Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv View Post
    svaisn

Yes. I was fortunate and more than blessed enough to be on the stage. White shirt, beige pant.

Thanks
    njv
    Lucky you wish I had known u in person... unga thayavule Rajave pakkathule paathirukaalam anyways, no regrets....just want to listen to him.. athu pothum
    Karthik -Happy Illa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    njv - Take a bow. This concert was just terrific. Please convey this to the whole team. I won't be surprised if this remains one of the best concerts of Raja ever.

I am totally surprised how they pulled off every Telugu song with ease given that they were all last minute additions. I totally loved all telugu song choices too.

Thank you, really!
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im really happy for all of you who got to attend this spectacular concert ..By seeing the song list and updates , it seems like it was the best ever concert of IR ..
    Even in Endrendrum Raaja in Chennai which was a whirlwind experience and Bangalore one where the sound quality was great we didnt have this many songs performed..

Congrats njv .. Considering that there were no plans in the beginning to even have a concert in the first place , the way it has come out deserves a thunderous applause ..
    For many of you it must have been an unforgettable experience.. I hope and wish this event will be telecasted in India ..

Waiting for you njv to post exclusively about Raja..
    Hope you guys had the opportunity to have dinner with him and ask some interesting questions regarding his music , website , digitisation of his songs , BGM etc..
    Hats off yet again for the effort

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skr View Post
    Im really happy for all of you who got to attend this spectacular concert ..By seeing the song list and updates , it seems like it was the best ever concert of IR ..
    Even in Endrendrum Raaja in Chennai which was a whirlwind experience and Bangalore one where the sound quality was great we didnt have this many songs performed..

Congrats njv .. Considering that there were no plans in the beginning to even have a concert in the first place , the way it has come out deserves a thunderous applause ..
    For many of you it must have been an unforgettable experience.. I hope and wish this event will be telecasted in India ..

Waiting for you njv to post exclusively about Raja..
    Hope you guys had the opportunity to have dinner with him and ask some interesting questions regarding his music , website , digitisation of his songs , BGM etc..
    Hats off yet again for the effort
    Thanks. We had dinner with raja sir, but it was crowded heavily and could t ask much, but I asked few questions and got favorable answer to most of it. Questions I received and asked raja sir are

1. Meenakshi Sthotram, BGM tracks - in digital form - wait for announcement soon
    2. Possibility of doing Italy like concert - probably the only question that brightened up his face
    3. possibility of some major western media (BBC, CNN like standard) doing his documentary

Since I haven't received any questions about website, I didn't ask him. There is a team working on his website. If there are any specific questions, I can direct it to them. I myself is going to suggest 1 question per day/week and possibility of interacting his global fans thru online.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Few things

1. I didn't ask these questions during dinner night, but asked him during other time I had with Raaja sir.
    2. I myself is not associated with IDreamMedia. I am a friend of CEO of IDream media and a very very fortunate volunteer. Even Raaja sir don't know it.
    3. I myself doesn't know music. I tried hard to learn and never got it, but more determine now to try again. Any pointers here would be of great help. So in couldn't ask questions that were too technical (something to do with selection of particular raga for a song or how he select scale for a song).

I also want to thank Tfmpage hubbers, because thru this forum I learned enough to not mess up with Raaja sir.

I tried to help hubbers in anyway I could. If I didn't respond favorably to any hubbers (mostly picture with Raaja sir or what's his schedule, so we can visit the place and see glimpse of Raja sir), that's because the minute I bring people (including my own kids), he will lose trust on me.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NMK View Post
    NJV, Thank you for all the help!. I am lucky/blessed to make it to this show.
    Than you indeed. Many people volunteered to only get glimpses or Raaja sir and never did any work, but you did helped us, so thank you.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    went to the NJ concert. venue was very good, it was great to see the crowd building up before the concert, there was awesome sense of excitement/anticipation in the crowd, felt like being in a close family function.

there was delay, concert started at 7PM. "NJV" , based on your posts, I am assuming you were the person on the stage before the concert with the lady in blue sarree, you did a good job, cant say the same for your co-host

the concert started with an instrumental piece raaja said was composed for this tour and then it was janani janani, I get goosebumps just typing that up, it was surreal seeing him. just that was worth going to the concert.

Did not want to start the post with a negative tone, but there were issues. while i didnt have great seats on the floor like some other posters seemed to have had, i did have decent seat ($100) on the lower level about 20-30 rows above the floor almost in straight line from the stage. when i walked in, i was bracing myself for awesome sound. But when the concert started, it was like music out of a boombox. It was very very frustrating, it sounded like just speakers up front near the stage were on, I don't know how they setup sound for rock concerts which must happen at this venue but if it was this way people would ask for money back. it was as if no rehearsal was performed earlier to test the sound. I am not technical enough to explain what was wrong, but there definitely was not enough bass, couldnt hear the chorus, it was tough to hear Ramya's voice in saindhu sanduh etc,.. it went on like this for nearly half the concert, by the time they hit Sundhari kannal oru seidhi everything seemed to have been taken care of, it sounded great except they cut off Chitra's mic right after an interlude for a couple .

Good:
    Vanitha mani was pleasant surprise, was great
    Raaja, at least at the beginning was in good mood, was having fun singing.
    As always, SPB, Chitra, Mano and Karthik, for that matter all singers (except one) were very good
    thamthana thamthana had a new arrangement was very good. IR said it was done specifically for the tour as well. crowd asked for a repeat, mano was stand-in MC and didnt really get what was requested
    there was very little random speechifying on stage, once the music started it was all about music for good portion of the first half
    Raaja appreciated the telugu version of the lyrics for maasi maasam, whatever people say about him not appreciating wordings is not accurate
    At one point SPB said, "I have been asking him to do tours for a while, i am glad he has finally started". Raaja said that he would like to but it takes a lot of effort and despite everything they do, mistakes happen on stage and every time that happens he feels thousand pin pricks. He was very honest (as always) and humble about it, felt like he gets demotivated by it.
    He credited Karthik (raaja) for helping him with arrangements for thendral vanthu (again, this was another song that got messed up by sound where i was sitting) and several other songs
    there were lot more good stuff like these

not so good:
    He did lecture the crowd at one point when there were repeated requests. he even implied that it was disrespectful. I think his point was that they have prepared several good songs and it will not be fair to just play something without preparing ahead...
    Karthik was heavily under utilized.
    Songs were great for rabid fans like us, but some more peppy songs would have worked the crowd better.
    Dont think he can handle multilingual audiance, would be nice if he just let SPB take over tamil/telugu mix of song selection and addressing the crowd in english. I think telugu fans felt a little let down.
    Yuvan, Karthik raja and karthik attempted an impromptu (at least it felt that way) rendition of "roading mele" it didnt work very well

Bad:
    There was a clear sigh ("ayyoo..") in the section of crowd where I was every time Bavatharini was asked to sing, clearly the weakest singer.
    Sound

Overall it was well worth it. Hope he does this again, but I doubt he will.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have lot of things to share.. I will write a detailed report and post tonight.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Idhayam Oru Koil - my little piece of video in HD quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by motte_dhaasan View Post
    there was delay, concert started at 7PM. "NJV" , based on your posts, I am assuming you were the person on the stage before the concert with the lady in blue sarree, you did a good job, cant say the same for your co-host
    Overall it was well worth it. Hope he does this again, but I doubt he will.
    I am not the person on stage, but I am the one who suggested him as Plan B. If I had been there on stage at 6 PM, it would have been an empty auditorium by 7 PM. BTW, it wasnt a delayed start, but a planned delay, so all people can come in. We are waiting for accurate status of how many people showed up after 6 PM, but we expect this to be ~20%. Thats how all concerts are done.

Dont assume anyting about Raaja sir. We all have surprises awaiting... watch out facebook.com/Ilayathalam. I strongly suggest you to subscribe to the page as well.

Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast