Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure who is speculating all these, but very interesting theories. If anyone know why they didnt show up, please post it here. Would be interesting to know
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kr View Post
    I heard Hari made a fuss he wouldnt sing Telugu songs and dropped out - Is that true? How about Sadhana?
    My wife did talk to Sadhana Sargam. It looks like she was booked for Toronto and California concerts (since NJ concert was planned at a later stage). She was heading back home after the Toronto concert. Not sure about Hari..

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balaji, I was told about Hari by the TAGDV guys who said they were there in the morning for the rehearsal of telugu songs. It seems they had a meeting with IR that was cancelled because IR had to rehearse that morning for the telugu songs. Apologize if untrue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kr View Post
    Balaji, I was told about Hari by the TAGDV guys who said they were there in the morning for the rehearsal of telugu songs. It seems they had a meeting with IR that was cancelled because IR had to rehearse that morning for the telugu songs. Apologize if untrue.
    You don't need to apologize. it's just people assuming things and speaking on behalf of artists and creating bad impression. Morning rehearsals happened in the same sequence that you saw in the evening. That's one of the reason senior artists and legends like Raja sir don't speak much. We interpret them differently. People don't listen. They hear what they want to hear. I myself miscommunicated few times because I don't know some of the terms they use, so imagine how many people the messages must have crossed before coming to you.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea why Raja sir got upset over the audience towards the end? I thought the crowd behaved well, showed their maturity and respected the artists. I heard the message said, but I felt it could have been handled better or ignored it
    Last edited by Sundar Varadarajan; 27th February 2013 at 08:19 AM.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    TV9 covering the event in their news.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundar Varadarajan View Post
    Any idea why Raja sir got upset over the audience towards the end? I thought the crowd behaved well, showed their maturity and respected the artists. I heard the message said, but I felt it could have been handled better or ignored it
    There are few people in VIP section, constantly demanding Telugu songs and continuously disturbed.

Handled better: this is not any official answer, but after the show while going back maestro said he didn't connect with audience for first few songs but established connection after a while. I am not sure how you can quantify this. It's the vibe and feeling of being involved. Perhaps for maestro he indeed was talking to every one of us. Put yourself in that shoe and think about someone breaking that bond.

Raaja sir is music and music is Raaja sir. In our way backed, when we thanked his, he said "why thank me? It's my duty". He seriously believe har his life is meant to create music for us, so he takes music very very seriously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv View Post
    There are few people in VIP section, constantly demanding Telugu songs and continuously disturbed.

Handled better: this is not any official answer, but after the show while going back maestro said he didn't connect with audience for first few songs but established connection after a while. I am not sure how you can quantify this. It's the vibe and feeling of being involved. Perhaps for maestro he indeed was talking to every one of us. Put yourself in that shoe and think about someone breaking that bond.

Raaja sir is music and music is Raaja sir. In our way backed, when we thanked his, he said "why thank me? It's my duty". He seriously believe har his life is meant to create music for us, so he takes music very very seriously.
    Agree with you 100% NJV... Thanks for explanation

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundar Varadarajan View Post
    Here is my list of songs

1) Janani Janani -- thai moogambigai
    2) om siva om - Naan kadavul (maestro and karthik rocked.. really felt the vibration)
    3)jagadananda karaka - Sri ramajayam(Telugu-- SPB and Anitha)
    4) Ithu sangeetha thirunaalo - Kadhulukku mariyathai (Bhavatharini and chorus)
    5) shenbagemy shenbagemy -Enga ooru pattukaaran (Mano)
    6) Mounamela Noye - sagarasangamam ( SPB and Chitra- spb sung telugu and tamil version)
    7) Ninnukoori Varanam - Agni nakshatram (Chitra all the way..)
    8) Lalitha priya kamalam /Ithazil kathai ezhuthum - Rudraveena
    9) Idhayam oru kovil - Ithaya kovil (Maestro)
    10) Thamana Thamanana -Puthiya varpugal(Interludes are different from original..but mindblowing)
    11) thogai ilayamayil - Payanagal mudivathillai
    12) Ennodu vaa - NEPV
    13)Tholin mela yarum illa- short one from Karthikraja, Yuvan and karthik
    14) ninaivo oru paravai - Sigappu rojakkal
    15) Naan thedum sevanthi poovithu - Dharmapathini - IR and Chitra
    16) Azhagu malar aada - Vaitheki kathirunthaal - Senthil and Ramya
    17) Anandam then kaatru thalatuthey - Manipoor mamiyar - Senthil and Ramya (haven't heard this song before)
    18) Balampatti baama vallo - bobbili raja - mano and chitra
    19) Naanga naan illai - Thoongathey thambi thoongathey (interesting songs 21 thru 25 are in same raaga "Hindolam" and all sung without a break
    20) madhura mazhikozhundu - enga ooru pattukaran
    21) oliyele therivathu - azhaki (karthik and the orchestra were awesome)
    22) sorkamey endralum - ooruvitu ooru vandhu (IR tweaked the lyrics to customize)29)O priya Priya - Geetanjali (Telugu)
    23) Naan poranthu valaranthu - Mayabaazar (Song without orchestra.. hearing it for the 1st time)
    24) Priyathama - Jagadeka Veerudu Atiloka Sundari (telugu)
    25) saindhu saindhu - NEPV
    26)sundari kannal oru seidhi -Dhalapathi (SPB and chitra.. no matter how much time u hear, u get the same feeling.. maestro maestro thaan)
    27) Maate Mantramu Seetakoka Chiluka - (Telugu version of kadhal oviyam padum kaviyam)
    28)kaatri varum geethamey - Oru naal oru kanavu
    29) ananda ragam ketkum - panner pushpangal (Priyadharshini did justice to Uma ramanan)
    30)Enno Raatrulostayi-- telugu version of maasi maasam alaana poonu
    31) vanithamani - vikram
    32)unakkum enakkum anandam- "Black eyed peas" tamil track thats the power of maestro
    33)poovarsam poo pothachu - Kizhakey pogum rail
    34) Abba Nee Tiyyani Debba- Jagadeka Veerudu Atiloka Sundari (Telugu) - original version of dhak dhak from beta
    35) Thendral vandhu theendum bodhu- Avaatharam
    36) priyathama-- Jagadeka Veerudu Atiloka Sundari
    37) Enno Raatrulosthayi
    38)Prema Entha Madhuram -ABHINANDANA (Telugu)
    39)botany class undi - Shiva (Telugu)
    40) orampo orampo rukumani - Poonu ooruku pudusu
    41) kuthu chamba pacharisi - Annakilli
    42) nila athu vanathu mela and thenpandi chemmaiyele - nayagan - The show ended with Lullaby
    Thanks Sundar for the detailed list. So, the tally is 16% Telugu Songs Vs 84% Tamil songs and that's why I guess, the Telugu guys were frustrated and making noise. I also heard some Kannada folks in the first level gallery asking for Kannada numbers - For instance, a combination of Jotheyalli transitioning to Vizyille to Jane Do Na would have done some magic. Actually, I expected numbers like Mandram Vandha, Andhi Mazai...in addition. But, then, I guess, there are many aspects to consider and the list could get very long as, all of IR's songs are gems and evergreen.
    Ramesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Ramesh,
    SPB clearly mentioned to audience that we should ask only "music" and not distinguish Telugu, Tamil or Hindi songs. As a matter of fact, I was expecting one or two Mallu or hindi songs.. But no regrets. The song selections were super and best.

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast