Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    13.the recreation of the acapella 'naan porandhu vandhadhu' from mayabazaar, must have taken hours and hours of practice to make it perfect - as IR himself said after that song - during a recording, it can be redone until it becomes perfect, but not so, doing it onstage - kodi kodi nandri for the singers who did this onstage!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv View Post

After the show on our way back to car, IR said "janaki is the only artist who could render the song as is and Chitra is the next best" and someone in the car mentioned that "Janaki scolded you in a recent TV interview" and IR said "sollittu poraanga, Yaaro edho solraanga, avanga sonna thappillai". He has lot of respect and admiration for Janaki.
    Wow, I really admire that "someone"...how he got guts to say that in front of IR and how he took that lightly and responded back....
    By the way I missed the opportunity njv, I should have come to NJ concert and met you, and you would at least helped me in seeing thalaivar close enough and got a photo opportunity.....

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buggle : we will definitely plan for fans meet next time he is in US.

I have also suggested and online fans meet as well. Not sure if he will do that with busy schedule (15+ movies and his world tour), lets hope for the best.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv View Post
    Buggle : we will definitely plan for fans meet next time he is in US.

I have also suggested and online fans meet as well. Not sure if he will do that with busy schedule (15+ movies and his world tour), lets hope for the best.
    Thanks njv..

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It has been 2 weeks since the NJ concert. But still it remains afresh and i think it will stay afresh in our memory.

Here are some interesting info shared by IR & SPB.

1.on Ninnu kori varnam - IR mentioned that director did not request this song. This song was composed on 1-4-87 (Raja Sir showing the original notes). Manirathinam wanted this to be a chorous song. But Raja Sir felt that there is no space for creativity. So he decided to compose Mohanam raga based song in western style. Since saint Thiyagaraja's keerthana "Ninnu kori varanam" is also in Mohanam, Valli used that lyric as base and then wrote the remaining song.

2. #Lalitha priya kamalam - IR said director (KB) did not choose the character name of the heroine for that movie even after 2 months. During Composition, KB mentioned that he will choose the name of the heroine based on the raga of the song that IR had chosen to compose. The song was set in Lalitha ragam (Raja sung Dikshitar krithi, Hiranmayee lalitha) and KB had chosen that name.

3. SPB said that till date he (IR) will first start writing the notes of the song and then only he will start using his "harmonium". He will first write the lead singers name that he had in mind in his note first and then only start write down the notes.

4. IR shared another interesting info.. Till date, he had not taken more than 4 minutes to complete the notes of a song starting from Annakilli to NEPV and that's 920 films.

5. SPB said that black eyed peas in their elephunk theme album used IR's song "unakkum ennakkum anandam". But that was done without IR's knowledge and later blackeyedpeas apologized and did recognize IR.

6. on the same note, SPB said that many hindi composers blatantly ripped IR's composition and used in hindi movies without even offering a recognition. SPB recalled that one famous composer asked him to sing "rakkama kayaathattu" tune in hindi version without even knowing that it was sung by SPB in tamil and also claimed that its their original tune.
    7. SPB recalled that IR never used any pre recorded composition in his composition including the starting mantras used in kadhal oviyam or any other songs. IR said that kadal oviyam song has several ragas in it.. (interesting info)
    8. nila athu vanathu mela / Then pandi chemaiyle -- mani wanted a lullaby first. After hearing lullaby, mani wanted a peppy number in the same tune and thus born nila athu vannathu mela.. IR sung both of the songs and showed how they are same..

Any one who attended NJ event, please add or update any other interesting info that i missed.

Post Thanks / Like
    On our way to Prudential for the concert, I was informing organizers where we were and at some point I mentioned that "literally 5 minutes" and Raaja sir said its a grammer mistake and I shouldn't use "literally" when talking! I responded by saying "naan Tamil medium sir" and he just laughed (implies I didn't go to school but has better grammer than you).
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Ilayaraja's Toronto Concert is shown in Vijay TV - until 5PM today.

Ilayaraja's Toronto Concert is shown in Vijay TV - until 5PM today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Toronto Show Vijay TV
    First Part

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like he is going to perform in Melbourne ,Australia on May 12, koduthu vaithavargal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jmahesh View Post
    Looks like he is going to perform in Melbourne ,Australia on May 12, koduthu vaithavargal
    Ilayathalam says its a rumour. Based on what I heard while Raaja sir was in NJ, he is planning on a concert in London in May. Not sure what's going on here. I will try to get some info and update.

Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast