Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1160

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clue : The way the lead actress presents herself in the teaser !

Dochu : Did you try adjusting a bit with the Bass frequency ? Or play it on an audio system by plugging your laptop as input and use the Bose Headphones as the output from the audio system. I did not capt the irregularities, even before hearing it bassy.

Adjusted the Bass as I thought the percussion needed more thumping, and when the Odukai was brought in I was blown.

Hulkster : Towards the end, I could get only the Bell sounds. Did not catch any clap. When the horns are blown, the chorus seems to chant ARO ARO ARO ... HA. Then I hear distant bell sound like a 'Salangai Oli', all the while the Pee Pee going out of sink.

A terrific composition. Thavil & crash cymbals alongside with Nadaswaram & Chenda accompanied by Oodukai & Chorus with a fabulous peak Shankha, it was like a fantastic jugalbandi experience.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Clue : The way the lead actress presents herself in the teaser !

Dochu : Did you try adjusting a bit with the Bass frequency ? Or play it on an audio system by plugging your laptop as input and use the Bose Headphones as the output from the audio system. I did not capt the irregularities, even before hearing it bassy.

Adjusted the Bass as I thought the percussion needed more thumping, and when the Odukai was brought in I was blown.

Hulkster : Towards the end, I could get only the Bell sounds. Did not catch any clap. When the horns are blown, the chorus seems to chant ARO ARO ARO ... HA. Then I hear distant bell sound like a 'Salangai Oli', all the while the Pee Pee going out of sink.

A terrific composition. Thavil & crash cymbals alongside with Nadaswaram & Chenda accompanied by Oodukai & Chorus with a fabulous peak Shankha, it was like a fantastic jugalbandi experience.
    Those crash cymbals are IR's favourite background sound effect for percussion-based angry compositions. He used it in Om Sivoham in Naan Kadavul, Adada in Pithamagan and Thondru Thottu Indru Varai in Avatharam

If anybody needed to know IR's style, the theme music is the most obvious composition. He basically replaced contemporary western classical instruments for a symphony, with those used in tamil folk. That is to say that for his compositions, all instruments are part of one family; they have no specific genre and are just accompaniments to the situation portrayed by the composition. This is probably the simplest way of saying that all genres and instrument point only to the wind which forms the music.
    Last edited by Hulkster; 29th December 2015 at 09:30 AM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hulkster,
    There are numerous noble people who are not in the limelight at all, but have done great things. Although it is sad that they did not get the recognition, as you said they may prefer to 'not to have it' too.

It is my personal aggravation that such great composer (who is beyond others) isn't recognized yet while others are.

I was playing the it my sony mp3 player and also tried home theater system. I am not an audiophile or know more about it, but thought IR would separate into channels (?) like L,R, center etc. so that distinct sounds can be hear in those channels alone. It all sounded in the same 'center'. Hence couldn't isolate it.
    Hope I was able to explain it. (basically, sometimes, you hear one particular instrument in right ear alone, like that....)

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    By no means does IR lack recognition. If that appears to be the case currently, it is only because he is a yesteryear composer operating in a flavour-of-the-season game (which is what film music is). I seem to remember in some of the Rajkiran films from the 90s there would be tall claims about IR's mastery right at the start of the opening credits. Oscars aren't the only kind of recognition and furthermore recognition cannot be a competitive sport where we measure what recognition has accrued to IR vis a vis ARR. IR was king of Tamil film music throughout the 80s and up to early 90s and has won National Award twice. What more recognition is required? Consider that his chief influence in Western music, J S Bach, wasn't even considered a great composer in his lifetime. Many of the great artists of earlier centuries died bereft of either recognition or money. Bram Stoker died in penury for instance and how much money Hollywood has made by reprising his classic work 'Dracula'. Compared to such examples, we should be grateful that IR has in fact been showered with adulation and respect possibly beyond his wildest dreams in his lifetime.
    Last edited by crimson king; 1st January 2016 at 07:45 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Director Samuthrakani's movie "APPA" has music by IR:

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ck,
    very well said. I agree.
    Probably, like many other fans of IR, I felt the pinch when others who are not on par with IR seems to boast and get appreciated.

But deep in our hearts, we know the truth. Guess, that's more than enough appreciation for IR.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

Wish you a HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2016 !

I have started a new thread for IR's albums 2016, news and titbits. Below is the link. Let us please continue our discussions there.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...71#post1278671

thanks,

Krishnan

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Track 1- * "Hero" intro theme'naalum adhula "music" dhaan hero...#Thaarai Thappattai..This Hero Intro Theme is in Sindhu Bhairavi | S R2 G2 M1 G2 P D1 N2 S | N2 D1 P M1 G2 R1 S N2 S...Raja has explored all dimensions of Sindhu Bhairavi in the past -- from the deep melancholy of Mani Osai Kettu Ezhundhu (Payanangal Mudivadhillai) to erotic Sivarathiri Thookam Yedhu (Micheal Madhana Kama Rajan) ....His Ram Ram (in Hey Ram) was a more militant sounding Sindhu Bhairavi...Here in this theme, the sindhu bhairavi evokes devotion, is artistic, powerful and the Nadhaswaram stands tall with its all glory...Another such similar use of devotion and emotionally intense Sindhu Bhairavi is found in Amman Kovil Kumbham Inge (Aranmanai Kili).....

Track 2 - Vathana Vathana - Priyadarshini (along with Kavitha Gopi) has tried a Kovai Kamala genre here - What an attitude in the singing man !! Just love this song because it celebrates the joyous village festival music in a grand way ! It is fun filled track but maintains its king royale knd of stature ! கிராமத்தில் கூத்து பாடல்கள் கேட்டவர்கள் இந்த பாடலின் அழகை இன்னும் ஆழமாய் உணர்வார்கள்

Track 3- பாருரு வாய பிறப்பறவேண்டும் பத்திமை யும்பெற வேண்டும். Manickavasagar's Ennappadhigam.....Sathya Prakash, Surmukhi have sung like meditation...this tune is like that...it is not music...it is meditation....this is just divine tune in Mayamalawagowlai ....S R1 G3 M1 P D1 N3 S | S N3 D1 P M1 G3 R1 S

பாருரு வாய பிறப்பறவேண்டும் பத்திமை யும்பெற வேண்டும்
    சீருரு வாய சிவபெரு மானே செங் கமல மலர்போல்
    ஆருரு வாயஎன் னார முதேஉன் அடியவர் தொகை நடுவே
    ஓருருவாய நின் திருவருள் காட்டி என்னையும் உய்யக்கொண் டருளே

பத்தில னேனும் பணிந்தில னேனும்உன் உயர்ந்தபைங் கழல் காணப்
    பித்தில னேனும் பிதற்றில னேனும் பிறப்பறுப்பாய எம்பெருமானே
    முத்தனை யானே மணியனை யானே முதல்வ னேமுறை யோஎன்று
    எத்தனை யானும் யான்தொடர்ந் துன்னை இனிப்பிரிந் தாற்றேனே.

(lyrics source - http://www.shaivam.org/tamil/thirumu...ivacha_044.htm)

Track 4 - Idarinum - Powerful lyrics from Raja and effortless singing as usual by Sharreth ! This is set in raga subhapantuvarali, the scale that is claimed to make you cry....May be thats why the song reminds one of Thedinen Deva Deva of Sri Ragavendra...This tune will live long long years to come. Timeless classic !! Subhapanthuvarali is | S R1 G2 M2 P D1 N3 S | S N3 D1 P M2 G2 R1 S - the raga creates gloomy effect ! - Another great number in Subhapanthuvarali in the devotional genre is Aazha Kadalil - Amma Paamaalai

Track 5 - Aattakkari Maman Ponnu - M.M.Manasi has done a fabulous job, her voice works beautifully for this magical tune (though some words slip out without clear diction, thats ok!)...Just like the Hero Intro Theme, this song is also set in Sindhu Bhairavi | S R2 G2 M1 G2 P D1 N2 S | N2 D1 P M1 G2 R1 S N2 S...But the R1 is dominant almost 100% of the melody, with no showing of R2...The charanams are just out of the world !!

Track 6 - * Thaarai Thappattai Theme - இது climax மியூசிக் ...Like many have said in many forums already -- this is SYMPHONY in TAMIL Folk base.....சும்மாவே பாலா மிரட்டுவாரு ...இதுல ராசா வேற ருத்ர தாண்டவம் !! நாடி நரம்பு ரத்தம் சதை எல்லாம் இசை ஊறின ஒருத்தரால தான் இது முடியும் ... கலி யுகம் அழியும் போது இந்த bgm use பண்ணலாம்... சின்ன பசங்களா ....கொஞ்சம் தூரமா ஓரமா போய் விளையாடுங்க ....எங்கள் இசையாகிய ஈசன் கொஞ்சம் கோபமா இருக்கார் !!

10. Thanks K thanked for this post
    Likes K liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any pointers to buy TharaThappattai @ US
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svaisn View Post
    Any pointers to buy TharaThappattai @ US
    If you are into the Mac/iOS ecosystem, the entire album is avail in iTunes for $5.99

Quote Originally Posted by Mod