Page 102 of 136 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1360

Thread: Super Star RAJINIKANTH IN AS Kochadaiyaan || ARR|| Directed by Soundarya Rajnikanth

Post Thanks / Like
    not trying to bash....but the graphics from my Xbox 360 look much better.

Complete let down. Don't feel like watching thalaivar movie for the first time

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    கோச்சடையான் ட்ரைலர்.. 3 நாட்களில் இரண்டு மில்லியன் பார்வையாளர்கள்!

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news...er-195503.html

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Kochadaiiyaan in par with Platform Games ?
    (Views are entirely mine and its not a reply to any individual. Its just a note on the most recurring question about Kochadaiiyaan)

The answer is very simple, NO. Just beacause its a "No", it does not mean that its not worth. I did come across some amazing critisms - one even went on to say "Embarasing moment in Indian Cinema". Well, we all are not interested in everyone being interested over a same thing, are we ?

Before speaking another word, I would like to inform you that I am not supporting Kochadaiiyaan mindlessly or just for the sake of it. I am a Sony Maniac and just like acheivements in XBOX you have Platinums trophies system in PS3/PS4. I have 72 platinums, ie., I have played 100% (including DLC) of 72 games. I own 124 platform games in PS series and Vista, not to mention other computer games. So I am well aware of the graphics we are talking about, BUT just did not bother to compare it with Kochadaiiyaan as I understand that its wrong.

Comparing is healthy when the samples taken are on the same level. The fisrt game (for PS2 & XBOX) done using mocap was Prince of Perisia. So think, should Kochadaiyaan, the 1st in TFI, should be compared with Thief that released last month. Does Kochadaiiyann merit this calibre ?

Platform gaming is a huge buisness. Its a sector where dedicated technicians work round the clock in a reowned studios. They are led by gaint enterprises who govern the market. Let me give you an exemple how big they are - 007 legends - They informed Activision that the next Bond contract is not with them - Boom - the game was removed from the steam server and now the game is available in a dollar shop. At the same time look at how Rockstar promoted GTA V - the 1st day sales would give you an idea.

Kochadaiiyaan's budget is peanuts before these platform games production cost. Plus it was made by a handful of Indians using an alien technology (alein to TFI) all by themselves. They got to travel to different studios to get out thier 3D models. Whereas, companies like UBISOFT has teams working globally where the development is broken into parts and assembled/coded in few corners of the world, not to mention the ownership of copyrights and other studio related materials. Moreover, Kochadaiiyan is a first attempt where TFI is going by the chinese saying - to move a moutain you got start stone by stone. Just drawing it beside another well established and healthy industry is absurd.

The basic idea itself is new for us. Not that we don't know, just that we don't have enough experienced resource. Its not like a regular motion picture. Here, the development happens with an idea and the imaginary visuals of the director (or ghost director). We are not used to such thought process. Ask any film maker in TFI to talk about his/her movies. They cannot describe it. Thats why I insist in taking our films to various festivals, as there they ask the film makers those questions he is not exposed to, not like our meida asking how many intiamte scenes are there in the movie ! So with all these new avenues and discovery process, Kochadaiiyaann is definitely a welcome attempt. Just like Prince of Persia still holding the prime spot in MOCAP technology used in gaming platforms even after 25 years, Kochadaiyaan will have the same place in TFI in 2040 where a highly advanced mocap film from TFI will give its respects to.

I am aware that we are late, but happy that we are almost there.

An individual watching a movie or not is his right, I am just pointing out the reason stated is not right. Choice is yours.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

5. Likes rsubras, uruzalari liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    avaraa aasappattaa seiraaru...
    petthakkadan...

oru penpuraaa..............
    good one!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    mappi
    softsword

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mappi sir Don't sweat it ! We can keep saying its a good first attempt or accept the truth , we (as indians) don't have it in us to compete at global level. Money is a key factor agreed but Money is not the only thing we lack.

Back to Coachhaadaaiyaann as a project is executed by a rich girl the one which dreamt while she was playing with her princess doll house.

ARR Garu as usual did a great service by providing us with this album , to lower our expectations even further down. Its amazing how we can add superlatives to individuals
    at drop of our hats without understanding the merit it carries. For me Except Karma Veran everything else is kind of mashed up sambar rice and potato fries, taste depends on what you bite. Comfort food for some , disgusting looking for others. oh even Queen's own personal symphony wouldn't have saved this album.( Last ARR period album which I liked/loved was Laagan , this is no where near that.)

Not sure why there is such rush to release this movie, when RBI has extended its deadline till Jan of next year.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    ( Last ARR period album which I liked/loved was Laagan , this is no where near that.)
    haHA, Dilbert, we meet again with Laagan ... but this time we take it a bit slow and steady and enjoy the discussion.

Lagaan and Kochadaiyaan are period films, agreed. They have chronicles picked up here and there, agreed. But the major difference is Kochadaiyaan goes a bit beyond and takes the Fantasy chair. So, IMO, Lagaan OST cannot be equal to Kochadaiiyaan OST.

We have just listened to the music, I have still not completed, there are 3 more to go and I am a bit hooked with Karma Veeran for sometime now, that I am not able to put it in words yet. Breifly put, being a fan of music (and IR) as well as being the first to appreciate ARR works, I tend to get the dream thorough his Music. Yes its cheesy at parts, but concluding it before seeing it with the visuals is a bit far fetched. We have to give them space before cornerning them. Kochadaiyaan team have not yet fully expressed, and I feel we are not allowing them to.

Past are the days where I madly quarrel as a fanboy. I have learnt to accept. For instance I even agree to point out the flaws - the horse riding poster - the mane (horse neck hair) is missing and the shadows are not falling at the right place. Others - the heads are out of propotion, hair seems to be static, coloring while showing teeth is not in sink ... so on so forth. But hey, its a typical mistakes that happens when as a film maker you do not pay attention to or lack the needed experience, but sincerely hope we improve and correct ourselves. We have to help them, any film maker, rather than being the "1st on the net" to whip them.

I don't have a say on personalised comments, as I don't know neither Soundarya nor Rajini ! I only know them as artists/techniciens where no say about Soundarya, but Rajini is AWESOME.

And finaly, yes, we do HAVE it, what we don't have is the push and its not far behind.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    We can keep saying its a good first attempt or accept the truth
    Rather than judging it good/bad or grading it by weighing it through likeness scale, I always point it as a welcome attempt. And not a mini-second I will hesitate to come down hard on them if they have missed the oppurtunity and given us a blunder in the name of blockbuster.

Post Thanks / Like
    idhayam nazhuvi nazhuvi nagarndu nagarndu....aavv..ok next...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank RR ji for his support to this thread. Keep up the good work, atleast one head with sanity still around, good to see sir.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..