Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KR - I was on 4th row and couldn't see you since I was going back and forth. Glad that you had better/best view.

Maestro is so simple and very casual. I will post my experience with maestro later.

Being on the stage with raja sir is not even a dream I had in my life and it happened. I am more than blessed.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the bouncer was so moved by raja sirs music yesterday and he said he want to honor him by taking him to a nice restaurant.

He mentioned that His music is not Jazz, not Hip-hop, not blue but its his. He also said he was very well connected during the whole show.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are blessed njv, please do share your experience with the maestro

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggle View Post
    You are blessed njv, please do share your experience with the maestro
    I agree.. not may would get a chance like that. Balaji.. you are very fortunate to get an opportunity like that... something you can cherish for ever....

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நின்னுக்கோரி வர்ணம்!

Raja : அடுத்த பாட்டு போலாமா!
    Mano: அடுத்த பாட்டு உங்களோடு இணைந்து பாட
    Raja : ஓ! என்னோட நீ சேர்ந்து பாடப் போறியா ?
    Mano: இல்லை
    Raja : உனக்கும் எனக்கும் டூயட்டே இல்லையே
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    5 Hours of just MUSIC..... SPEECHLESS... It was amazing to see the huge crowd enjoying the music till 11:30 PM Raja's pure magic

On High.......
    a. Chitra Chechi singing Ninukori - almost the whole auditorium joined the song (clapping)
    b. Mano Shenbagame - When he finished both the charanam, there was a huge applause. Neat singing as always
    c. SPB and CHitra - Mounamaana neram, especially when SPB finished it in Tamil
    d. Raja Raja Raja - Idhayam oru koil, humming vandha pothe... had goose bumps... aprum it was sheer magic again
    e. Mano and Chitra - AND NOT TO FORGET Arunmozhi.. when he missed the flute after the chorus, Raja made them to it again and he proved it was a ONE OFF case and what followed was a FLAWLESS presentation...
    f. All of a sudden, without any hint... the auditorium heard the most soulful Aalap... then the chinnakuyil joined the Maestro in Naan Thedum Sevandhi poovidhu... :goosebumps:
    g. Karthik - Filled the auditorium with his magnificient voice OLIYILE... wished he had chitra for company :sigh:
    h. Yes, Once again he proved "HE WAS RAJA" and has tied the entire audience with his music with his Sorgame Endraalum... esp when he stopped during the saranam and sang the lyrics without music... the crowd brought the auditorium down with their claps... PRICELESS MOMENT
    i. Sundari Kannal and Thendral Vanthu -- Both the songs took us directly to HEAVEN.... Chitra supporting in both the song... SHE WAS THE QUEEN OF THE EVENT couldnt control it... almost in tears
    j. Lasttt BUT THE BEST.... Raja and SPB closing it off with style... Then pandi cheemayile in Telugu and then Raja singing it with his LYRICS

Suprises!!!
    a. Vanitha Mani - Didnt expect even a bit... wow!!!!! the drums shook the whole auditorium....
    b. Chitra and Anitha singing Tham thana tham thana thalam varum... Great, Great, Great...
    c. Priyadarshini's Poovarasampoo was flawless.. she deserves more
    d. Ramya and Yuvan signing Ninaivo oru paravai.... Man, you ought to listen the gal doing the humming towards the end of charanam
    e. Anitha, Ramya, Priyadarshini... These girls gave everything they had... simply amazing....

Wished......
    a. Hariharan and Sadhana were there... they could have saved "Kaatril varum geethame" - all time favourite
    b. Bhava wasnt given those songs...
    c. My favourites weren't sung in telugu Maasi masam, Priya oh Priya, Mounamana neram, Idazhlil kathai.... wanted to hear it in Tamil...

Couldn't understand what went wrong/planned for Unakkum enakkum was very confused..

Typical Raja, when he went mad at the crowd "2 months practice panninatha paada vidunga" "ithu than enakku thara mariyathaiyaa"... then when he made them play again Madura marikozhunthu (prelude), the shehnai part.... amazinggg Raja all over the venue.....

I just didn't want the concert to finish... wanted more and when Raja bowed in front of the audience... could stop my TEARS... was blessed to witness this LIVE.... PRAYING for a long life for this MAN and wish he continues to entertain us for manyyyyyyyyy manyyy more years
    Last edited by svaisn; 25th February 2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv View Post
    KR - I was on 4th row and couldn't see you since I was going back and forth. Glad that you had better/best view.

Maestro is so simple and very casual. I will post my experience with maestro later.

Being on the stage with raja sir is not even a dream I had in my life and it happened. I am more than blessed.
    Great
    were u in the group who were brought to stage...??
    It was a well organized show by the organizers... and THANKS for not spoiling the show with having Vivek/Gopinath....

We should have avoided the first hour mokkai of that lady semma mokkai good that they didnt come in during the concert.... THAPPICHOM DA SAAMI
    Last edited by svaisn; 25th February 2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svaisn View Post
    5 Hours of just MUSIC..... SPEECHLESS... It was amazing to see the huge crowd enjoying the music till 11:30 PM Raja's pure magic

I just didn't want the concert to finish... wanted more and when Raja bowed in front of the audience... could stop my TEARS... was blessed to witness this LIVE.... PRAYING for a long life for this MAN and wish he continues to entertain us for manyyyyyyyyy manyyy more years
    Very much true svaisn. I also have the same feeling/thought like you. I couldn't control my tears when he bowed. Even now when i think of that moment, tears started rolling...

Post Thanks / Like
    svaisn

Yes. I was fortunate and more than blessed enough to be on the stage. White shirt, beige pant.

Thanks
    njv

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    NJV, Thank you for all the help!. I am lucky/blessed to make it to this show.

Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast