Page 82 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

putham putham

One thing though... it is great to have this high quality version of putham puth even if it hasnt been changed in any way.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by motte_dhaasan View Post
    One thing though... it is great to have this high quality version of putham puth even if it hasnt been changed in any way.
    Yeah, sounds crystal clear. Anitha has sung it pretty well but is just not nearly as bold as S Janaki. It sounds like she has to make an effort to sing like that.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The feel Anitha provided during end of each saranam is praise worthy. We can't simply ignore this new version of "Puththam puthu" just by considering the old id GOLD.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thought that occurred to me about Mugilo. IR's interludes in the 80s as well in many, many compositions in other decades used to have a strong 'theme' and the different passages would build up to a certain mood or emotional swell, whichever way you choose to describe it. But the first interlude of Mugilo sounds more like maintaining a set theme throughout. So there is not much contrast between the passages - keyboard/guitar/flute. I confess it is not exactly what I prefer to hear but what made me curious is he used this approach in Saindhu also. And the 2nd interlude in both songs is very dreamy and seems intended to catch the listener unawares with a surge of emotion. Sounds like a new approach he is experimenting with.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "MugilO mEgamO" has that haunting Raja's 80's melodic characteristics and is it not natural for us to expect
    somebody like SPB/SJ to do justice? i am unable to relish Raja singing at his age . Yuvan is a gone case and I am tired of lamenting. This time, to my surprise, even Ramya NSK is found wanting. She seemed a bit out of place in a trademark Raja melody.
    I cannot help but compare with how SJ/SPB pair had lived in a similar tuned "uyire urave ondru naan sollavaa" from "anbin mugavari"

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/...p?mid=T0002639.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    One thought that occurred to me about Mugilo. IR's interludes in the 80s as well in many, many compositions in other decades used to have a strong 'theme' and the different passages would build up to a certain mood or emotional swell, whichever way you choose to describe it. But the first interlude of Mugilo sounds more like maintaining a set theme throughout. So there is not much contrast between the passages - keyboard/guitar/flute. I confess it is not exactly what I prefer to hear but what made me curious is he used this approach in Saindhu also. And the 2nd interlude in both songs is very dreamy and seems intended to catch the listener unawares with a surge of emotion. Sounds like a new approach he is experimenting with.
    சரியாகச் சொன்னீர்கள். வாங்கும் பணத்துக்கும் பாடலின் இடையிசையும் இவ்வகைதான். மாற்றம் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக வர ஆரம்பித்தது இரண்டாயிரம் ஆண்டுகளுக்கு அப்புறந்தான் என நினைக்கிறேன். தேவர் மகன் போற்றி பாடடி பாடலின் முதல் இடையிசை நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது. எவ்வளவு படிக்கட்டுக்கள் வைத்து அழகாக பல்லவிக்கும் சரணத்திற்கும் பாலம் காட்டுகிறார்.

Post Thanks / Like
    மெகா படத்தில் பாடல் வரிகள் சிறப்பாக இல்லை என்பதை விட, எழுதுவதில் ஒரு குழப்பம் தெரிகிறது. என்ன வேண்டும் எது வேண்டும் பாடலில் எளிய/மலிவான நகரத் தமிழ் பிரயோகங்கள் கலந்த பல்லவியில் "சாந்துப் போட்டு வாசம் வேணுமா? மஞ்சள் முகம் தீண்ட வேண்டுமா? குங்குமத்தை காண வேண்டுமா?" என்ற வரிகள் துருத்திக் கொண்டு நிற்கின்றன. முதல் சரணம் சுத்தம்.. பொய்யே நீ சொன்னாலும் மெய்யாய் நான் கேட்பேனே என நாயகி பாடுவதும், பதிலாக நாயகன் "மெய்யே நீ சொன்னாலும் உண்மைதானா என்பேனே!" - மெய்யும் உண்மையும் ஒரே வரியில்.. மீட்டருக்கு மேட்டர் என்பது ரொம்ப மலிவாக போய்விட்டது. தொடரும் "நீ போட்ட மந்திரம் நீ செய்த தந்திரம் நிற்காமல் சுத்துதே நெஞ்சென்னும் பம்பரம்".. ஆஹா! ஆஹா! காவிய வரிகள் நா. முத்துக்குமார். பாடலின் ஆரம்பமே என்ன வேண்டும் எது வேண்டும் எனக் கேட்டுக்கொண்டு கண்டதையெல்லாம் எழுதி பாடல் நிரப்பினால் என்ன செய்வது நா.முத்துக்குமார்! எனக்கு ஒன்று நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது கார்க்கி ஒரு பாடல் வரிகளுக்கான சாப்ட்வேர் டூல் தயாரித்து வைத்திருக்கிறாராம். அதன் ஒரு பக்கத்தில் ராஜாவின் இதுபோன்ற இசைக்குறிப்புக்களை நுழைத்து மறு பக்கம் வழியே பத்து இருபது பாடல் வரிகளின் வடிவங்களை பெற்றுவிடலாம். பத்து இருபது என்பது ஒரு வடிவம் பிடிக்கவில்லையென்றால் இன்னொன்று..எதுவும் பிடிக்கலையென்றால் ஒன்றிலிருந்து ஒரு வரி, இன்னொன்றிலிருந்து அடுத்த வரி.. இப்படி கலக்கி ஒரு கலவையாக மாற்றிவிடலாம். இசை மட்டுமே ஆர்கானிக், பாடல் வரிகள் Fast Food. அது எப்படிங்க.. இசையை மட்டுமே காதில் நுழைத்து மனதில் நிறுத்தி, வரிகளை உள்வாங்காமல் அப்படியே வெளியே தள்ளிவிடுவது! "Listening my music without listening to lyrics" எப்படி என ராஜாவிடமே ஒரு புத்தகம் எழுதச் சொல்லவேண்டியதுதான்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 2nd September 2013 at 01:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    கள்வனே கள்வனே பாடலின் இரண்டாவது இடையிசையை எப்படிச் சொல்லி புகழ்வதேன்றே தெரியல.. அதுவும் சரணம் தொடங்க்கப் போகிறது என நினைத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கும் வேளையில் வரும் வயலின் இசைக் கோர்வைக்கு சொத்தையே எழுதி வைக்கலாம். என்னே ஒரு அழகான இணைப்பு! ஆரம்பத்தில் அவ்வளவாக ஒட்டாத இப்பாடலைப் பார்த்தே இப்போதெல்லாம் நான் பாடுகிறேன் "கள்வனே கள்வனே!"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    venkkiram - "kalvane" is the pick of the album in terms of IR venturing into new territory - 'mugiley' or 'jeevane' are his 'been there done that' category.

it sticks out as the odd ball ! however thats what IR has to do in the present times - more such odd ball compositions!

this is what someone like ARR has been doing last several years - 'masakali' from delhi 6 is one example - he has been giving odd ball compositions and their success is only because they have been odd balls!

'kalvane' is thaaru maaru creativity.

please note: films like Pazhassi Raaja, or Nan Kadavul had a very strong story line with very script specific situations - NEPV offered situations that were slightly more generic, and IR went ballistic!

MEGHA probably offers even more generic situations and IR in his present love affair with jazz has used it to his own advantage for a most likely very generic situation/setting in "MEGHA" in the form of 'kalvane"

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Megha - Listened twice so far..

My Pick - Chellam konjum Is IR trying a Yuvan here? I feel yuvan's voice suits this song. Lot of similarities with Kaatrai Konjam especially ludes

Mugilo Megamo - Nice Melody, IR version is better

Kalvane - Need to give a few more listen, haven't impressed much so far

Other songs - need some more time though Enna Vendum fell very flat to me..

After listening Megha, went back to Nila Soru's Kallale senju vacha - IR's territory... IR I known for years...
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Page 82 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast