Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "ஆயிரம் மலர்களே மலருங்கள்" - ம.வாசுதேவன் குரலில் பாடிய இளைஞர் வெகுசிறப்பாக பாடி முடித்தார். நான் எதிர்பார்க்கவேயில்லை. "மலைகள் மீது ரதி உலாவும் நேரமே..." என்ற இடத்திலிருந்து தாலாட்டு பாடாமல் தாயாகுமோ..." என்ற இடம்வரை மின்சாரம் பாய்ச்சிய தருணங்கள். பிசிறில்லாமல் சிறகை அசைத்து உயர உயர பறக்கிறார். ராஜாவின் முகபாவனை ஆயிரம் அர்த்தங்களை சொல்கிறது அந்த இடத்தில்.

0.42 - 1.13
    Last edited by venkkiram; 17th January 2012 at 05:32 AM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice reminder - what a phrase i say - malaigal meedhu radhi ulaavum nerame!!
    did he know that heroine was rathi?
    even then how nicely it fits with the musical and visual landscape?
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maestro's recap about Kavingar's ingenuity and spontaneity (as Plum mentioned) is a very interesting anecdote. I agree with Plum that not many geniuses fall into this category and he has every authority to issue that statement, as he is the living testimony for speed, spontaneity and quality. Definitely a goose-bump moment for me. But those singers performed shabbily, especially female singers. Male singer was ok, still I can feel how much we miss MV sir and Jency. Especially at the lines 'Rathi ulaavum nErame', thoroughly missed him. The singers just sang the words and there is absolutely no feel in it, just like some kids sing. Again who are those singers? Even the tempo was little less compared to the original one. But orchestra made up for it, extremely well.

Monumental moment of the whole concert is that excellent demonstration of Schubert's symphony and how he extracted Idhayam POguthe out of it. KV you explained it extremely well. I could not believe when all the instruments stopped, Raja sang Idhayam POguthe, I was totally mesmerized, what a moment that was! That's not all, with the same piece of music, he continued singing the song. Shashtaanga Namaskaarams! I would like to know from them who witnesses this live, how the audience reacted to these moments. There cannot be a better moment in any concert. Hats off to the musicians!

He even remembers the year and all the details when it was composed. Another demonstration to explain the symphony. What did he say 'Seeyakkai'? Why did he say that? I didn't quite get that. Those two set of instruments, violins and cellos first played separately and then together and Maestro cleverly explains it short and sweet. That's the authority we are talking about. It is sad all these precious treasures are not grasped by the current and upcoming music directors (even his kids), still they want to make quick money compromising very much on the quality. There is no one to carry his legacy! What a shame!

Another goosebump moments from Saagara Sangamam BGM.

If you have a monumental moment, there has to be a horrible moment following it. That's the female singer in Etho MOgham. Sothappified to the core by the female singer with all sorts of Abhaswarams. How can she sing like that, Naarasam to ears. Completey no feel. Missed Shreya Ghoshal very much. Every time orchestra has to come to rescue. Karthik did a good job, still at lower octaves, he could not register properly could see struggling.

Ilaiyaraajaa'vukku Ilaiyaraaja'vaa? Good one! Good try by Yuvan on Raja Kaiyya Vechcha, still he has abhaswarams most of the time when he sings! Magic re-created by orchestra again! The incident he explained was thoroughly touching!

Another masterpiece in Sindhu Bhairavi!

Poongathave was too good. Starting veena by Punya Srinivas Devi was excellent. Again tempo was little slow. Uma Ramanan sang little sadly, don't know why. Deepan was cool, no complaints. Napolean (flute) stole the song with able support from violins, nadhaswaram and Thavil. Solo violin by Mr. Prabhakar is another highlight of the song.

Oru Jeevan, Chitra ji again, what to tell, no mistakes, perfect 10. What a sincere singer she is! Thorough to her profession and art! Young female singers should learn from her, they were very careless today (except Surmuki, thanks Suresh ji for letting me know the singer's name. ).

Nadhaswaram piece and violin piece from Rudraveena, haunting piece of music!

It was surprising that the same females when singing choir were singing perfectly, but when they come to sing a solo or a duet, they were clueless. In Aayiram Thaamarai mottukkale, Surmuki was fantastic. Starting mridangam by Jaychan was exemplary. SPB sir was quite good, but as Nerd expressed, we can feel the tiredness in him.

Ilangaathu Veesuthe was good, who is the female singer again? She was quite good. I expected Sriram would sing still better as it was his own song.

Pazhassi raja, a marvel in new age!

Vizhiyile malarnthathu, SPB sir brought Rajini sir in front of me. Somehow I am not happy to see him struggling. Could not believe same SPB in SRR was exceptional and outstanding. K J Yesudas sir in En iniya Pon Nilaave. I believe this is the song, where KJY faltered at the start, right?. We didn't get to see it. Starting guitar by Sashee sir was so perfect. How casually he plays guitar as if it is a toy. Great! Choir was again perfect in backing up.

Greatest moment of this episode is the demonstration of Franz Schubert's piece and symphony, followed by Kavignar's anecdote.

Sorry for all the nitpicks, but it didn't take away an inch of enjoyment.

