Page 15 of 116 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayilu

The beauty of Mayilu Audio is it has been there in cans for 3+ years and when its unleashed today it still sounds fresh. This album takes you back to another era of Raaja like late 80's & early 90's when he was composing a lot of folk based rustic music. done a round once and I just love 'Yaathey Yaathey'. If musical Purists tell that Bhavatharini is not a good singer after lsitening to this song, I curse them to become deaf
    http://www.tamilmusicland.com/2012/0...vie-songs.html இனி இசைவெள்ளம் எங்கும் பெருகட்டும். ஒரிஜினல் ஆடியோ வாங்குங்கள்!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just had first round listening of 'Mayilu'
    All songs are awesome , and this album is easily one of Raaja's best in recent times.
    The release may be outdated but the songs are as fresh as ever.
    You will definitely not get the feeling that the songs were composed over 3 yrs ago .

The best song for me as of now is Yathea by Sriram Parthasarathy and Bhavatharini .
    Is this Bhavatharini singing ? , she just nailed it .
    All her doubters will eat humble pie after listening to her rendition in this song.

Ok leaving the stage to Suresh for his review.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    skr,

My review after I get my CD tomorrow (hopefully)

Here is a link to 'Prasad' songs. Ofcourse I would love all of you to buy the original CD. It costs only Rs.40/-. If you want it to be bought and sent to you, I am game. Anyway, listen to 'Prasad' songs:

http://www.sensongs.com/prasad.html

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeesh! No access currently to listen to Mayilu. Home, now feels light years away!

By the by, speaking of originals, Agi music has brought out remastered versions of 'Nothing But Wind' and 'How to Name It'. Judging by its cover, the packaging seems to be nicely done. Priced at INR 159/- this one's a good deal, me thinks.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    மயிலு.. களைகட்டுது.. யாத்தே அருமை.

ராஜாவின் இசையில் ரீடாவுக்கு வாய்ப்புக்கள் குவிவது மகிழ்ச்சியா இருக்கு.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tks RS for mayilu links. Had a quick listen: Kirukki, thukkamenna are worth checking out.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RS,
    Thanks for the quick review. How is Velli Manal, very curious to know.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam View Post
    The beauty of Mayilu Audio is it has been there in cans for 3+ years and when its unleashed today it still sounds fresh.
    நச். அழகா சொல்லிட்டிங்க!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S -> Velli manal is enna Kutham - For me , this is the best song. Spendid Pathos !! How similar is this with ' En kuthamma' - starts with Raaja's voice , followed by a music and then Raaja again - the interludes, esp the female humming - you can feel the purity here . After working like a mad dog , hearing this is like a meditation in Rama Maharishi cave - esp when the 'velli manal' charanam starts . The second interlude takes an interesting turn sequencing the folkish drum beats , orchestra and the haunting female solo . For me , this is 10/10 . First rate - just wondering how the twitter generation ( ok namma NagaS is an exception) will take this serene !!

Yathe - The Raaja - Bhavatharini- Village saga continues from Oliyilae, edho onnu and to Yathe now . Neat orchestra ( yes - this cant be KR , as far as u guys are concerned )! The first interlude after that chatter is a nice bhava humming and when sriram joins , the melody takes a small dent esp with the monotonous nature of the charanam and the unavoidable carnatic flavor of Sriram P , but its alright. Nice song, overall 7.5/10, esp Bhava is good !

Thukamenna - This is the standard late 80s/90s raaja pathos track thats always soothing and it continues here - but the lyrics can be bit better ! The interludes are again - fantastic , you just need some inner peace to get this full peace ! 8/10

Kirukki da kirukki - The song starts like a familiar one , but the anu pallabvi , the celtic folkish interludes takes this to a different level - again , the charanam doesn't match to that level , but still good one ! 8/10 to me

Kalyaname Kalayanam - Doesnt somehow have the feel of that EEsan song ,standard song , its ok 6/10 to me

nammaloda paatutthaanda - Standard rama rajaan song that we stopped to like - okies

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    First impression, positive. Mann vaasanai niraindha paadalgal.
    Yaathe's surely the winner as of now. Very nice vocals and orchestration (tabla and acoustic guitars in charanam, aahaa, arumai )
    Enna kuththam is interestingly set in kanda chapu, but the percussion somehow doesn't sit well with the melancholy. The old 'recording clip' of this one has some lovely solo violin playing along the vocals. I was eagerly expecting this here, but it's nowhere to be heard. Or maybe that was recorded as part of the BGM, gotta wait and see.