Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Tamil survive in the next century?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Survival of the TAMIL Language.

I personally see no reason why the TAMIL language should cease to exist in the present century.Let face the realities, Tamil survival depends largely on it`s usage by the Tamil people themselves. As rightly pointed out by fellow hubbers, the non-TAMIL speaking people are not obliged to preserve or promote the language. For them it is only a tool to conduct business like film making or plainly speaking it is used to make money for them. This is not wrong, however the Tamils cannot expect them to preserve or popularise the usage of Tamil. So the onus is for the TAMILS to consciously use the language in their daily life, which of course means in their home, place of work or worship and in their social circle.Easily said right? In actual fact Tamils are reclutant to speak their language to fellow Tamils. This trend is evident most obviously in Tamilnadu, where Tamil takes a backseat to English. To communicate in English is the in thing there, I guess due to the wide spread influence of Tamil movies and songs where the use of English words is seen as fashionable , modern and associated with the rich and educated. To them only the low educated and peasants use Tamil in their daily chore.To make matter worse, the politicians and cine field people have not done anything to enhance the usage of Tamil. I don`t blame them for most of them their mother tongue is not Tamil. Predominantly, Tamil actress, actors , singers, music directors and other technicians are not Tamil by origin. Most of them comes from neighbouring states or from the NORTH. Obviously , we cannot expect them to speak Tamil or promote it.Therefore, it is crucial Tamils worldwide seriously make all efforts to teach their children Tamil by leading by example. If their government does not extend the support, then temples or social organisation should take the lead in conductiing Tamil classes. At the end of the day, it is our profound responsibilities to maximise the usage of Tamil.At present, only Tamils in singapore, Malaysia and Sri Lanka are making some effort. In Singapore, the Institute ofEducation made the efforts to launch Tamil as the lfirst Indian language to used in the internet. Recently, Tamil was also introduce to be used as SMS in mobile phones.My only hope is that Tamils should find ways and means to use Tamil and push Tamil to the next frontier. This classsic language should never be left to perish, for it will be a untold loss to mankind. Long live Tamil.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    tamil will be an international language in the next year

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    how?

Member Junior Hubber santosh108's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recently, Tamil was also introduce to be used as SMS in mobile phones
    see link for information on above

http://www.murasu.com/mobile/

Well done Singapore

Senior Member Regular Hubber dr#'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    all languages evolve.....and what might be called tamil today, may be tamglish or tamdarin in 100 yrs.
    if you are reading this, you have far too much time on your hands.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Tamil will die within two generations. Tamil families in Malaysia now can speak the language but not write it! Bcoz their education is in Malay only.

In Tamil Nadu, it's now possible for a child to study, graduate, get a job, buy property, vote, retire and die without learning Tamil at all, thanks to CBSE. However Hindi is compulsory in this route.

Even Kollywood is mocking at Tamil activists calling them fundamentalists. In the audio release function of Chandramuki, the veteran poet Vaali said it's not a good idea to name the film as Nila Moonji just bcoz Dr Ramadas said so.

My little cousins can't write Tamil anymore. Bcoz they have been indoctrinated that it's economically futile. They don't realise that three thousand years of proud terrific non-stop history ought to carry some meaning.

A storm is coming. Can you see it?

Member Junior Hubber santosh108's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamil families in Malaysia now can speak the language but not write it! Bcoz their education is in Malay only.
    Being a multi-ethnic country, Malaysia has a unique educational system. There are 3 types of primary schools depending upon the medium of instruction. These are:
    (a) Malay medium national schools
    (b) Chinese medium national type schools
    (c) Tamil medium national type schools

Currently, there are about 530 Tamil medium primary schools in Malaysia

Culturally, Tamil schools are regarded as an important safeguard of the Malaysian Tamils heritage.

Politically, the fate of Malaysia's ethnic-based ruling parties is closely tied to the preservation of the government-aided Chinese and Tamil-medium primary schools.

Economically, not much value.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamil will live for ever..

kal thondri man thondra kalathu mun thondtiya mozhi...nam tamil..
    யாதும் ஊரே யாவரும் கேளிர்

All towns are our town and every one is our kin

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab
    A storm is coming. Can you see it?
    If a storm is coming,you've got to face it Sir,that's what I will do!
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Crab,

I understand your concern, so what are you going to do about the decline of tamil usage within the community. have you as a responsible individual , come out with any solutions or initiatives to stop this decline? That tamil usage is declining, is solely or shortcoming. it is time for people like you and me to act. seriously consider how to reverse this trend. This internet networking tool can be tapped. Share you valuable thoughts and insights and I will follow up. Pls read my message regarding this topic, which I have posted earlier. my e mail address is jackselvaraju2004@yahoo.com thanks crab.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast