Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: A.R.Rahman l Mani Rathnam l KADAL

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish all the songs penned by VM instead of sharing some with Karky. To me, the lyric should emote some amount of depth even read in plain paper without the sandham of song. That's the place VM scores high. His words screen virtual images in us and paint with various color of moods. In my understanding, Karky concentrates more on Edhugai-Monai structure. Let time and experience will shape Karky well.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Vysar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kadal making Giant Waves

Kadal is a great album. Every song is unique and catchy with the first listen itself.

Adiyae, Keecha, Magudi has been in the loop forever now from the time I got my ears in this album.

Great going ARR even after 20 years with same freshness in every tune is revolutionary.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vysar View Post
    Kadal is a great album. Every song is unique and catchy with the first listen itself.

Adiyae, Keecha, Magudi has been in the loop forever now from the time I got my ears in this album.

Great going ARR even after 20 years with same freshness in every tune is revolutionary.
    thanx 4 the comment sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    I wish all the songs penned by VM instead of sharing some with Karky. To me, the lyric should emote some amount of depth even read in plain paper without the sandham of song. That's the place VM scores high. His words screen virtual images in us and paint with various color of moods. In my understanding, Karky concentrates more on Edhugai-Monai structure. Let time and experience will shape Karky well.
    good..maybe next movie-la irunthu mani karky-ikku shift aagiduvaru pola!kalaki irukapla karky exp.adiye n elay keechan.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ I thought Karky had done an awesome job! No?
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kadal has whipped up a Tsunami in me... listening to all the songs in a loop.

Skipping Nenjukulle and Elay Keechan for now. Totally addicted to Adiye and Moongil Thottam Best of the year by a long mile.

Post Thanks / Like
    chittirai nila -wooooow!pullarips...ha..ha..this song milestone in vijay yesudas career...pure bliss.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Daddy is always Daddy, there's no doubt about it. That flow, word play, depth, metaphors, perfect matching of syllables even for the most difficult and complicated tunes - today and always he is the best and I dont think there will ever be any replacements for him. Karky is not a match at all to his father and has got a long way to go. But he is very promising compared to other contemporary present generation lyricists. He puts in a lot of effort, tries best to do something different, has got his own style which has certainly struck a chord among the youngsters. He has a bright future as a lyricist. As Maddy rightly put he is the 'tiger cub'.
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan View Post
    Why doesn't it make sense? It is a metaphor that the path is not a smooth surface. The equipment used for pallangkuzhi game is with holes and not smooth. This is a very straight forward metaphor. I dont understand the confusion.
    metaphor ellaam ok... pallanguzhi is not a smooth surface, but it does hav holes in equal intervals and uniformly and not spread uneven... centre'la nadandhaa smooth surface'la easya travel pannidalaam... right free vidunga... poetic liberty...
    Sach is Life..

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast