Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone give me INR 1 crore? I will go to him and ask him to release "Moods of Ilayaraaja" which has been kept unreleased for the past 10-12 years and many more instrumental albums which he has done but not released?

Can't he go to a label , make a deal where they invest, release, promote their releases, PR etc..?
    T series, Saregama etc... nnu neraiya peru erukkangale!
    Adhellam mudiyaadhaa?

sangeet natak akademi, AIR,akashvani archive releases, $5, in india one CD Rs 300 kedaikkaradhu.
    Last edited by baroque; 9th February 2012 at 03:28 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    He cites the same funding issue for release of the album "Moods of illayaraja".
    Did he cite? It did not appear so from the post.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Dhoni Album- My view.

Heard Doni from raaga.
    “ThAvi thAvi” with those lush ludes is my pick from Dhoni. The prelude and interludes sweep me off my feet and perch me atop silvery clouds. As Jaiganes observed, Raja singing the lines “viLaiyAdum maidhAnam angu BalamAi karakOsham”, seems to be the defining moment for the film itself. Interesting lyrics by Na.Mu. I can say this is a modern day version of the choir type “kAdhal Oviyam pAdum kAviyam” of AlaigaL Oyvadhillai”
    Next in my order would be “vAngum panathukku” mainly for the guitar backing and groovy arrangements. Though SPB sings in his inimitable, nonchalant style, it looks like Raja had so much confidence in SPB that he decided to go easy in the tune department. Yes, the tune could be better and for the uninitiated, it could be boring
    I have honestly no complaints about the smooth flowing “viLaiyAttA padakOtti”, esp with evocative singing by Shreya and HH. Is Shreya’s voice autotuned? HH made few slips in the pronounciation. The song is quite endearing with melody oozing violins and flute pieces. But why is the tune so common place? Though reminding of “onna vida”, it has that ARR and GVP[ veyilodu viLaiyAdi”] feel . These guys have done dime a dozen numbers with this kind of shankarabharanam scale . Iam not fond of that auto tuned opening humming. This perfect song misses the "wow" factor
    5. Chinna kannile – Not impressive and it measures ONLY upto Vidhyassagar’s standard . Broken lined tune in the pallavi being the main culprit despite Shreya and Naresh doing a good job of singing.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    venkkiram - yes! and a tune like this with some more embellishments customised to suit Rajini's image in an actual Rajini film would easily make the song a chartbuster!

IR is def not the loser!
    - Well said and I agree that VVP would have suited Rajini

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back to mayilu again. Very appealing soundtrack. ஒவ்வொரு பாடலும் ரத்னம். Started liking and loving NammalOda Paattuthaan very much. The transformation of female chorus when this line is underway 'sendhoora pottu maari ippo sticker aagi pocchu, manja poosum ponnunga ippo cream'a thEdi pochchu' is fantastic and how that chorus joins the pallavi seamlessly is something I am enjoying every time. The tune, orchestration, arrangements, mood, singing, lyrics are all perfect in this soundtrack.

When we were kids, when our parents buys us ice cream or sweet, even though we know we want to taste and complete them immediately, we will have a feeling that it will be over soon before our brothers/sisters/cousins finishes. We will fear we will not get this again soon, so we will delay in our eating, by enjoying each and every drop of it. Similarly, I become a kid when listening to this soundtrack. Wanted to enjoy every bit of it by not consuming everything at a time. Beautiful soundtrack and easily the best so far. Another biased liking for this one is because of the folk elements, which I always love. Worth waiting for 3 years for this one and a great surprise of this year!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Booked for Morning show for dhoni .. eagerly waiting

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MR,
    Please post your views on the movie, especially on the music.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Movie released here. I did not expect this... naalaiku varaikum Nanban oduna oruvaati polamnu paatha atha thookitu naalaiku Dhoni poduraanga. Naaliku poira vendiyathu thaan.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinod - overseas territoryla "Dhoni" aaduRadhai pAkka pORInga...oNNum sagunam sariyillai

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some net reviews:

http://truthdive.com/2012/02/09/dhoni-movie-review.html

"...The film benefits from Ilayaraja’s inspiring background score which lifts the film. The special song with Prabhu Deva is cute and it goes with the narrative..."

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tel...ew-090212.html

"...Illayaraja’s background score elevated the scenes while his songs are melodious and make the audiences humming even after the song gets over..."

IndiaGlitz tamil version review:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...iew/15184.html

"...Giving life to 'Dhoni' is Ilayaraja. His meaningful background score provides right pep to the proceedings. It strikes our soul instantly. The songs too bear a typical Ilayaraja stamp evoking right emotions in the serious script..."

IndiaGlitz telugu version review:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...iew/15107.html

"...If lines like these give relief, the music and background score (Maestro Illayaraja) is refreshing. The situations of the two songs in first half (the Prabhu Deva number and the song after the daughter attains puberty) are among the most brilliant moments of the film..."

thanks,

Krishnan

Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast