Regards

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast