Page 119 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1360

Thread: Super Star RAJINIKANTH IN AS Kochadaiyaan || ARR|| Directed by Soundarya Rajnikanth

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    omega: சும்மா இஷ்டத்துக்கு ஒளறக்கூடாது. சங்கர் மெஹா ப்ளாப் கொடுத்தாருனு எவன் சொன்னான் உமக்கு?
    ஏன் உங்களுக்கு தெரியாதா? நம்ம அண்ணன் ராசாராம்தான் கூவிக்குன்னு இருந்தாரு, இப்ப ஷங்கர் வந்து காப்பாத்தனும்னா வேற என்னத்த சொல்ல?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber BM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Movie is watchable. They could have reduced the number of songs and increased the storytelling time. Watching "Super Star" title card in 3D alone is enough for my ticket's worth.

4. Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched this movie on Saturday evening at Golden Village cinemas in Singapore. Cinema was about 70-80% full. Yes, as we've heard countless times, the animation is lacking. There is something about the eyes that makes the characters feel souless and lifeless. Anyway, closeup shots are commendable.

*SPOILERS* The movie itself had a regular revenge storyline. SSR was fantastic as both Rana and Kochadaiiyaan though my personal favourite is the latter. Nagesh or more precisely whoever played him was splendid and the other actors sufficient. Special mention for dialogues (Especially SSR dialogues) and BGM. A nag I had with the film were the unrealistic action sequences, especially flying horses. I understand its a SSR movie and we got to suspend disbelief but the movie from early on already had been underfire and labelled as a kids movie. Such sequences just cement that sentiment. An example would be SSR's intro, where he jumps with 2 horses and the carriage across a valley hundreds of meters apart.

The ending left is wide open for a sequel. If KSR is brought back on along with ARR and a much larger budget, it could word. However, seeing the BO reports thus far, it seems unlikely a sequel will be made.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The movie is pretty bad. Lackluster animation, poor voice lip syncing, the lack of colorful characters and atmosphere. There are redeeming qualities though. Even though the animation wasn't great there were some parts that really looked good. So when it suddenly becomes good for a short time and then switch back to being poor you could really see the difference. The costumes did look pretty good. The animation on it along with the vibrant and colorful look was pretty impressive. I don't understand why they couldn't have done the same for the background environment. It just looked so empty and dull. Only during the song sequences did it change to more colorful and appealing to the eyes. I know the budget was limited but I feel like they could have done lot better than this with 125 crore.
    Even though the graphics didn't impress much but the facial motion capture was pretty good up to a certain point. It wasn't really that grand but it did what it was supposed to do. However it was only really evident in certain people. Not sure what was going on there. It didn't really feel like a motion caption at work on Rajini but it was evident on Nasar.

Fine let's forget about the technical aspect of it; the story and the screenplay was a really big let down. It was not engaging at all. I could guess every scene before it happened. Every scene has been done before in other masala movies but in different settings. No real character development or character arcs. Some characters just come and go. What's the point of Sarath's character and the whole side plot with him. That went nowhere. We don't even see him after that little scene. Although I gotta say, that was a one badass princess but unfortunately she did nothing else after that first fight. she became just a little plot convenience afterward.

I am sorry for being so negative but I really wanted this movie to be good. That's what frustrates me. I hope they don't give up on these type of movies after this though. They just need to find a way to improve on this and maybe focus on the characters and story as much as they focus on the technical parts of it.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanker View Post
    The ending left is wide open for a sequel. If KSR is brought back on along with ARR and a much larger budget, it could word. However, seeing the BO reports thus far, it seems unlikely a sequel will be made.
    The movie really didn't need a sequel. They should have made it a one big movie.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cm123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM View Post
    Movie is watchable. They could have reduced the number of songs and increased the storytelling time. Watching "Super Star" title card in 3D alone is enough for my ticket's worth.
    I missed it..Unfortunately it is only 2D in Singapore, seems all 3D screens are occupied by Godzilla and X-Men.

Post Thanks / Like
    It has done well in Singapore so far. NOV, how is the response in Malaysia?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cm123 View Post
    I missed it..Unfortunately it is only 2D in Singapore, seems all 3D screens are occupied by Godzilla and X-Men.
    Apologies for going OT but X Men was amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    As an animation movie, the story has to be simple. So I don't see any issues with Story and screenplay. In fact, they are the plus points for the movie.

Animation quality and too many songs are the only negative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cm123 View Post
    No point in watching it 3D. Except for the Rajini's name which looked amazing, there was no 3D in the movie.
    - Robert H. Goddard