Page 67 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutely loved two songs...guess which

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great album.. Loved - Gundello, Nanu neetho, Ekkadundi, Raathri, Vechani... (I have no issues with remixes as long as they are safe (Raja's) hands). Lyrics could have been better though in the last 3 songs.

I'm glad they included Raathri in telugu album. There was a telugu version of 'aasaya kaathula' in an obscure 90s film Chakravyuham. No one noticed it back then. Hope it gets it's due now.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teja View Post
    Great album.. Loved - Gundello, Nanu neetho, Ekkadundi, Raathri, Vechani... (I have no issues with remixes as long as they are safe (Raja's) hands). Lyrics could have been better though in the last 3 songs.

I'm glad they included Raathri in telugu album. There was a telugu version of 'aasaya kaathula' in an obscure 90s film Chakravyuham. No one noticed it back then. Hope it gets it's due now.
    All songs are great!! I particularly like Jillumandi..Charanams are great

Post Thanks / Like
    >All songs are great!! I particularly like Jillumandi..Charanams are great

Agree. After round two, I loved all the songs, except for one item number. I'm glad that this album is a complete deviation from NEPV. I was worried that IR might get caught with London orchestra and complex tunes. GG is a simple, catchy album.. It has the kind of songs that connected Raja to a wider section of audience in Andhra during the 80s (instantly catchy tunes, rich orchestration with a hint of mass touch). I expect this album to be a huge hit with entire Andhra, and not just with Raja fans.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teja View Post
    >All songs are great!! I particularly like Jillumandi..Charanams are great

Agree. After round two, I loved all the songs, except for one item number. I'm glad that this album is a complete deviation from NEPV. I was worried that IR might get caught with London orchestra and complex tunes. GG is a simple, catchy album.. It has the kind of songs that connected Raja to a wider section of audience in Andhra during the 80s (instantly catchy tunes, rich orchestration with a hint of mass touch). I expect this album to be a huge hit with entire Andhra, and not just with Raja fans.
    True.. He brings earthiness in this album and that is his greatnes..Its alls based on what the movie demands
    also NEPV would need crores..Heard raja didnt get a rupee for GG. But still gives such songs!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently tripping on 'Gundello Godari', 'Jillumandhi Manasu' and 'Nannu Neetho' Will have to listen to the other songs now. Loving these three.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gundello Godari - Orchestration is so KRish for me . Esp, the way 1st interlude is done and the orchestration in the middle of charanam . But why this much synth ? Looks a bit out of phase for the period and the tune . But nice, mallu feel song, except the beats

Jilumandi - Again, I feel its so KRish, dont know why. A recording with good studios might have helped . Didnt like andrea voice, hemachandra does a neat job and liked it more when he sang

Vechani Vayasu - No way, i will excuse this blunder - not the remix - but using Mumaith Khan for what we consider as devotional song ..somehow somehow i couldnt accept it

Nanu Netho - A song that Raaja would have sing otherwise - liked it very much - gave me that 'bomiikutty ammavuku ' feel for me ..The orchestrations are so cool ..

Ekkadhundhi - Superb song , after the 2nd listen ...

Aa Edhi - very similar to NEPV veedhi paththae ..

Post Thanks / Like
    > A recording with good studios might have helped .

Ofcourse. But note that Raja has done this film for free. Producer mentioned that they just paid rent for the recording studios. That's all they could afford. That could explain overdose of synth.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a hugely disappointing album for me.

Gundello godari is good. Raaja's voice suited the song although I feel something went amiss in the 2nd half of the song. Jhillumandi seems as if he outsourced it to someone else. Neither a great tune nor great support elements (arrangements, singers). Ekkadundhi is is the only song that harks back to 80s feel (sounds good). Nannu neetho has a good tune , but sacrificed to the shallow-voiced bhavatharini (the tune is soulful enough for any other better singer). Item songs didn't impress me anyway.

While the rush of a new album makes me feel that some songs are good to ok (title song, ekkadundhi & just the tune of Nannu neetho), I don't find them that outstanding and I doubt if they will have that recall value over the years. I am not coming from NEPV standpoint but as such, I doubt if I will enjoy these songs passionately after sometime. And in raaja songs, if that recall value isn't promising, then something is definitely missing in them.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "gundello godari" track is a rehash of "aala asathhum malliye malliye" !

Page 67 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast