Page 97 of 116 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Porkalathil oru poo song links:

http://indiamusiq.in/poorkkalathil-o...ongs-download/

Haven't heard the songs yet.

thanks,

Krishnan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Porkalathil oru poo - honestly, not appealing for me. Seems like a template based song. IR used his standard mixture/template and churned out with some new sounds. For the powerful true story that the movie is about, I expected more unique and full of life in these songs. To me it seems like he did in a rush.

I am sure he is going to nail it in the BGM.

Either way, I respect the crew for doing this movie and bringing out the tragic story to people. RIP Isaipriya and the numerous souls who lost life.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dochu View Post
    Porkalathil oru poo - honestly, not appealing for me. Seems like a template based song. IR used his standard mixture/template and churned out with some new sounds. For the powerful true story that the movie is about, I expected more unique and full of life in these songs. To me it seems like he did in a rush.

I am sure he is going to nail it in the BGM.

Either way, I respect the crew for doing this movie and bringing out the tragic story to people. RIP Isaipriya and the numerous souls who lost life.
    You cant really blame him for the songs. As he has said before, the music that comes out from him depends on the situation he has been given with. For such a powerful topic, there should not even be duets mind you but probably for commercial reasons, they have woven romance into the tale. How well they have woven depends on the visualization.

But having said that, i strangely liked the songs. Besides the powerful ithu viduvaa and ethanai ethanai, unnai vittu and ennai thedi vanthu have very unique arrangements and of course all the songs have magnificent interludes. Ennai thedi vanthu has a electric guitar and veenai interlude which i love.

Does anyone notice that with un samaiyal araiyil, drishya and porkalathil oru poo, thalaivar is foreshadowing something big with his frequent usage of electric guitar and the new style of arrangements.
    Last edited by Hulkster; 15th June 2014 at 07:27 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krish244 View Post
    There are just two songs in Drishya movie. The importance is more on BGM.

http://desimu6.com/2014/06/drishya-2...-download.html

Track listing:

Ondu Kathe Kelu - Vijay Prakash, Pooja, Manasi, Surumukhi
    Devare Kelu - Sharreth

Decent sound track. "ondu kathe kelu", a family song with a nice tune (especially the charanam) and soothing orchestration. A soft Vijay prakash voice sounds different. The tune at "Namma kathayu sannadhe" kind of sounds familiar (also heard at 4:31 to 4:40)

"Devere kelu", a sad song nicely sung by Sharreth.

thanks,

Krishnan
    That namma kathaye sannadhe is a tune from one of Karthik Raaja's old movies. It is a faster version of the "la la la la" chorus of intha siru pennai from naam iruvar namakku iruvar.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Hulkster. Need to check that.

Amitabh is singing a song in the movie "Shamitabh". It seems Amitabh posted the below in blog:

http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/ami...amitabh-542304

"..."Oh and yes another session with Aadesh (Shrivastava) at his music studio last night did result in another song that I had to sing for Shamitabh. The finest quality of music from the genius of Ilaiyaraaja, the magician from Chennai," Big B posted on his blog on June 16.

Talking of the veteran composer Ilaiyaraaja, Big B added: "How many years have passed since his emergence and how till today his prominence continues. The veteran, the master, who nurtured some very special musicians."
    ..."

Aadesh was involved in remix of PAA movie's theme music as well. Wonder if this song is a remix of another song in the movie or an original version.

thanks,

Krishnan

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இளையராஜா தற்போது தமிழ், தெலுங்கு, மலையாளம், கன்னடம், இந்தி என அனைத்து மொழிகளிலும் பிஸியாக இசையமைத்து வருகிறார். தமிழில் பாலா இயக்கும் தாரை தப்பட்டை, தெலுங்கில் குணசேகரன் இயக்கும் ருத்ரம்மா, கன்னடத்தில் பி. வாசு இயக்கும் த்ரிஷ்யம், மலையாளத்தில் பேரரசு இயக்கும் சாம்ராஜ்யம் 2, இந்தியில் ஷமிதாப் ஆகிய படங்கள் மிகுந்த எதிர்பார்ப்பை ஏற்படுத்தியுள்ளன.

From webduniya
    வந்துட்டோம்னு சொல்லு... திரும்ப வந்துட்டோம்னு சொல்லு! | Recent posts | Mobile App

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amitabh wrote in his blog "Oh and yes another session with Aadesh at his music studio last night did result in another song that I had to sing for ‘Shamitabh'...the finest quality of music from the genius of Ilayaraja, the magician from Chennai".

Talking about Ilaiayaraaja, Ambitabh wrote "How many years have passed since his emergence and how till today his prominence continues. The veteran, the master, who nurtured some very special musicians. In his orchestra team was a certain AR Rehman that played an instrument in an assemble. Ilaiyaraja, was asked to write a symphony for the London Philharmonic some years ago. He wrote it without actually hearing the sound of it. And when he went to the Albert Hall in London for the performance of it by the Philharmonic he heard his own written symphony for the first time, and broke down into tears ! He had not known the depth of his construct till then ".

Last edited by Kaarthickb; 18th June 2014 at 09:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two Kannada releases and looks like both movies are doing well. Drishya has rave reviews and may well be a bigger hit.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi rooky, could you please tell me the other Kannada movie of IR recently released?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is the kannada version of un samyal arayil, Oggarane, which is called a HIT here (Unlike the tamil and telugu versions)

Page 97 of 116 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast