Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1360

Thread: Super Star RAJINIKANTH IN AS Kochadaiyaan || ARR|| Directed by Soundarya Rajnikanth

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    அது மாசி இல்லை. மாசு+இல்- மாசில். Meaning: Flawless

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Permit me to try :

Maasi directly refers to the tamil calender month with a period spanning between 15 February & 14 March. Its an auspicious period of Shivites as Shivaratri falls during this time. So Maasi is widely connected or symbolised when talking about Shiva, that you can find it in song usages. But it takes various meaning while combining it with the word that follows

"Maasil veenaiyum malai mathiyumum" is from Thirunaavukarasar Thevaram. Here is means the melody. The same combining with the evening states the wonderful atmospheric weather during the said period. So throughout the depiction of the verse, Maasil stands a call as the descriptive be it time period, adjective or symbolism to God himself.

Other subtle description can be found in a Duets like "Masila Nilave nam" or "Masila unmai Kadhale" : here its refers to Lovely. The moon is lovely during this period or she is lovely as this time of the year. Actually, it has to be read with the context of the narrative, and see the wonderment in the change of its usage.

In Kochadaiiyaan, it lauds Lord Shiva : further details, I invite you to look into Thevaram.

[Anything wrong or found wrong, I stand corrected]
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ajay

Mappi

Detailed explanation, thanks a lot, Is there any websites which translates these "Thevaramams" meaning into English?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this on the net

Maasil Veenaiyum Maalai Madhiyamum
    Veesu thendralum veengila veynilum
    Moosu vandarai poygayum ponradhee
    Eesan endhai inayadi neezhalee.

Translation:
    The shelter under the parallel feet of the God, my boss, is like the nice melody of Veena (Musical Instrument), the early evening moon, pleasant breeze, the Spring, a pond where bees are in making sound.

Finally the king decided to throw Thirunaanukkarasar into the sea tieing him to a big stone. He was taken in a boat to the deeper portion of the sea with the body tied to a stone. He was thrown in the sea. He was unruffled. That time he recited with great love and confidence on Lord Shiva this hymn. To the surprise of all others the stone became the boat and Thirunaavukkarasar got down in a village near Thiruppadhiripuliyoor (Kadaloor).
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

6. Thanks Adox thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how this song would have translated in the Hindi / Telugu version, any one seen this in hindi / telugu ??

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    I found this on the net

Maasil Veenaiyum Maalai Madhiyamum
    Veesu thendralum veengila veynilum
    Moosu vandarai poygayum ponradhee
    Eesan endhai inayadi neezhalee.

Translation:
    The shelter under the parallel feet of the God, my boss, is like the nice melody of Veena (Musical Instrument), the early evening moon, pleasant breeze, the Spring, a pond where bees are in making sound.

Finally the king decided to throw Thirunaanukkarasar into the sea tieing him to a big stone. He was taken in a boat to the deeper portion of the sea with the body tied to a stone. He was thrown in the sea. He was unruffled. That time he recited with great love and confidence on Lord Shiva this hymn. To the surprise of all others the stone became the boat and Thirunaavukkarasar got down in a village near Thiruppadhiripuliyoor (Kadaloor).
    Sounds like Dasa's inspiration ? Of course Vishnu instead of Shiva and he doesn't get back ....

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Permit me to try :

Other subtle description can be found in a Duets like "Masila Nilave nam" or "Masila unmai Kadhale" : here its refers to Lovely. The moon is lovely during this period or she is lovely as this time of the year. Actually, it has to be read with the context of the narrative, and see the wonderment in the change of its usage.

[Anything wrong or found wrong, I stand corrected]
    In context of Maasila unmai kadhalae/Maasila Nilavae nam is more closer to what Ajay said - 'blemish less' love or moon respectively. Another example is in the name Maasila Mani - blemish-less pearl.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hindi lyrics roughly translate to

You are in the cool and breezy wind for everyone
    in our prayers/hymns, our chanting/devotional singing,
    we bow our head down in your awe and offer you a lotus,
    our lives will be free of suffering/death,

Kochadaiiyaan is the only truth, Kochadaiiyaan is for everyone,
    Power is the offspring of Kochadaiiyaan,

Shiva Great God

11. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunil

How was the movie in hindi ?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st day 1st show I found it engaging with every scene, but the turn out in my hall was non-existent, i went with my bro and sis in law, there was already a lady sitting in and a man came in 1/4 in the movie. Total of 5 of us. cinema was cineworld woodgreen