According to my opinion, today's honors for the best performer goes to the entire orchestra, they did some outstanding performance. The way they played Schubert's symphony piece cannot be described by words. Proud to see such a huge talent! Their other performances were also perfect and way better than the earlier 2005 concert, where we could hear at many places they could not re-create the magic, but here the hardwork and preparation shows and they were absolutely perfect in nailing down to recreate all the magic! Followed by Chitra ji's Oru jeevan Azhaithathu.

Looking forward to tomorrow's final episode.
    Last edited by V_S; 17th January 2012 at 06:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    திரு v.s,

"சின்னக் கண்ணன் அழைக்கிறான்" பாடலைப் பற்றிய உங்களது வார்த்தைகளுக்கு காத்திருக்கிறேன். இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியின் இதுவரையிலான முக்கியமான தருணங்கள் என்றால் அது பாலமுரளியும் ராஜாவும் மேடையை பகிர்ந்து கொண்ட இந்தப் பாடலும் அடங்கும்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks venkkiram for reminding me. How did I miss this moment? Somehow I keep remembering that Chinna Kanna Azhaikkiraan was performed yesterday. Sorry for that. Yes that was another sensational moment in the concert, as Prakash Raj aptly said, that we all love Maestro, but Maestro loves you. Exactly, how true! Maestro never forgets his elders and mentors. The way he kindly requested with a sort of hesitation 'Anna medaikku vaanga', there itself show his respect. Surprisingly at over 80 years, he sang Chinna Kannan Azhaikkiran song exceptionally well. Still we can hear the Gambheeram in his voice with no hint of shyness/nervousness. Prakash Raj's anecdote about Dr. BMK's mutual respect to Isaignani clearly shows how much high regards he has for him. I was also taken by SPB sir humility towards Dr. BMK. Apart from the music, I think these aspects appear to be missing in today's trend having regards to their peers and mentors. Great moment and thanks again for pointing that out.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a big sin to have missed out the first song of today. Nee Paartha Paarvai from Hey Raam. Before coming to that interesting speech by Kamal. Even after giving hits after hits, how he gets early around 4.30 pm and goes for classes to learn. It is still continuing till today as expressed by Maestro himself. Nee Paartha is one composition which cannot be done by others even after 'room pOttu yosichaalum' for several weeks or months or years, it will never happen. But it happens in seconds for Maestro. Beautifully done on stage. Class piano, and excellent violins played in counterpoints, and very well sung by Hariharan, Surmukhi and Manasi (except the start was little off-key). When they sang 'Uyire... Vaa...' any heart will melt. Another great moment in the concert. I think Hariharan whispered to Maestro to play piano? Very nice to see him play piano and acknowledged by the hungarian drummer.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super post V_Sji as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post

If you have a monumental moment, there has to be a horrible moment following it. That's the female singer in Etho MOgham. Sothappified to the core by the female singer with all sorts of Abhaswarams. How can she sing like that, Naarasam to ears. Completey no feel. Missed Shreya Ghoshal very much. Every time orchestra has to come to rescue. Karthik did a good job, still at lower octaves, he could not register properly could see struggling.
    +1. Horrible she was, even I could spot the abaswarams. Karthik managed quite well and the orchestra was terrific. Not sure why, the crowd did not recognize the song until 10-15 secs. Or may be its Jaya TV. And also +1 for ShreyaG. Badly sorely missed. SJ is irreplaceable for edhO mogam, sure but at least Chitra should have sung. Or ShreyaG. Wonder why she dint go. She would have sung w/o any remuneration even as we all know.

And this is the first time I am seeing SPB struggle. Actually he was quite good and has been the best male singer on the show so far, by a mile, but we have seen SPB *own* shows. I guess he would still do fine on recordings but this has been one of the biggest disappointments. Very very sad indeed.

Chitraji-delightfully sincere like yesterday. Symphony+Idhayam pOgudhE, stunning. IR was a little out of sorts in oru jeevan though. Yuvan was not as bad as I expected him to be.

And BMK saar, 80+ and the way he finished the first charanam and came back to chinna kannan azhaikkiraan - no words.

Loved the orchestra. They were superb on all the songs. Aayiram. malargale. malarungal was goosebump inducing stuff.

Loved Vijay A + DSPs head swings. I can hardly tolerate both but highly respect the fact that both of them are huge Raja fans. 'Namma paya' feeling when they exhibit it each time.

And the mandatory appreciations to Prakash Raj and Jaya TV (for the choice of songs/BGMs they played from the NA winning scores) Can't wait until tomorrow but don't like the fact that its the last episode

Post Thanks / Like
    "நான் உனை நீங்க மாட்டேன்.." என்ற வரிகளைத் துவங்கும் முன்பு ராட்சசனாக பாலு உருமாறிய கணத்தைக் கண்டு ராஜா க்ளீன்போல்டு ஆகும் நிகழ்வு கடைசித் தொகுப்பில் இருக்கிறது. தரிசிக்க காத்திருக்கிறேன்..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way he asks the audience to keep quiet at 10:10 in that symphony video
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S, neenga enna ezhudhinAlum it's so good to read Thanks much Sir!
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast