Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Appaa's(Dad) corner

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Appaa's(Dad) corner

Since this hub's average age has gone up - there are a lot of new and "again" dads here.
    Dads are among the most clueless and innocent human beings who have to balance home and office
    and spend time solving the world's problems in google and hub. So this thread is a place where
    dads, dads to be and moms spying on dads can come and share valuable information. Feel free to post links on
    things ranging from cleaning soiled diapers to teaching math to kindergarteners..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread, Jai. Keep this alive, I yam coming soon...
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thaathaa paatti thread?

"If mommy says 'no' ask grandma" says a plate I bought for my wife recently!
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajraj View Post
    No thaathaa paatti thread?

"If mommy says 'no' ask grandma" says a plate I bought for my wife recently!
    count the number of thaathaa - paattis in the hub boss..
    enna veLayaattu idhu?
    thavira these days grandmas and grandpas are having it super easy - TV serial paathoma, yoga class/walking ponoma appuram kalyaanam, kaadhu kuththu attend pannoma, appappo trainla other oldiesoda sendhu ullaasa/koyil kulam payanam ponoma appddinnu summa haayaa irukkaanga. meendhadhukku, oru US/UK trip apparam december aana kutcheri sabayai nerapparadhu - appdinnu jolly life - avangalukku ennathukku oru thread.. engala maadhiri stressed out apppaakkaLukku dhaan indha sangam..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vengAyam urichchA kaNNeeru

'adEngappA' thread, good effort jai-ji

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was joking jaiganes! I am sure you know that. But, I am glad you have a realistic assessment of life in these united states. You are right, it is not like my days. It takes two incomes to lead a reasonably comfortable life. The pinch comes only when the children are ready for college! If I can be of any help let me know. I will post the advice I give youngsters in your age group.

Jolly life for thaathaas and paattis (in India)? I am not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    count the number of thaathaa - paattis in the hub boss..
    enna veLayaattu idhu?
    - appdinnu jolly life - avangalukku ennathukku oru thread.. engala maadhiri stressed out apppaakkaLukku dhaan indha sangam..
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    appa-amma vs thaatha-paatti should be a topic of separate discussion...
    Getting back to appa's ..
    We can divide appas into 4 categories..
    1. Prospective appaz clueless as to what they r gonna do- green horns..
    2. Junior dads - recently initiated into fatherhood - if they are lucky, they have a support system
    providing them relief from the real "stress" - Sometimes this can be detrimental as they
    are missing out on the real fun of being a dad.
    3. Dads of middle and high schoolers - Most important role models in the family - having the misfortune of
    learning algebra and integral calculus at the worst or chauffeurs driving kids to math olympiads and spelling bee kind of
    competitions - hoping in heart of hearts that they dont have to do the trip to Bank for an education loan.
    4. Retired Dads - Summoned only if they are dads of a daughter about to get married or expecting. Life now is in cruise control
    Cricket score and politics are the only things that can work up the blood pressure a notch. Kids are out of the "problem list" - finally - hopefully!!
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    1. Prospective appaz clueless as to what they r gonna do- green horns..
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நன்றி ஜெ. திரி ஆரம்பித்ததற்கு. நிறைய பேசலாம். பேசணும்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    அந்தந்த வயதில் விதவிதமான மைல்கற்கள். ஒவ்வொரு மைல்கல்லையும் பார்க்கும்போதெல்லாம் இனம்புரியாத ஆனந்தத்தால் அகம் மகிழ்கிறது. பளுவாக இருக்கும் குழந்தை வளர்ப்புக்கு இயற்கை கொடுக்கும் பரிசு இதுபோன்ற நிகழ்வுகள்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast