Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1160

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dochu/Hulkster/CK
    when I first heard the Paaruruvaayo song, it gave me goose bumps and not to mention the melancholic connection it brings alongside Naan Kadavul (Kannil Paarvai Pol). with Kannil paarvai song the rendition was stunning and the way the music would complement the singer and take it to a crescendo during second charanam and its interludes nothing short of master piece. who else but IR can conceive such orchestration for s simple melancholic tune and for a blind person singing with utmost emotions and dissertion.

coming back to Paaruravaayo , again the context may be similar because the connection and story telling format is for a bala film. Again it gives me a Eerie feeling everytime (about 7-8 times) I have listed to from yesterday.

Question that arises each time how come this man at 73 years feel , get into the skin of the character time and again and deliver such a master piece.
    Mind blowing with the way he orchestrates and executes seamlessly. Did you see a newbie sitting on the mixing console when the master was in full flow conducting along side and Bala chipping in briefly with some utterances while recording was in progress?

so organically things are being done and for the 1000th time !!!!

How on earth he can do it again and again.

I imagine and desperately want Kamal to get back to IR for another round of composing session and extract another master piece like Hey ram or Virumaandi kinda album . we can see the man in full throttle action giving his best!!!

Hmmmm.... Kadavule,!!! let this materiaise .....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    while browsing those Youtube videos, once again I revisited the July dated Thanthi TV , Tanjavur location shooting spot and IR visit.
    How much silly can the media persons get for the Nth time and instigate and irritate the Music god.

One guy asks questions like .....
    Sir, Neega recenta Hindila "Shamitabh: maadri padangallukum Isai amaikkireenga and Ippo Balavoda padamana Tharai Thappattai madiriyana Gramiya padangallukkum ore nerathile work panringo??? Eppadi ungalala sathiyamaagudu?

If I was sitting there beside Bala or another assistant in the crowd, I would come right underway and smack this media guy?

How much more stupid can these questions get and at the way he puts his question?

For IR stature he got annoyed for sure and took on to answer it by quoting the best example possible and for the Nth time that I have seen.

Seriously he should refrain from Media from now on and give it back to these dumb asses until they realize their mistake and repent???

Seriously .......

All questions are so flat , standard , Immature , some times ridiculing like the one asked during Beep song controversy last week.

Media and scribes of today are worst , do not know what they are supposed to learn and perform in the field ?

I am saying this to all the media from NI, Karnataka, AP and TN mostly. Kerala the Interviewing process and media men do not exaggerate or create Hype for every silly things going on each day. people there are knowledgeable to a large extent and refrain from mediocre and cheap publicity.

Tamil nadu strives on Hype, Tension and Padattamana suzhnilai each day. Media is responsible for this situation and starts at dawn each day.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bala movies have always talked about the extremes of birth, life & death. Its his way of showing reality through motion picture.

Sethu/Nanda ends with death.
    Avan Ivan closes with a death rally.
    Pitha Magan opens with a brith in a graveyard.
    Naan kadavul starts with a search in Kasi amoung cremating & floating bodies.
    Paradesi is almost a walk on rope between birth & death, a life left hanging somewhere inbetween.

So Thaarai Thappatai is not going to be any different. The amazement is that IR supporting Bala with different shades to a common idea. Even YSR in 'Oru Aiyram Yennai' from Nandha purely merged with his father.

Indha Pongal Kari Kuruma thaan (LoL). IR bgm-ku waiting. GVP in Paradesi was good, but the visuals were eating out his score. Bala needs IR, even IR's Silience is Music.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

5. Likes K liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the tone has become more serious with Naan Kadavul and if the music is any indication, Thaarai Thappatai will follow suit. Sethu had the love track to begin with which gave IR more scope to show different shades of emotion. Pithamagan was even more mainstream and produced the lovely Elangathu. With Naan Kadavul, it's become all melancholy. I will have to wait sometime to slowly digest this new monster.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஊர்கள் கூடும் திருநாளை
    தொடங்கிவைக்கும் என் கூட்டம்
    முடிந்தால் ஊரோரம் ஒதுங்கி வாழவேண்டும்

இசைதெய்வம் கலைவாணி
    எனக்கருளும் போதும்
    ஊர்தெய்வம் பேசாது சாட்சிபோல பார்க்கும்

நிறைந்த எந்தன் நெஞ்சம்
    திறந்திருக்கும் வானம்
    குறைகள் தன்னைத் தள்ளி
    உண்மை கொண்டு வாழும்

எனக்கென்று எது உண்டு
    இங்கு இந்த மண்ணில்
    எந்த எதிர்பார்ப்பும் இல்லை
    வேறு என்ன வேண்டும்

இசையிலும் எழுத்திலும் இளையராஜா ஆடிய தாண்டவம்தான் தாரைதப்பட்டை
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    எங்கேயும் பிசிறாத, தயங்கி நிற்காத தெளிவான இசை ஓட்டம் ராஜாவின் முத்திரை. #தாரைதப்பட்டை யின் 'நாயகன் அறிமுக தீம் இசைப்பாடல்' ஒரு சோறுபதம்.

இந்த தீம் இசையும் பல்லவி, சரணம் என அமைக்கப்பட்டுள்ள மற்ற திரையிசைப் பாடல்களைப் போல ஒன்றுதான். குரலுக்கு பதிலாக துளைக்கருவி. அம்புடுதேன்!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hulkster,
    I am sorry, you are feeling the other way. I had to bring that up because, I felt there is nothing wrong in expressing right and wrong. It is how IR expressed his views against the reporter who asked an irrelevant question.

My point was that, IR's mastery isn't being noticed and I wish Oscar team notices that such great music is coming from a man who has surpassed the number of films even for a western composer.

I am not sure on what occasion should such things be brought up.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tharai thappatai....

Listened more (more than 20 times)
    As a normal song to listen to, I would pick 'aatakari and vanthana'. Idarinum and parurvaaya is heavy - not for normal listening. Aarambum...sadly very bland and so is hero intro tune.

Theme music stands out the most and next aattakari.

I listened in Bose noise canceling headphones too, the theme music could have been better recorded. So many sounds, at some points, all merges and can't even make out. I wish the kerala and tamil style drums etc were played in different channels and rest kept separate.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Dochu! Bringing out a way to make IR be noticed is fine, just that it does not have to involve us calling out ARR or any other composer. Unfortunately, Oscar awards are not the correct or best award for music. Grammy should be the actual one but it has lost its value over the years.

Somehow IR does not seem interested in being noticed on the international stage. I have said before that he is like a mad scientist who prefers to explore more and more of music with his ideas while letting people like us spread the wonder of his output.

Agree about the theme music sound recording, especially towards the end. There is a clap like sound right at the end which i can't make out whether it is really a clap sound or not.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the most stunning part of the theme music is the last part. The human chorus replacing the nadhaswaram to result in a very omnious and mysterious sound alongside the raw anger of the percussions catches me off guard all the time. I wonder whether tharai thappattai has some horror in the way sasikumar seeks revenge on all the evildoers.