Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A.R.Rahman l Mani Rathnam l KADAL

Hybrid View

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

A.R.Rahman l Mani Rathnam l KADAL

The official confirmation is finally here; Mani Rathnam has got everything ready and decided for his next project, a romantic bilingual in Tamil and Telugu. We have been hearing all kinds of reports about this for a few months now. While most of them were true, the title of the film was just decided. It is not Pookadai, as was widely speculated, Mani Rathnam has christened his 23rd film Kadal.

As reported throughout media circles for quite a while now, Karthik’s son Gautham will make his debut through this film. It will be a unique generation shift, with Mani Rathnam having delivered the evergreen Mounaragam with Karthik himself. Playing Gautham’s pair in the movie will be the rising heroine of the Soouth, Samantha. She is having quite a time both in Telugu and Tamil. Her film with Mahesh Babu, Dookudu, broke quite a few records while she has Neethane En Ponvasantham under Gautham Menon coming up for release.

However, the big casting news is the presence of Arjun. It will be interesting to see what plans Mani Rathnam has for this senior star in a romantic movie. And, the biggest surprise of all was the return of Aravind Swamy to the silver screen after quite a while. Quite rightly, it is under his mentor and we are sure that Mani Rathnam would not have called upon him without a good enough reason. Thambi Ramaiah too is being considered for an important role, it is reported.

Finally, there are the constants without which a Mani Rathnam film is never complete. Yes, A.R.Rahman will be scoring the music for Kadal and this will be the first occasion since Alai Paayudhe when Rahman and Rathnam are combining for a full fledged romantic flick; expect some magic. Rajeev Menon will handle the camera. The film will be produced by Mani Rathnam’s banner Madras Talkies.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baba88 View Post
    there are the constants without which a Mani Rathnam film is never complete.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    can expect a tamil album from thailavar this year
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mani makes use of Vairamuthu's poems

Work is going on in a fast track as far as Mani Ratnam's forthcoming film 'Kadal' is concerned. Two songs have already been recorded by A R Rahman and the director is gearing up to starting the first schedule of shooting soon.

Says Vairamuthu, "Mani Ratnam has handpicked two poems from my book Vairamuthu Kavidhaigal and asked Rahman to compose it as songs. I recently listened to both the numbers and they are stunning."

Claiming that one of the two numbers would occupy a place in 'Best 10 songs of the decade', the ace lyricist says, "I am happy that my poems have used by Mani Ratnam and they are beautifully given shape by Rahman."

Vairamuthu, who took a break from actively penning lyrics for films, adds: "That's because I had some personal commitments to honor. I have completed all of them in the last five years. Both my sons got married and I had built a house. Now I am back to penning lyrics in full swing."

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...cle/78055.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Arjun's get-ups in 'Kadal'

IndiaGlitz [Saturday, March 03, 2012]

Arjun is all thrilled. For he is appearing in three different get-ups in Mani Ratnam's forthcoming film 'Kadal'. "Mani sir has finalised two looks and is currently working on the third one," says the 'Action King'.

"Though I received an opportunity to work with him only after completing 150 films, I should say he has given me a satisfying role. And no, I am not supposed to say anything beyond this," says Arjun.

The actor, who is quick to add that there were no such restrictions from Mani Ratnam not to speak to anyone about his character in 'Kadal', adds: "But it will be no right on my part to reveal about the film. Mani sir should talk about it."

This year, Arjun has big plans in Bollywood. "I will soon direct a Hindi film besides a movie in Tamil, to be produced by Aascar V Ravichandran. Kananda film Prasad, which will soon be released in Tamil, is my 150th flick," he says.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This must be a great album to look forward to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mani’s waves of happiness

Mani Ratnam is smiling. His forthcoming film Kadal with newcomers Gautham Karthik and Thulasi Nair is almost complete. Recently Mani and his trusted cameraman Rajiv Menon saw rushes of the film and were delighted with it.

Sources swear that after seeing the rushes, Mani sir broke out into a big smile as he is said to have been very impressed by the performance of Gautham Karthik. Remember, Gautham father Karthik was one of Mani’s favourite actors. Who can forget his realistic performance in Mani’s Mounaragam and Agninakshtram ?

Kadal features Gautham Karthik and Thulasi, daughter of Radha and sister of Karthika in the lead. It also has Arjun, Arvind Swamy, Ponvannan, Pasupathy and Lakshmi Manchu.

The highlight of this film is going to be the fresh new story told by Mani and Jeyamohan on the life of fisher folks in the southern most tip of India in Kanyakumari district. It is a basically a love story woven with some real life incidents.

Mani and his all-time favourite music director AR Rahman is said to have spent days in coastal Tamil Nadu to get the right tunes for the film penned by Madan Karki

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    First time after Sandai Koli I think that ARR doing a rural melody again!! Feels like 90s

http://mtv.in.com/unplugged/videos.php?cid=12602

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scintillating stuff.. This is the ARR I like the most.. Happy.. Very happy..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    unplugged version-ne ippadi sokkuthey original version ketta eppadi irukkum!ya, 100% 90's magic...ithathan naan ethir paathen..

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast