Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Napolean/Arunmozhi on flute, needs special mention. He is fighting an army of violinists single handedly

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, Arunmozhi was consistently brilliant in the concert! Percussions dhaan lighta sodhappIttAnga.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last part.. 17-01-2012 (splitted in 7 parts)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ellam parunga.. parthutu.. pesanam.. share pannanam.. programme pathi.........
    Usha Sankar

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Endrendrum Raja" is markedly superior to "Andrum Indrum Endrum Raja" due to many reasons, the chief being its orchestral splendour that is near perfection. Also this one is richer in musical content with great song selection , professional and pleasing compering aligned to recognizing musical "saadhanai" , rather than hollow rhetoric , stage presence of giants like KJY, SPB, BMK , Hariharan, Chitra, able performance by new female singers like Surmuki and the other lady who sang "kaNmaNiye kadhal enbadhu", Budapest orchestra crew's awesome jazz performance, Raja's relaxed/happy mood to top these all.
    V_S, your wonderful recount of the 3 day music festival is like rewinding them all over again
    Raja's "Janani" was a lot better than the AIE concert. KJY , for his age managed "Amma endrazhaikkaadha" quite well . He altered the tune here and there but stayed within the ambit of Kalyani."Naanaaga naanillai" was cool and sober and matched SPB's low key presence. His usual joie de vivre was acutely missing esp in "madai thirandhu" . May be the loss of "Aranyakaandam" and Charan getting embroiled in a scandal took their toll
    Chitra was superb in all her rendering . I didn't miss Janaki at all. It did feel saddening not to see her usual smile. yArAvadhu Napoleonkku dhrishti suthi poduno. Manushar pinnitaar. Chinna kannan/poonkadhave/poove sempoove/ oru jeevan , oru raagam -all gleamed with his magical touch.
    KJY's age could not cope up with demands of oru raagam and en iniya pon nilaave. Somehow he managed a decent one for poove sempoove despite his wrong take on 2nd charanam. Thanks to that as we got to hear that monster of an interlude many times.
    Raja struggled with Oru jeevan and cHITRA more than made up for his faltering.
    I could hear the same young Chitra singing . What a dedicated performance!!!
    I wish SPB had sung Idhayam oru kovil and may be Raja should have sung only few portions instead of the whole song.
    Cruel age has crept slowly on SPB too as his sangathis were found wanting at many places and he was striving hard for the breathless pallavi in kaNmaNiye kadhal and his "konjal" were absent in "vizhiyile malarndhadhu". But he got his verve back with Kattu kyilu and iLamai idho idho.
    Kodi pranams to BMK for his impeccable "chinna kannan". I was spellbound at how he could still carry with elan those high pitched passages in "nenjil undagum ragam idhu thaana kaNmanNi Radha
    undhan punnagai sollaadha adhisayama azhage iLamai radhame"
    Dedication , thy other name - KJY/SPB/BMK/Chitra
    Minus -
    Poor Karthik had to salvae "edho mogam" as that C grade singer Rita went completely off-key in "sedhi enna" - idha kooda ozhunga paada varala. For the rest of the song her voice was sticking out . Raja should simply stop using her . She is Manjari no 2 and only better than Bhava. I did miss SJ in "idhu oru nila kaalam". This is one song where even the orchestra a;so could not recreate the original magic.I badly missed the majesty of trumpets, the thunderous drums during the opening and that jazzy guitar and keys part after the 2nd humming.

Iam happy that this concert belied my hopelessness !!

Post Thanks / Like
    The highlight of BMK's singing 'chinnakannan' (for the people who attended) was the way he effortlessly joined the pallavi from the charnam. Both times people were thrilled and there was applause all around. Infact, the earlier day when I met Rajasaranam and eagle, I was telling them that instead of sing some 'standard' hits they should try and get Balamuralikrishna to sing 'ChinnaKannan'. eagle wasn't sure if BMK's voice hadn't aged now. The suspicion also came about because BMK doesn't do concert nowadays. But all doubts were cleared during the program. What an effort it was.

Post Thanks / Like
    And yes, 'edho mogam' was probably the worst female performance in the program. I personally do not think Manjari is as bad as thumburu makes her to be She is no Janaki or Chitra for sure but she has done well in most of the songs Raja gave to her, especially in Malayalam.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    //thumburu - check PM//

Post Thanks / Like
    Conductor - R PUrushothaman

Solo Violin - R K Prabhakar

Notes: Judy David

Tabla: Prasad and Y.P.Prasad

Dolki:V B Madhu Pudhanan and K R Shruthi Raj

Rhytm: A Riyan Mahadevi and Jayachandran

Drums: V Kumar

Thavil: S Sundhar

Bass Guitar: M Saseetharan

Lead Guitar: S. Sadanandam

Keys: B Bharanidharan, N Jayakumar and D Sivaram

Trumpet: A Irudayaraj Babu and Maxwell Rajan

Flute: S Napolean

Saxophone: M S V Raja

Veenai: Punya Srinivas Devi

Shanai: Ballesh

Dilruba: Saroja

Sithar: Ganesh Muthu

Nadaswaram: Thirumoorthy

Western choir: Augustine Paul

Music coordinator: Subbaih

Post Thanks / Like
    Please dont search for the VACHA Parvai song.....It was there in the concert but they did not play in the telecast ...sad state of affairs

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast