Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Irir- I didn't know you went to CA show. Would have loved to meet. We have few things to catch up. I will send PM.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    1. IR entering the stage like a military commander and starting the concert right on time!
    They started playing the intro BGM without telling IR. maestro was eating his sandwich and suddenly called to be on stage. He didnt have time to drink water as well. Until the last step, he was eating/cleaning left over in his mouth. I was bit concerned and thought he might choke, but managed very well.

Before that IR and SPB were comparing 2 sandwiches! SPB wasn't hungry, but IR forced him to eat (urimayudan "saapiduda apparam pasikkum").

After the show on our way back to car, IR said "janaki is the only artist who could render the song as is and Chitra is the next best" and someone in the car mentioned that "Janaki scolded you in a recent TV interview" and IR said "sollittu poraanga, yaar Yaaro edho solraanga, avanga sonna thappillai". He has lot of respect and admiration for Janaki.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv View Post
    Irir- I didn't know you went to CA show. Would have loved to meet. We have few things to catch up. I will send PM.
    njv - adadaa! i thought you were in NJ and already attended that event - had no clue you were attending the SJ event as well!

btw, I teamed up with another old-time TFM hubber, to go to the show ! but he is not active here any longer - he was also involved with RaajanGAHM the erstwhile IR project from the 1990s!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    njv - adadaa! i thought you were in NJ and already attended that event - had no clue you were attending the SJ event as well!

btw, I teamed up with another old-time TFM hubber, to go to the show ! but he is not active here any longer - he was also involved with RaajanGAHM the erstwhile IR project from the 1990s!
    I wouldnt miss it for gods sake. I was there in all 3 events, but had the opportunity to be with him in NJ and continuded that in CA. You may have noticed me as well... Guy with navy blue jeans, white shirt, a Nikon D5200 camera and a small (maestro's) camcorder moving around the auditorium and disturbing people

Post Thanks / Like
    SJ show of IR - contd...

8. IR gave an interesting anecdote abt the origin of the 'maasi maasam aalaana ponnu' tune for Dharma durai - am paraphrashing him here:

"namma superstar illa ? avaru paattu composingku vandhu, 'thanni karuthhurichhu' tune madhiri venum indha situationukku - apdeenu kettaar - naan sonnen - adhu yerkanavey potta tune - indhaanga vera tune, indha situationukku correcta irukkum - adhu thaan 'maasi maasam aalaana ponnu' tune pirandha kadhai".

9. SPB asked IR if he has written any song in Telugu - IR said he has done it once - a spiritual verse after he was inspired by a thyagaraja keerthanai.

10. hariharan did ample justice to 'manjolai kili thano', 'isaiyil thodangudhamma' songs - brilliantly rendered!

11. IR sathham podra makkalskku oru dose vuttaru - adhukku munnadi thaan Karthik, sathhamey illaiyey apdeenu usuppethhi vituttu ponaar! IR oda thittu karthik pakkam thaan poyirukkanum!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv View Post
    When this concert was slated for Nov 16, I was thinking of posting here to let any other state attendees know I'd be happy to host them and/or help them get around the area. Alas! I came to know about the Mar 1 date very late and therefore didnt check this thread for days.

Adada, miss pannitome oru get together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teja View Post
    I heard from the organizers that IR had some nice things to say about Bay Area's audience. Will write about that soon.
    Waiting for that, teja. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    irir123 - Thanks for posting interesting events.. its always great to hear about maestro.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some interesting info shared by the organizers of Ilayaraja's concert in San Jose (Bay Area Telugu Association):

- Raja is super happy with the response to the concert. During the lunch on Saturday, he was recollecting how the entire crowd of 10,000 people did not get up from their seats even after he concluded the concert. It was 12:15AM but they were not tired and were asking for more songs. Raja & SPB had to announce that the concert is over, multiple times. Only then people started getting up.

- Raja extended his compliments the audience in bay area, calling them musically inclined and well disciplined. He was recollecting how they were clapping very precisely to the rhythm when Chitra was performing 'Ninnu Kore Varnam'. Chitra has also made similar comments.

- When the organizers asked Raja to come back for another concert, Raja seems to have readily agreed. More details awaited.

Post Thanks / Like
    12. when SPB sang 'ilamai ennum poongatru', we was floored ! cudnt have been a greater tribute to both the late Kannadasan, as well as IR and SPB himself - oldtime hubbers would remember the times when this song was analyzed piece-by-piece for its chords progression - hats off to the orchestra to demonstrate the entire thing to perfection onstage!

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast