Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like 'Dhoni's music will release this month:
    http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chann...honi-month-326

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Suresh ji, Bala, Plum, skr and everyone for all your wonderful appreciations. I don't know if I deserve all this, but thanks for giving me opportunity to write in this forum.

As Plum mentioned, Suresh ji is the main reason for every Maestro's new albums getting its due recognition, it deserves, with his detailed reviews and analysis. Suresh ji is also responsible to substantiate that Raja does not only belong to 80's and does not only belong to TN. Hats off!

Yes, a huge round of applause for app_engine for taking the SPB-IR thread by storm. I have never seen such dedication and sincerity. Truly a great IR fan.

Yes, KV, Suresh ji, Querida really brought out some rare gems, otherwise we would not have known them at all.

I also have one kind request to all our friends. I only saw a glimpse of some excellent writing and analysis in jaiganes, Plum, Bala, grouch, KV, Vel, raagas, skr, thumburu, irir123, Querida, Sunil, Aravind, Hulkster and many friends in this IR forum. I know many senior hubbers might have already contributed which I need to search those treasures, still I would like them to contribute more whenever they have time (too greedy, I know ) for our dearest Maestro again.

2011 has been a great year for music and Suresh ji excellently summed it up. 2012 should be terrific as well, starting with 'Dhoni'. Happy New Year to you all!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear VS,
    indha list la Vinatha vaiyum serthikalam.. avalum romba varushama inga Raja songs a sollindu iruka...........
    Usha Sankar

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    all folks here are like honey bees collecting nectar from the raaja flower garden - list-e panna venaam. sevi udayaar ellaam inge suvai adaivaar
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsankar View Post
    avalum romba varushama inga Raja songs a sollindu iruka...........
    Usha ji,
    The reason above you quoted is exactly the reason I might not have included. I didn't include yourself too. When I started here you have been hosting/driving 'IR Song of the Day' thread and Vinatha has always been enthusiastic and in full flow like you, as always right from her starting days here till to-date. If you would have noticed I mainly listed out names who were writing earlier too or who wanted to write more, but I felt recently that, whenever I started appreciating their writing, it ended so soon and my selfish heart wanted more from them.

I also knew I would miss many names, as I listed whatever it had struck my mind at that time. That's why I always add 'many friends' and 'Everyone' always. Another selfish thought is, I know that there are many guests who enjoy all our posts here (as app_engine has noticed the view count in SPB-IR thread), still for some reason they don't want to signup/login and write about their thoughts about Maestro's work. May be from this year, I sincerely hope, we can expect more from them.

Again, I know all my blabbering above may not do justice for your concern. I sincerely apologize for the same.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seldom come to this section of the hub so I really appreciate the encouragement. Thank you Suresh Ji, skr and V_S sir. I promise to post more often. It's better late then never and TBH 2011 developed my knowledge and increased my yen compared to my prior TFM days. This is due to hubbers sharing info. on new releases/ forgotten classics and more so Raaja Saab releasing a supernova of albums this year.

I cannot pin point exact titles for contributers here but firstly I would like to thank and congratulate V_S sir on his stellar IR-Duet write ups. App also deserves high praise for putting blood and sweat into the IR-SPB thread. A massive for Suresh Ji for delivering music reviews promptly after new releases. I would also like to thank raaga_kann for doing his bit in IR-Duets. As I said I cannot pin point exact titles for everyone but I sincerely appreciate those who have contributed here and there

Best album - Thandavakone - This album still keeps me on the edge of my seat along with Nandalala. This primarily may be because I'm a sucker for soporific songs.

Best song - Annanmar Kathai - The unpredictability of this song and genre transition is flawless. Raaja Saab

Best melody - Jagadhananda Karaka

Best Duet - Aanukkulley

Best Male singer - IR for Kuthikkira Kuthikkira

Best Female singer - Chithra amma for Chengathir Kaiyum

Best Interlude - The flute of Enna Pol

Most underrated song - Kampuni Kampuni from Hare Rama Hare Krishna. The biggest Masala track by the maestro in recent times.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lakshmi Manchu's launched "Gundello Godari" through blogging website:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/11338728.cms

"...The film is set in the backdrop of the 1986 floods that hit ravaged the State. "It's a love story set in the backdrop of the floods. That's what the title "Gundello Godari" suggests. We are trying to recreate the whole ambience of 1986. We are recording the songs in Chennai and am super excited about working Ilayaraja," says Lakshmi..."

"backdrop of the 1986 floods". Mmm...curious to know what style of music IR would opt for.

Couple of days back I had posted a news item about a new bilingual (tamil and telugu) album by IR starring Aadhi and Tapsee. It seems to be the same Gundello Godari.

thanks,

Krishnan
    Last edited by krish244; 3rd January 2012 at 09:38 AM.

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent summary and best-of choices! In 2011, IR bowled me over with 2 great songs: 'kannai padithen' and 'kalaya nijama' . How I longed for such tunes that touch something deep inside and pull you into the rich music from whatever you are busy with.. the hallmark of vintage IR. However, to be honest, I am not uptodate with all the films/songs these days, so the best-of choices helps immensely in discovering missed gems. Listened to 'neeral' only yesterday and yes it was good.. (Tks suresh!)

As for NY resolution, I plan to list the new albums and link them to reviews, in the first post.. Let's see As always, pls pm me if you have any feedback/suggestions or need moderation help.. Cheers.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice thread and a great start, Sureshji!

(BTW, I don't think I deserve the appreciations shown on this thread...if Sureshji felt B'lore is cold, it's literally raining ice that looks like styrofoam balls here in Dearborn , adhula idhu vERayA )

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh ji for the Title Pictures and also for the nominations.. V_S and KV deserve those awards..
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast